Dining reviews 8/13-8/17

JJClemson

DIS Veteran
Hello all! I unfortunately am back home after a wonderful Disney trip. We stayed at POFQ, but spent a lot of time around the BC b/c that's where my wedding is taking place next year.

Here are my dining reviews:

Sun. 8/13
Dinner at Cape May Cafe
I do not like seafood, I only made this ADR b/c my mom loves it, and I love my mom ;) However, I was VERY impressed. The chicken and bbq sauce was excellent, as was the chicken salad, corn bread, and asparagus. My mom loved all the seafood. The only thing she complained about was the corn on the cob. However, she complains about any corn that isn't from Jersey. Since we were on the dining plan, our server was obviously trying to enlarge his gratuity. We both ordered water, but he brought us each out bottled Evian water. Then when we finished that, we each got another bottle of Evian without asking. We didn't mind though b/c it was all free.

Dessert at Beaches n' Cream
We skipped the dessert at Cape May Cafe b/c we both love ice cream. DF and I stayed at BC last year and got ice cream from B n' C last year every night without a problem. Well, we waited exactly 28 min to receive our ice cream. The restaurant was not even crowded! I think they were short staffed or something. This really irritated me. I hope they correct this problem before my wedding next summer.

Mon. 8/14
Breakfast at Crystal Palace
This is my favorite buffet in WDW. As usual, it was spectacular! We both loved it so much!

Dinner at O'Hana
How yummy! We had to wait 20 min for our 5:30 ADR, but it was well worth it! It brought back wonderful memories for my mom since we stayed at the Poly when my brother and I were little. The food was excellent! My only complaint is that they really rush you. They brought the courses out so quickly after one another. We asked them to slow down, and they did which was great. Here is a tip: save room for dessert! I am one of those people who thinks a proper dessert involves chocolate, but my mind has been changed. The bread pudding w/ ice cream and bananas foster sauce was soooo good! The pina coladas here are excellent too. I think we are going to have our rehearsal dinner here next year!

Tues 8/15
After stuffing ourselves at 2 all-you-can-eats yesterday, we tried to take it easy today.

Breakfast Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory
I had the Mickey waffle w/ blueberries. The nice woman gave me fresh blueberries instead of the sauce which was great. I was happy to see that sugar-free syrup was located next to the regular syrup so I did not have to bother anyone for it. Mom had oatmeal which she said was fine. Then she went back up to get a cinnamon roll, which she loved.

Lunch Lotus Blossum Cafe
We split the orange chicken rice bowl. It was yummy, but it was a very hot day, so we were not that hungry. It is quite large, definitely enough to split.

Snack Boulangerie Patisserie
Mom and I split a napolean. So yummy! These are her favorite so she was in heaven. I had never had one before. I learned yet again, that chocolate does not need to be included in the dessert for it to be good!

Dinner Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory
I had the chicken caesar salad. It was good, but I found the caesar dressing a little too fishy or eggy or something. It was one of those things where you have an aftertaste in your mouth all night (sorry if that was gross). I also had a chocolate chip cookie, yummy! Mom had the chicken and rib combo. She loved it, all except the corn, imagine that :rolleyes: She then had the carrot cake, which she loved. I tasted it, it was pretty good.

So much for our light eating day!

Wed 8/16
Breakfast Cape May Cafe
We arrived at 9:45 for our 9:50 ADR and had to wait 30 min! No idea why, the restaurant did not look that crowded. I was very disappointed with this meal! DF and I ate breakfast here 2x last year and loved it. There was no french toast on the buffet and the sausage and bacon were cold. Mom said the eggs were really greasy. We did not get out of there until 11:20 b/c service was so slow. Oh well, I hope this is another area that improves before next summer...

Dinner at Brown Derby
YUM! This was our first time here and we both loved it! Since it counts as 2 counter services, we decided not to use the DP for it. We did however do the Fantasmic package. I had the Mesclun and Arugula to start and really enjoyed it. Mom had the lobster bisque and loved it. For dinner, she had the fliet mignon and said it was the best one she has had in a long time. She said she is definitely bringing my dad and bro back here to try it next year during my wedding. I had the Thai Noodle bowl that is supposed to come w/ tofu, but I requested chicken instead. It was sooooo good! But beware, it splatters on white shirts. We both got the grapefruit cake for dessert. We were a little disappointed only b/c we thought it tasted more like orange than grapefruit. That did not stop us from finishing it though! Service was great. We had Jerry and he must have refilled our waters 5x!

Thurs 8/17
Breakfast Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory
I had my Michey waffle w/ sausage this time. Yummy again. Mom had french toast and sausage and said the french toast was only OK. She wished she got the cinnamon roll again!

I will definitely be doing CP breakfast and O'Hana dinner during my upcoming Dec trip! I will also be doing Brown Derby again next year. Overall, our meals were very good! I was just disappointed w/ a few things at BC.

:thumbsup2 Thanks for sharing your reviews. We are going Sept/Oct and have ADRs for 'Ohana and Brown Derby. Can't wait to try the Grapefruit Cake! As for 'Ohana, maybe I will try telling them right from the start that we are not in a hurry! Want to savor everything they have to offer!

:thanks:

Great review!!! :cheer2:

The part about the corn cracked me up. I didn't realize Jersey was known for its corn. :goodvibes

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

bluejasmine said:
Thanks for the reviews! How was your experience with the crowds at the parks?

VERY crowded! Free dining drew a lot of crowds. All the resorts were completely booked the entire time we were there. Usually I would say hit the parks early, but that did not always help. The nice CM at the bus stop at POFQ told us at 8:30 am she had already sent 4 completely full buses to AK, and AK did not open until 9! We did not go to AK, but I heard this was the most crowded b/c of EE. Good luck to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter