Dining Reviews 9/25-10/02 Part Three

BelleDaisy

Earning My Ears
Wed 9/29. Dropped DS off for the Pirate Cruise and DH and I headed over to MK where we split the world's best caramel apple! What a great breakfast!

After the Pirate Cruise we headed over to TL. We used 1 Q&C voucher at Leaning Palms and got the chicken wrap (very good! lots of fresh veggies), fresh fruit cup, sprite and a mickey bar. It was more than enough for all of us to share. A great value.

For dinner we went to Planet Hollywood. We used the $25 dining credit included in our dreammaker package and also asked at the front desk of the WL for the certificate for the free chicken crunch appetizer. I had the LA lasagne which our server had described as a giant mozerella stick with meat. I liked it, although it was way too much for me to finish. DH had the strip steak with a baked potato and green beans. He said his steak was wonderful. DS really liked the chicken crunch appetizer and also shared our meals. DS really liked the atmosphere, especially Capt Hook's pirate ship hanging from the ceiling! Using the $25 credit and the certificate for free appetizer really made this meal an outstanding value for us.

Thur 9/30. Breakfast was at Boma, which is now our favorite breakfast buffet. I can't say enough about the selection of wonderful food here. I especially enjoyed the sticky buns, they were great. DH said they have the best strawberry yogurt in the world here. We did use the breakfast vouchers, and got the press pot of coffee which was outstanding. I love breakfast at Boma so much, that I just may have to stay at AKL next time so I can eat here more often!

Dinner was at Ohana. We had PS for 7:50 but arrived early (around 7?) and checked in early. I'm glad we did. They were very busy. We were given a beeper and were told it only worked on the 2nd floor where the restaurant is loacted, which we were bummed about because we wanted to explore the Poly. At exactly 7:50 we were beeped that our table was ready. We got the most outstanding table with the best view of Wishes! It really was worth the wait. The food was all wonderful- especially the wontons, fried rice and turkey. This is our new favorite dinner spot, a definate must do for our next trip.

More to come...pirate:

Before dining at Ohana if you'd asked me if I liked seafood/vegetable wontons I would have said, "Eh" but I LOVED those things. I could get full on them they were so good (as was everything else).

Can't wait to try O'hana this trip. It's always been on the list but just haven't made it. Want to watch the electrical water pageant from the beach after dinner. :teeth:

Your reviews and glad you got a great table for Wishes.::yes:: :wave2:

We are also on the Dream Maker Plan and are going to use the $25 Planet Hollywood voucher.Where did you hear about the free chicken crunch appetizer. We will be staying at the Pop, do all the resorts have the coupons.

phabric, of course I heard about the free appetizer from these awesome boards! I don't know if POP has them, you may want to try calling POP directly and asking before your trip.

As an aside, I asked at the WL front desk if PH took PS. The CM told me no, but they do offer this "go to the head of the line" card with a coupon for free chicken crunch appetizer on it. So she gave me one! Later on I was on the phone with Disney dining getting some other PS in order, and I asked the CM if PH took PS. She told me that they do in advance, just not the day of. I went ahead and made a PS- not that we really needed one, it wasn't busy when we arrived.

Great reviews, Thanx - 'Ohana is my sons new favorite. I'll have to try & get a PS for Wishes time on our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter