Dining Reviews 9/25 - 10/02 Part Two

BelleDaisy

Earning My Ears
9/27 For dinner we ate at Beaches N Cream using 1 Q & C voucher. I got a cesar salad and onion rings. DH and DS split a double cheeseburger and fries. We all shared the strawberry shortcake for dessert as this is DH's all time favorite dessert. We thought that the food here was good, but it was tiny inside! I felt like I was sitting right on top of the family next to us. A good value considering after the voucher our bill was something like $9. Fun to try, and always fun to check out another hotel. We went over to the boardwalk after dinner, and I wish I would have saved room for a sweet treat at the bakery, everything looked amazing.

Tues 9/27 for breakfast DH and I went over to the Kona Cafe while DS was at the grand adventures in cooking. I've been wanting to try the Tonga Toast for years, and I'm glad I did. I thought it was good, loved the sugar on the outside, maybe a tad greasy though. Warning, if you are not a warm mushy banana fan this may not be for you! I had the Kona coffee and thought that was good too. DH had french toast. While we liked the food and the atmosphere, the service was terrible.

For an afternoon snack, DS LOVED the tomato basil soup from Roaring Forks. Myself and DH were still too stuffed from breakfast to have an afternoon snack (or lunch for that matter).

For dinner we ate at Sci-Fi. We had PS for 7:05 but checked in about 6:15 with hopes to eat early. Given the crowd outside, and the fact that we were told at least 45 minutes, we went to browse in the attached shop. Much to our surprise, about 8 minutes later we were seated. I thought the atmosphere was really fun and was suprised by the number of cars inside. DS had the hot dog kids meal. DH and I split the chicken cesar salad which they split in the kitchen for us. I thought the salad was spectacular--yummy chicken and lots of parmesan cheese with just the right amount of dressing. DH must have had the bottom half of the salad because he said his wasn't too flavorful. I'm glad we finally tried this spot to eat.

More to come!

Love the Sci Fi -- though I've never had dinner there. Don't you live dining in your "car"?

Did you try a shake at Sci-Fi i hear they are great.::yes:: :wave2:

Tried Kona Cafe and the Tonga Toast for the first time last year. Was slightly disappointed. I, too, thought it was a little greasy...and just a bit too much sugar!
Also, I'm a huge coffee fan and while the Kona coffee was good, it certainly didn't blow me away and meet my high expectations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter