Dining reviews...Cape May/Boatwrights

Deweysgirl

DIS Veteran
We ate dinner at Cape May Clam Bake on 7/1/04. The check-in line was very long and they were turning some people away. We had a PS for 7pm and only waited a few minutes to be seated. DH and I were celebrating our 15th so he asked that we be seated in a corner or somewhere a little less congested. HA! They put us right at the end of the buffet line where we could see everyone and they could see us. Weird! Soooo DH asks if we can move. We told them we would wait for something else because we realize they are so busy. Well after a few minutes they put us towards the back next to a party of 20 with 30 kids in tow! :eek: We laugh because we know it's a family restaurant and we're just here for the food anyway! :teeth:

The buffet overall was good. The New England Clam Chowder was thick and creamy and very delicious! The clams were a tasty treat dripping in warm butter! The mussels were a little fishy for my taste but seemed very popular amongst the other diners. The mashed potatoes were very good and the bbq ribs were also. The meat (prime rib?) was just ok according to DH and the man serving was quite stingy. Three tiny little pieces were given at a time which amused DH, the cannibal that he is! I basically made a meal out of the soup, clams, u-peel shrimp and mashed potatoes. The dessert bar was awesome and the oreo bon-bon things are just as wonderful as everyone says. The atmosphere had much to be desired (very loud and noisey) but the food was pretty good and very filling. Food B, Service C. (Only because of the seating problem at first and the fact DH told them on the PS and in person that it was our 15th wedding anniversary and it was not acknowledged, not even verbally. I knew not to count on it though.) Overall it was enjoyable but for the price probably won't be back any time soon. I am glad we tried it though and would recommend it to anyone not celebrating a special occasion. It's a great family restaurant. ::yes:: Bill including two glasses of wine, tax and tip-$71.00

Breakfast at Boatwright's on 7/2. I had the Eggs Benedict and DH had the Sassagoula Combo. Both were large servings and the potatoes served with the Eggs Benedict were awesome! We had juice and coffee as well. Bill came to $24.16 Food A, Service B.

As a side note, we went to see Bob Jackson at the River Roost lounge at POR. He was awesome! The bartender was so nice (Tony). He overheard me telling DH about a drink that sounded good on the menu and I turned around and on the bar he had a "sample" for me to try. (Like a half cup full!) It was a Mississippi MudSlide and it was sooo good! I also had a Bloody Mary (very spicey!) a Pina Colada (dee-lish!) and for a nightcap a "Cajun" coffee. (potent!) The Mississippi Mudslide was the best though by far! Drinks A, Service A+, Entertainment A++. Bob Jackson is a riot! Not to be missed if you are in the area or even if you're not! :tilt:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter