Dining rotations

PinMan

Mouseketeer
when and where do you get you dining rotations ? We’re going on the fantasy feb 23, 2019

If you do call DCL to request a specific rotation, they will only take down the request. Assignments are made by the onboard team a few days before the cruise. You’ll find out if your request was honored once you get your KTTW card in the terminal.

You'll get them when you check in, but if you have a preference, you can call DCL with a request. They have a series of preset rotations that you can select from should it fit your desires

Enjoy your cruise!!

Yep. This. You can definitely have a request put on your reservation. It *is* only a request, but they try.

Given that the rotation order is set (for example, if the order on the Dream is ARE, requesting RAE is 100% not going to be honored), it's best to request to start in a particular restaurant, or to have Pirate Night in a certain restaurant. But not more than one as they might contradict each other.

I will also point out that if you're requesting a server, it's probably best to not request a dining rotation as those could contradict as well. And when there is a contradiction, the assigner does not know which it more important and as a result you may get neither.

On your key card will be a string of letters, this is your dining rotation. First letter indicates where you eat your first day and so on. I haven't been on Fantasy but I assume R for Royal Court, E for Enchanted Garden, A for Animator's Pallet.

Since learning on these boards a few years back (thanks all!) that you can make dining rotation and private table requests, I've gotten my requests each time; CMs do always emphasize that there are no guarantees when noting them. That said, I also always request late dining because we prefer it, so it's possible that's why we've been lucky.

Since you get to try all the restaurants with DCLs rotation style dining, I think the rotation is only important if you have a particular preference about where you like to be on formal and/or pirate night (I have strong preferences there) or if you know you want to book Palo, Remy, etc. in advance for a particular evening based upon (hopefully getting) your requested rotation. In the event you don't get what you request, you can always try again when you board. They really work hard to accommodate! Check the navigator and it will advise you where to go once you board to try to make changes.

You'll get them when you check in, but if you have a preference, you can call DCL with a request. They have a series of preset rotations that you can select from should it fit your desires

Enjoy your cruise!!

Thanks , I see you went on a 7 day on the fantasy, do you have a navigator that you can post ?

Thanks , I see you went on a 7 day on the fantasy, do you have a navigator that you can post ?

Sorry, I don't. But if you go over to Scott's blog at http://disneycruiselineblog.com/ he's got tons. I do keep my KTTW as a souvenir, and our Fantasy rotations were:

12/5/15-12/12/15: AERAERA
12/10/16-12/17/16: ERAERRA
12/2/17-12/9/17: ERAERRA

A: Animator's Palate
E: Enchanted Garden
R: Royal Court

Is there a rotation that you prefer over another?

It is very personal.

I prefer one that starts at Lumiere's/Triton's/Royal Whichever (Court or Palace) on the first night because I do not like that menu at all but I love starting my cruise at Palo - so it's a win-win.

What is "AP"?
animators palate. they have the turtle talk with crush and the drawn to magic shows on the Dream and Fantasy. If you have it a third night you have just pictures of Pirates of the Caribbean movies and rides.

It's generally a noisy restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter