Dining Suggestions

slbgnb

DIS Veteran
This might be too broad of a request. We don't usually focus on dining too much - in the past, we would do like 4 character dining experiences and then 1 or 2 non -character. This year I think we will just try the new Topolino's Terrace for character dining and MAYBE StoryBook - although the prices are high and menu very limited here - any suggestions for your faves that are not character or signature? I love O'hana, so maybe that and then 2 other ones would be nice. Thanks!

I don’t know what is considered signature. We are adults with no kids where a few family members have food allergies and here are our favorites:

Resorts - Boma at AKL breakfast and dinner, Ale & Compass at YC breakfast and WCC at WL breakfast.
Disney Springs - The Boathouse.
MK - LTT, BOG, Tony’s.
Epcot - Coral Reef, Space220, Chefs de France, Tutto Italia, and Le Cellier.
DHS - 50’s PTC and HBD. For CS PizzaRizzo.
AK - Rainforest Cafe. For CS Pizzafari.

My favorite restaurants right now are:
  1. Topolino's Terrace
  2. Boma (Breakfast and Dinner)
  3. Sebastian's Bistro
  4. Whispering Canyon Cafe
Other favorites are Geyser Point, Trattoria al Forno (Breakfast), Steakhouse 71 (lunch), and Homecomin. We still really like Ohana but for the price we probably wouldn't go back if it weren't for the nostalgia factor.

Here are some options plus items I like.

Resorts
- Citricos. I know that it's signature but it's worth it. I ate here twice in the span of four days a few weeks ago. (Dinner: Tilefish, Short Ribs, or Mahi Mahi)
- Grand Floridian Cafe for any meal. Consistently good. (Dinner: French Onion Soup, Shrimp & Grits)
- Geyser Point. Hidden gem at WL. It's a lounge so you can't make reservations. (Handcrafted Crab Cake)

MK
- Liberty Tree Tavern. Typical Thanksgiving fare in a cool environment. A family tradition for me.

Epcot
- Chefs de France. Very nice brasserie. Also a family tradition. (Dinner: French Onion Soup, Boeuf Bourguignon)

HS
- 50's Prime Time Cafe. Not the best food (not bad either) but it's an experience. If you've already been maybe try something else (Sci-Fi is also a cool experience, and it's quiet in there), though Hollywood Studios isn't known for its food. I've had good meals at Mama Melrose's, which is usually good, and ABC Commissary. (Chicken Pot Pie or Pot Roast)

AK
- Honestly quick service is best here. Up to you based on what you are in the mood for.

Also an unpopular opinion. Homecomin will likely be recommended by multiple people, but I promise you that it's not worth it. The food is so heavily salted that it ruins the meal. I've eaten here multiple times and have never had a good experience; between poor food and service, I would not go again. If you want to eat at Disney Springs go to the Boathouse. Different kind of food but it's a lot better.

Resorts
- Citricos. I know that it's signature but it's worth it. I ate here twice in the span of four days a few weeks ago. (Dinner: Tilefish, Short Ribs, or Mahi Mahi)
- Grand Floridian Cafe for any meal. Consistently good. (Dinner: French Onion Soup, Shrimp & Grits)
- Geyser Point. Hidden gem at WL. It's a lounge so you can't make reservations. (Handcrafted Crab Cake)

MK
- Liberty Tree Tavern. Typical Thanksgiving fare in a cool environment. A family tradition for me.

Epcot
- Chefs de France. Very nice brasserie. Also a family tradition. (Dinner: French Onion Soup, Boeuf Bourguignon)

HS
- 50's Prime Time Cafe. Not the best food (not bad either) but it's an experience. If you've already been maybe try something else (Sci-Fi is also a cool experience, and it's quiet in there), though Hollywood Studios isn't known for its food. I've had good meals at Mama Melrose's, which is usually good, and ABC Commissary. (Chicken Pot Pie or Pot Roast)

AK
- Honestly quick service is best here. Up to you based on what you are in the mood for.
I've been seeing a lot on Grand Floridian Cafe - might have to add that one to my list!
Love Liberty Tree - although I do miss Minnie and the gang here
Chefs is on my list! I love French food and really want to go there
I've been to 50s prime time and sci-fi - like them both for what they are. I've seen SciFi is now a hard to get ADR, which seems odd.

Thanks!

This might be too broad of a request. We don't usually focus on dining too much - in the past, we would do like 4 character dining experiences and then 1 or 2 non -character. This year I think we will just try the new Topolino's Terrace for character dining and MAYBE StoryBook - although the prices are high and menu very limited here - any suggestions for your faves that are not character or signature? I love O'hana, so maybe that and then 2 other ones would be nice. Thanks!
Hoop Dee Dooooo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter