Dining suggestions?

MickeyMonstersMom

DIS Veteran
I'm finalizing plans for that 1st solo in April. The general (though all too brief!) itinerary is:

Sunday: Arrive at WDW in afternoon, explore MK-area resorts, eat dinner at 'Ohana

Monday: Explore Epcot and Boardwalk

Tuesday: Wide open: check out in morning, but hang around the world until I feel like heading out

So far, I'm considering eating a very light breakfast on Monday and grabbing a sandwich and rice cream at Kringla as soon as the World Showcase opens, and then make a dinner PS at Le Cellier. Or, maybe try San Angel for a larger lunch and then snack around the WS and at the Boardwalk. I can't decide!!!

I may or may not visit a park on Tuesday, but might like to have a nice "farewell" breakfast at one of the resorts.

Are there places that are better-suited for solo dining, or places that people simply like more than the others? Any suggestions are most welcome!!

I wasn't comfortable sit-down dining alone until my 4th or 5th trip. But I liked Chefs de France because I'd ask for a window seat and really love people watching. CRT for lunch was nice-the servers made me feel so special. At Columbia Harbour House and Pecos Bill's, I found tables where I could people watch (I love to do that-makes the time go by while I eat). In AK, I'd take my food outside from Pizzafari to one of the tables in front. Busy area-lots to see! Although I loved the food at R&C, felt it was too hectic. And at Norway, I felt like I got forgotten once! Not much to see at Liberty Inn. No trip to WDW is complete to me without getting something from the French Bakery and sitting "soaking up the atmosphere" on a bench by the fountain.

If you're looking for a great breakfast, try Fresh Market in the Dolphin. It is a one-price meal- I hesitate to use the word buffet. Unlike the usual buffet where the food sits under heat lamps, at Fresh it is prepared for you at stations- fresh pancakes, waffles, french toast, omelets. There is plenty fruit, pastries, bacon, sausages and carved meat. Coffee and juice are included in the price.

I've been solo dining at WDW for awhile now. Charactor meals too me awhile to get used too. My favorites are Cindy's Royal Table and Crystal Palace (a buffet) in MK, at Epcot I love R & C and LeCellier, and in MGM it's the 50's PrimeTime. At AK, I usually just wing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter