dining time question

anricat

DIS Veteran
We recently booked a cruise for June on Mariner of the Seas out of Port Canaveral. We are currently wait-listed for early dining, which seems odd this far out, but okay. Should we remain on the wait list or should we sign up for My Time Dining and then try to get a slot we like like 6:15 or 6:30 or something? When do the online bookings open for My Time Dining?

You can wait and see if you get early, or sign up for My Time. You would be able to book your reservations in advance and most likely would end up with the same table/servers for all nights if they are at the same or similar times. you can also email rcldining at rccl.com and see if they can help you get off the waiting list, but not sure that always works (or still does, it's been a few years since I did it).

I vote for My Time Dining and if you still want to get on waitlist go ahead and try but last time I was on RCCL I wish I had chosen My Time.

Not sure when it opens up online though. It seems pretty popular option

With my time dining you can just show up without reservations and be seated when a table is available. We preferred to do that for flexibility. You can also make reservations if you want to

I have had My time dining several times and made reservations for each day online prior to the cruise. Once I was on board I changed or cancelled the reservations if needed.
Denise

We were able to book our My time dining reservations at around 275 days out. RCCL doesn't have a strict timeline on when they open up things for reservations, they do blocks of several months of cruises at a time so I would just check back frequently or keep an eye on a meet up group since usually someone posts when stuff is open.

I like MTD, but we do make reservations ahead of time. On our next cruise I have reservations for 6pm every night starting on day 2. Day 1 was available but we will be playing that by ear. We may change or cancel reservations once on board but I like have a general time to plan for. We have a family of 6 going (my mother in law is traveling with us). We prefer the 6pm dining time to the 5:30 early dining or 8:30 late dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter