Dining Wars: Drinking's Edge - An August 2018 Dining Report - Updated 2/18: Completed

kastoney

Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm
A long, long time ago (really just August) in a galaxy far, far away (otherwise known as Florida)
It is a period of dining wars
Rebel parents, drinking from a hidden base (aka Nomad’s Lounge)
Have won their first victory against the costly Disney Dining Empire

During the battle Rebel Spies (you’ll meet them soon enough)
Managed to steal the secret plans to the Empire’s ultimate weapon, the Tables In Wonderland Card,
an armored card with enough power to destroy a planet (20% off at a time)

Pursued by the Disney Dining Empire’s sinister costs
Princess Kari (that’s me) races aboard her birthday starship
Custodian of the stolen card
That can save her people and restore dining & drinking freedom to the galaxy…

Welcome fellow dining Jedi’s to my 9th dining adventure.

I’m Kari, the General of these trips, hard working employee by day, tired Mom by night, and Disney-loving foodie in-between. This trip was to celebrate my 44th year on this planet and celebrate we did.

Joining me on our dining adventure is the Han to my Leia, the C3PO to my R2D2, the Jabba to my Hutt, my husband Jason.

He’s a chef turned runner and stay at home Dad who enjoys drinking to the edge like me

But he’s clearly got a little Jar Jar in him.

With us as always is our own little Yoda, Casey. She’s small but wise and a little foodie in her own right. She can clean up real nice.

But mostly she just takes after her father.

With us on part of this trip were the Rebel Spies, our best friends D and J.

They are Disney skeptics whose recent move 600 miles away from us - coupled with the national holiday that is the day of my birth - compelled their guilt to visit the world for the first time.

They were able to tolerate their 4 days with us but at their core are still firmly on the non-Disney dark side.

Maybe Jason and Casey are really on the dark side too?

For those just stumbling upon our dining adventures a couple of things to note:

We are Jedi foodies to the core. We never met a Signature restaurant or adult beverage we didn’t like or couldn’t at least tolerate for the sake of our commitment to Disney dining reporting.

While the majority of this report will center on dining wars and drinking to the edge I take that liberally and will dip my toes into non-food things. Think mostly Ewoks in Return of the Jedi with a little bit of Lando Calrissian thrown in for good measure.

We don’t usually make advanced dining reservations (we had exactly 1 going into this trip) and instead just go where our bellies, last minute reservations , and the force lead us.

And did I mention adult beverages? It is vacation after all and you’ll certainly be seeing a lot of this

Followed by even more of this.

Now the details. Our trip was August 18-26 2018 with a split stay between the death star and Tatooine, I mean Boardwalk and Beach Club. We’ll return to some of our perennial favorites: Jiko, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Yak N Yeti, California Grill , Nomads Lounge and Flying Fish as well as try a few new to us places.

So sit back, pour yourself a drink, stow your lightsabers, and…..

May the Dining Force be With You

Last edited:
Last edited:

I kind of wanted to wait until next year to comment just because :snooty: but I'm too excited to hear about your trip!

Wooh, I'm so looking forward to hearing about this one! I'm sorry I won't turn up anywhere in your report this time, but hopefully next time we have aligning trips I'll have to fix that. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!