• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dinner rotations & Formal/Semi-Formal nights...

AmyM

<font color=blue>Things sometimes get better the s
Why is it that on the Western itinerary both Formal and Semi Formal nights are spent in the same restaurant? I believe that it's because they are the sea days. However, with that being said I would be really bummed to be in PC for both Formal and Semi-Formal nights. I guess I will request the rotation that puts in Lumiere's for these nights. For those that have done Formal/Semi-Formal in AP or PC how did you like it?

They must have changed the rotation. We were on the 1st Western, had PLAPLAP. Formal was in animators palatte and I think semi-formal was in Parrot Cay (at least that's what I remember). I'm probably not the best person to weigh in on Parrot Cay because I didn't like the experience there at all. It was too loud for me.

If you're concerned, ask for a different rotation. They shouldn't have any trouble switching you.

I can't remember who posted this, but this is one of the BEST things I have gotten from these boards....

http://community.webshots.com/photo/52061656/70830733GubfrW

It is a grid showing the restaurant, night, and special occasion for each of the rotations. I'm planning on using it when I book my Palo night.

I'm am also hoping it will still be good after the drydock. I'm on the first sailing after drydock. We leave for the Western on Oct 11.

I agree with ReadyForDisney2003. The chart is one of the best for trying to figure out plans for Palo, excursions, spa times, etc.

The poster of this chart is mmouse37. She has also created a similar chart for the Eastern.

The link for both charts is Disney Magic Dining Rotations

Since Sunday is a port day on the western, and the ship does not leave Key West until fairly late, the formal night is on Monday instead of Sunday (as it is on the eastern).

I've been in Parrot Cay several times for formal night, and I don't think it really takes away from it. The atmosphere is much more subdued then on a regular rotation night, the wait staff is dressed formally, as are your tablemates. Surprisingly, I've never been in Parrot Cay for a tropical night, but that doesn't really bother me, either. Like anything, the meals are what you make of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter