Dinning Plan Restaurant out of pocket

dcost214

Earning My Ears
I have dinner reservations the day I get in at splitsville since that place is not as expensive as other dinning plan locations would I be able to pay out of pocket even though I’m on the plan so that way I can save a table service credit for later in the trip?

Disney will always take your money. So you can pay out of pocket. The DDP does not limit what you can do as long as you pay for it.

Yeah. When on the dining plan when it comes time to pay you can always choose to pay with card/cash/Dining plan credit.

Yes- just make sure your server knows (don't say yes when they ask about the dining plan). They may ask if your on the dining plan, you can just tell them no for this meal and they will know you will be paying out of pocket.

We are doing the same thing! We are in the parks one more day than we have dining credits for, so I’m going over menu prices to figure out which meals would be best paid out of pocket.

You have a certain number of credits to use.
They can be used 1 at a time for single credit meals or use 2 for the signature dining.
You can decide at each meal whether to pay out of pocket or use your credits.
When you are out of credits, its pay as you go.

We do this every trip. We always get the dining plan and pay for Sci-FI oop.

We try and get the most out of the DP and pay oop for places that we might split an item or cheaper sit down places.

Just tell the server that you are paying cash.

We do this every trip for the Boathouse. We love the restaurant, but typically don’t order the expensive steaks, so I refuse to spend 2 credits on burgers. Never had a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter