Direct Sales Incentives - Fall 2020 (9/17 - 11/4)

People will still buy direct and while these are not as good of what ended, they are not bad for someone wanting RIV.

My guess is that sales were good enough for their long range plan to have reduced them. With Reflections on hold or gone, there is no rush to sell out.
It is still cheaper to buy RIV now than it was in May.

I wouldn't say they are comfortable with sales levels at RIV. The incentives are still significantly more than they were in February.

It is still cheaper to buy RIV now than it was in May.

To lower incentives from what they had indicates to me that current sales are doing okay.

It is not cheaper though than what I got last October so it seems like they go up and down, It was $167/pt for my 175..of course, I had a CM discount from my DD so it dropped it to $162...

If they were really hurting with this entire Covid thing, they would have kept things closer to what just expired...at least that is my opinion,

I've never seen these! I appreciate them including a 4,000 point example, you know, just in case. Polynesian - with the incentive it's ONLY $924,000!
Come on @CastAStone, everyone knows you have that kind of money under your couch cushions ;) lol The should just leave that off since 99% of the people that own DVC are not buying 4000 points direct.

Come on @CastAStone, everyone knows you have that kind of money under your couch cushions ;) lol The should just leave that off since 99% of the people that own DVC are not buying 4000 points direct.
Haha, but if they leave it off then we can't make fun of it! 🤣

Though I feel like the market of folks who might buy 4000 direct points would more likely buy one of the mansions on Disney property (Golden Oak)

It's significantly cheaper to rent VGC points than to buy them direct at this point anyway, if one takes into account opportunity cost or the time value of money (which one should). It's barely cheaper to buy direct than rent if one does the simple math.
Are people actually able to rent when they want though? I haven't been able to but I only tried for a couple months.

Are people actually able to rent when they want though? I haven't been able to but I only tried for a couple months.

I haven’t seen a ton of VGC points for rent over the years so I’d say probably not.

You can’t even buy VGC direct right now so resale is it. If it’s a resort one wants to go to regularly, it could work out.

I have seen VGC points for rent on the rent board here. I don’t know if it’s common; I’ve never actually tried to rent VGC. We stay off site at DLR.

When I spoke to my guide a month or so ago, he said that they are no longer putting people on the wait list because it was very long. Not sure if that will change eventually.

To add to this, when we called in to our guide yesterday to finalize our purchase of 300 points CCV, he mentioned a few other changes that were communicated just that day:
  • They are no longer selling UY for OCT, or DEC, if someone asks then guides should suggest SEP
  • They are no longer allowed to give out 2019 points (likely because 2020 is saturated with points due to COVID)
I feel like I'm forgetting one, so if I remember later, I'll post again.

To add to this, when we called in to our guide yesterday to finalize our purchase of 300 points CCV, he mentioned a few other changes that were communicated just that day:
  • They are no longer selling UY for OCT, or DEC, if someone asks then guides should suggest SEP
  • They are no longer allowed to give out 2019 points (likely because 2020 is saturated with points due to COVID)

super glad I got in and challenged for my 2019 points in July for an August use year.

They are no longer selling UY for OCT, or DEC, if someone asks then guides should suggest SEP
They are no longer allowed to give out 2019 points (likely because 2020 is saturated with points due to COVID)
Permanently?!?! Or just for the remainder of this year?

Permanently?!?! Or just for the remainder of this year?
Purchase of October and December use years would be the last use years eligible to get 2019 points. (So it's moot after that).

Is this just for CCV or for all resorts? I would assume Aulani and Riviera at least technically have 2019 points available?

I wonder what they’d do if someone who already owned a Dec UY called and asked for 200 CCV points. Hard to imagine they’d force them to pick a new UY?

Is this just for CCV or for all resorts? I would assume Aulani and Riviera at least technically have 2019 points available?

I wonder what they’d do if someone who already owned a Dec UY called and asked for 200 CCV points. Hard to imagine they’d force them to pick a new UY?
I can only speak for CCV but the way that guide was speaking it really sounded like it was across the board for all resorts (even if it's only for the remainer of the year as @CarolMN suggested). As for the DEC UY, we had no problem acquiring it since we had already been granted it prior to the meeting, so I would assume any one that already owns it would also not have a problem, but I'm new here so 🤷‍♂️

I would say it would have to be for new owners and not current ones looking to add on. since most do not want a second membership

Another thought too. It appears they gave 2019 Dec UY points from RIV to owners who had banked 2018 points. So that could be playing a role too in how many are left.

I'll just leave these here ...

happy informed shopping! 🍷

Geeze! 8.99% or 11% financing... This means, if you use the full term to pay your loan off, you'd be paying $519.46 and $653.00 in interest (respectively) at the end for every $1,000 taken out. Some may say do not finance, but I say "please finance responsibly!" There are other types of loans that will save you a boatload!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter