DIS 20th Anniversary *UN*OFFICIAL meet ups, events and make a friend thread.

Accident

DIS Veteran
This thread is for all the non-official anyone welcomed to join in events that will start to pop up and be available. Also if traveling solo or just interested in enjoying WDW with others, it's a great place to make a new DisFriend...

PRIVATE 20TH ANNIVERSARY FACEBOOK GROUP:

A private facebook group has been created as an additional way to keep in touch and find others before and during the event. To join visit https://www.facebook.com/groups/441752162840820/

Attending:
Most will probably end up being informal, no capacity meet up opportunities. Additional information will be given if there is any prior commitment. As this is a Give Kids the World charity week with WDWInfo, we do ask you make a donation in the size you see fit for joining in any. Information on how to do that will be added when wdwinfo releases how they are taking donations for their events. (it'll be an online app, easy to do).

As signups haven't happened yet for official events and there is a chance they may change, rteetz's spreadsheet below is the most up to date record of opportunities. Please read the thread and check the facebook group (link above) as many are tracking their own events or meet up park days in a way that is impossible to keep up with on this first post.

------------------------

Ryan's Spreadsheet (5/16/17)
screen-shot-2017-05-16-at-1-43-47-pm-jpg.237632

Last edited:
Disers interested in joining others....

To get your name on the list: Please reply or private message @Accident with details of interest(s), arrival and departure date and anything else you might want added to this post.

To reach out to someone on the list: Message them or reply. It's impossible to try to organize everyones plans in a post, sorry but you'll need to reach out.

Please suggest any category to add, this is just a brain storm of what people might be looking for.

Looking for a volunteer at GKTW group: (note they have a background check process, if this interests you start the process and this is not trying to bypass any GKTW requirements to volunteer).
- @Ravens girl A/D: May 28 - June 4

Looking for park friends:
- @GAN A/D: May 28th - June 4th
- @TheMaxRebo - A/D: May 31 - June 1 (may 31 AK)
- @Madonna3 - A/D May 28-June 04 (june 3 planned AK day) - DVC (can get into dvc lounges)
- @SleepingRebecca - A/D: May 30 - June 2

Looking for park friends with younger children:

Looking for park friends with 5-6ish to preteen:

- @AngiTN A/D: May 26th - June 2, Universal June2 - June 5

Looking for park friends with teenagers:
-
@Mommy a Deux A/D: May 28 - June 4 (DD 13 & DS 12)
- @shopn24seven A/D: 5/30 - 6/1
- @katmu A/D: 5/31 - 6/4

Looking for dining friends:
- @Accident A/D: Local - Has TiW.
- @Mommy a Deux A/D: May 28 - June 4 (TiW)
- @AngiTN A/D: May 26th - June 2, Universal June2 - June 5 (TiW)
- @PrncessA A/D: May 31 - June 4
- @TheMaxRebo - A/D: MAy 31 - June 1
- @Madonna3 - A/D May 28-June 04 (june 3 planned AK day) - (TiW)

Looking for bar friends:
- @AngiTN A/D: May 26th - June 2, Universal June2 - June 5 (TiW)
- @TheMaxRebo - A/D: MAy 31 - June 1
- @Madonna3 - A/D May 28-June 04 (TiW)

Looking for non-drinking friends:

Traveling solo and/or up for anything!
- @Accident A/D: Local

Looking for friends that want to do things off property:

Looking for others interested in 360/VR video/photography:

Legend:
A/D: Arrival and Departure dates.

Last edited:
Let's start to brain storm on what else we can do for those that are looking to just be around WDW with other disers and not planning a formal trip where you need lots of family time..

My ideas:
- Helicopter tour. always wanted to do this, not all of disney is a no fly zone, there is 2 tour groups very close to property on 192 and some others on idrive. The do offer packages for many of the parks and price is based on flight time with 7 minutes around disney being the lowest cost and a night tour of universal ending with watching illuminations at epcot in the air being the most expensive. I'm talking to them now seeing if we can get some special group and it's for charity rates... (as well as them donating to the auction pool)..

- boating around bay lake and seven seas lagoon. I rarely get to this but might be a nice afternoon for a couple hours and I'll cover the boat rental..

Thanks for starting this @Accident

I was one person in favor of something around a meet up at Pandora/Extra Magic Hours. I will be there on May 31st and if others are there as well would be great to meet up

Another idea I had was on June 1st prior to the part Trader Sam's and then go watch the Happily Ever After fireworks from the TTC and then take the monorail over to EPCOT for the party

I'll join you for for a preparty that starts and poly and monorails to the party after the fireworks. I was thinking of doing dinner somewhere as well if anyone wants to team up for a the pre-pre dinner party the same night.

I post party gathering at abracadabar (sp??) or jelly rolls could be interesting, do they stay opened until 1 or 2am?

Thanks for starting. I'll follow along and join in where we can. We'll have DGD9 with us so it may limit what we can do, though she is a very well behaved tween who hangs well with adults.

post 2 is going to be for a list of people looking for new friends.. if your solo, speak up (in this thread or private me) and I'll add your name. This is just going to be a general looking for friends that want to do the same things your interested in and it'll be up to others to reach out to them however they want to make plans.

mods: is there anyway to make a temporary link in another forum pointed to this? I know some forum software does allow a looks like a thread placeholder that goes to 1 thread elsewhere. maybe the adults and solo forum could use one to help find others..

Doesn't the monorail stop running an hour before normal park close for EPCoT?

According to google (which was pulling from WDW Magic) it runs for 2 hours after normal EPCOT close. I know last trip we did a lap on the monorail after illuminations as my son wanted another ride on it

Doesn't the monorail stop running an hour before normal park close for EPCoT?

Lately you can never tell when they will be running. because of park hopping and cars, if they are not running the bus to epcot leaves from TTC and we'll be there and on our way before the mass exit crowd hits the ttc after watching from mk...

side note, we're also talking about possibly doing a dinner at geyser point prior to trader sams to check that new place out.

I am up to doing Pandora EMH. I don't think it will matter which night. I just don't want to do it after the party like one suggested. I forget who. My Dad and I arrive on May 29th in the morning and leave June 2nd in the late afternoon. I'll probably set my AK day soon or half HS/AK day (not sure yet). So, if we want to discuss an official day for Pandora EMH, I say lets figure that out. Are we going to try and get FP for it in the evening? If not, I'll just make my FP for the day and take advantage of EMH. Who knows if the EMH is going to be beneficial with only Pandora being open though.

I don't know if we would want to join in on the Trader Sams/Fireworks/Monorail thing. I feel like it would be better to watch from the Polynesian Beach than the TTC. The TTC is only a 5 minute walk from the beach area, so I'm sure you would still beat the crowds.

Some more ideas I have thought of:

- I know at least one of the days (probably 2), I'm going to spend an afternoon watching the Voices of Liberty if anyone would like to join. :) I haven't planned out my schedule since I have no idea what the "official" events will be yet.

- If any DVC members are staying at Bay Lake Tower or any DVC members want to travel to BLT one evening, we can go up to the Top of the World Lounge and watch Happily Ever After. Preferably May 29th or 30th.

- All Star Wars at DHS: Ride Star Tours, meet Kylo Ren/Chewbacca, Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular.

- Rope drop Mountains at Magic Kingdom (Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain).

- Miniature Golf Tournament! (I have never done any of the miniature golf courses at WDW).

Last edited:
I post party gathering at abracadabar (sp??) or jelly rolls could be interesting, do they stay opened until 1 or 2am?

AbracadaBar has a midnight closing I believe and pretty sure Jellyrolls is 2AM as you mentioned.

I am up to doing Pandora EMH. I don't think it will matter which night. I just don't want to do it after the party like one suggested. I forget who. My Dad and I arrive on May 29th in the morning and leave June 2nd in the late afternoon. I'll probably set my AK day soon or half HS/AK day (not sure yet). So, if we want to discuss an official day for Pandora EMH, I say lets figure that out. Are we going to try and get FP for it in the evening? If not, I'll just make my FP for the day and take advantage of EMH. Who knows if the EMH is going to be beneficial with only Pandora being open though.

I don't know if we would want to join in on the Trader Sams/Fireworks/Monorail thing. I feel like it would be better to watch from the Polynesian Beach than the TTC. The TTC is only a 5 minute walk from the beach area, so I'm sure you would still beat the crowds.

Some more ideas I have thought of:

- I know at least one of the days (probably 2), I'm going to spend an afternoon watching the Voices of Liberty if anyone would like to join. :) I haven't planned out my schedule since I have no idea what the "official" events will be yet.

- If any DVC members are staying at Bay Lake Tower or any DVC members want to travel to BLT one evening, we can go up to the Top of the World Lounge and watch Happily Ever After. Preferably May 29th or 30th.

- All Star Wars at DHS: Ride Star Tours, meet Kylo Ren/Chewbacca, Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular.

- Rope drop Mountains at Magic Kingdom (Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain).

- Miniature Golf Tournament! (I have never done any of the miniature golf courses at WDW).

I am only getting in on the 31st so that will be my Animal Kingdom Day, if that could work with your plans.

I was thinking about watching the fireworks from the beach but when I saw they want you at EPCOT at 9:30 I figured just safer to watch right from the TTC (and to be honest, I have heard that is a really good spot and I haven't viewed the fireworks from there yet) - but if everyone else wants the beach I could be swayed

I'd probably be up for Trader Sams and HEA from the TTC or Poly beach. That sounds smart. Where do you watch it from the TTC? Around the Ferry Boat docks? I was unaware they piped in the music there.

I get in late on the 31st so I'll probably be at Pandora the morning of the 1st.

A/D: as early as May 28 to as late as June 3 - trying to be flexible until we get final events
will be joined by DD 13 & DS 12
All 3 AP holders, staying off-property with car, TiW

Looking for park friends with teenagers

Looking for bar friends:
Looking for non-drinking friends:

Looking for friends that want to do things off property:

I am only getting in on the 31st so that will be my Animal Kingdom Day, if that could work with your plans.

I was thinking about watching the fireworks from the beach but when I saw they want you at EPCOT at 9:30 I figured just safer to watch right from the TTC (and to be honest, I have heard that is a really good spot and I haven't viewed the fireworks from there yet) - but if everyone else wants the beach I could be swayed
I can always make it work, but I'm not sure if I'll get over there until close to EMH. I will probably check out Pandora on the day I arrive since I will be to excited to wait, but I can go over in the evening of the 31st. I can always go to AK twice as well since it is my favorite park. :)

Last edited:
A/D May 26 to June 2 (moving to Universal till 6/5)
Staying on property, either CBR or YC, undecided so have reservation at both for now
Myself, DH and DGD9, all have AP, TiW and will purchase the express bus pass for ease of transportation (no car)

Looking for park friends with 5-6ish to preteen: especially those with other only children

Looking for bar friends:

I saw they want you at EPCOT at 9:30 I figured just safer to watch right from the TTC (and to be honest, I have heard that is a really good spot and I haven't viewed the fireworks from there yet) - but if everyone else wants the beach I could be swayed

Id like to view from TTC ...I've never seen them from there so it would be something new -viewed from the beach before. With the new show, who knows what to expect ..but aren't they saying less fireworks?

How about a meetup in Fantasy land to watch the fireworks, then use the express bus to go over to AK for EMH on May 31st?

Anyone know the bus schedule for the express busses?

Ok, I just called and checked, MK EMH until 11pm, and the Express runs until 30 minutes before EMH end at AK, so 12:30am.... Sounds perfect to me! What do you all think?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter