DIS/Dreams Unlimited China Adventure Oct 14th - 25th 2017 SOLD OUT!!!

Hi
We have just registered with expressvpn for a month to see us through the time we are away, very painless process.
We have also hired a "mifi" for the time we are in Japan. We should be picking it up at the hotel thurs\fri, If It works I'll post on here how i find it.
Ian & Diane
Ian & Diane...can I ask why you're using the mifi for Japan and the VPN for China? Are there restrictions for one or both in the other country?

It looks like the after events cocktail group will be reforming:woohoo:!
Just an FYI for the Tokyo goers, was watching a video from TDR explorer and a quick way to figure the cost in yen is to drop the last two zeros and you have the approximate cost in dollars. Sorry Ian and Diane, this tip probably doesn't help you.

Chris

Ian & Diane...can I ask why you're using the mifi for Japan and the VPN for China? Are there restrictions for one or both in the other country?
Hi
The VPN is to allow us to use the internet in China, helping to avoid the restrictions they have in place.
The mifi in Japan is a mobile WiFi source as WiFi isn’t widely available so a rental for the days we are there will help us get about.
Hope this makes sense
Ian & Diane

We were supposed to be in San Francisco today, instead we are at home in Florida. Yesterday, our 9:30 am flight from Tampa to San Francisco did not leave Tampa until 1:30. Our connecting flight (Las Vegas to SFO) would have been long gone by the time we landed in Las Vegas. Alternate flights from Vegas to SFO had us going to Seattle, San Diego and/or Phoenix before getting to San Francisco very late in the evening. We made the sad decision to cancel our 3 nights in San Francisco and fly to California on Saturday morning.

The good news is that we'll fly in to John Wayne instead of LAX and we received vouchers for a future flight to SFO. The bad news is that we are again routed to California through Las Vegas.

Wow Dave. Was that a result of the tragedy in LV?

Wow Dave. Was that a result of the tragedy in LV?
Initially, no. But as Air Force 1 was also enroute to Vegas in the early afternoon, I imagine that all inbound and outbound traffic had to hold until AF 1 was on the ground.

Hi
The VPN is to allow us to use the internet in China, helping to avoid the restrictions they have in place.
The mifi in Japan is a mobile WiFi source as WiFi isn’t widely available so a rental for the days we are there will help us get about.
Hope this makes sense
Ian & Diane
Thanks for the explanation, Ian & Diane. I think I'm too late to get mifi, so I'll just have to use the wifi at the hotel. Still plan on signing up for VPN, though. It's on the list of things to do that should be shrinking, but is still growing for some (annoying) reason.

I was at Disneyland tonight and introduced myself to Joe Rhode who happened to be at the parks as well. Turns out he's going to be at Hong Kong Disneyland and Shanghai basically the same dates we are so we'll have to be on the lookout for him!
Oh. My. Goodness!!!!! This would be amazing!! Someone may need to remind me to just enjoy the parks and stop looking for him! lol

Hi
We have just registered with expressvpn for a month to see us through the time we are away, very painless process.
We have also hired a "mifi" for the time we are in Japan. We should be picking it up at the hotel thurs\fri, If It works I'll post on here how i find it.
Ian & Diane

Hi
We’re here, staying for a few nights in the centre of Tokyo, really enjoying everything so far.
The WiFi Japan buddi - portable WiFi does ecactly what it says, a portable WiFi signal just for you, good signal, waiting at the hotel when we got here.
Hotel WiFi very good, very few free hotspots whilst out and about, glad we got the portable one for while we are out sightseeing.
See you all real soon
Ian & Diane

Hello!

It's is exciting to hear from our fellow Adventurerers already in Tokyo. I am delighted to hear that we may see Joe Rhode in the parks. I wonder if I can convince him to be a guest on Connnecting with Walt.

Just a reminder, our last Skype call is Sunday, October 8 at 12 noon (PDT). Christian is in California visiting family and friends, so I invited him to join us. He said he would try, but that is his birthday and he does have plans. I did send him a message about our hope to visit The Bund on Day 10. Haven't heard back if that plan would work with the ABD itinerary.

If you are joining us on the Skype call for the first time, my account is Mouseketeer.michael (Michael Bowling). You must send me a message first asking me to add you to my contacts before I can add you to the group call. Hope to see you all then. I suppose I should get to packing today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter