Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

So what are most folks doing for flights back to the US east coast returning from Venice? Many of the flight options after we depart the ship have some crazy layovers (18+ hours) in London or elsewhere unless you leave Venice like at 6 AM on departure day. Just curious?

I originally had a direct flight VCE to JFK but Delta cancelled it and put me on Air France with a 2.5 hour Paris layover (and no ability to select my seats, ugh).

Overall, my experience booking flights for this trip has been less than stellar. I booked a JFK to FCO far in advance to get the seats I want and of course there have been multiple aircraft changes and I went from two by two seats on the bulkhead in comfort plus to the dreaded middle seats which makes me want to have a panic attack. Delta told me the computer did a random reassign when the aircraft changed and I should expect it to happen a few more times before March.

I have bad flying anxiety and being stuck in the middle row on a redeye is going to make me nuts!

I originally had a direct flight VCE to JFK but Delta cancelled it and put me on Air France with a 2.5 hour Paris layover (and no ability to select my seats, ugh).

Overall, my experience booking flights for this trip has been less than stellar. I booked a JFK to FCO far in advance to get the seats I want and of course there have been multiple aircraft changes and I went from two by two seats on the bulkhead in comfort plus to the dreaded middle seats which makes me want to have a panic attack. Delta told me the computer did a random reassign when the aircraft changed and I should expect it to happen a few more times before March.

I have bad flying anxiety and being stuck in the middle row on a redeye is going to make me nuts!

If one should expect to have one's seat randomly changed by a computer several times over the next several months - why do they even allow one to select a seat to begin with? Just to give you false hope?

Almost ready to book my flights! Anyone think leaving Venice for a return flight at 10AM on 3/31 may be pushing it to get to the airport in time?

I think you will be fine since the ship comes in the night before. I am doing a 12:05 departure and just booked the Viking transfers for that leg through Kevin.

If one should expect to have one's seat randomly changed by a computer several times over the next several months - why do they even allow one to select a seat to begin with? Just to give you false hope?

Exactly the question I asked. He told me that they don't "guarantee" seats. He said that they try to give you comparable seats to your selections. I was fit to be tied. Just makes traveling stressful!

@Cousin Orville you're coordinating the shared vans to port from Rome, right? I am wondering if you have room for two? we are staying at an Air BnB, not the same hotel as you all, but if we had to cab it to the hotel to share the van, we would. Let me know if you have space and what the cost is. Thanks!

@Cousin Orville you're coordinating the shared vans to port from Rome, right? I am wondering if you have room for two? we are staying at an Air BnB, not the same hotel as you all, but if we had to cab it to the hotel to share the van, we would. Let me know if you have space and what the cost is. Thanks!

Our van is full, but I think @kpiper may still have room in hers. You'll have to check when and where she's leaving from.

So what are most folks doing for flights back to the US east coast returning from Venice? Many of the flight options after we depart the ship have some crazy layovers (18+ hours) in London or elsewhere unless you leave Venice like at 6 AM on departure day. Just curious?

We're flying out of Venice 8pm the evening of 4/1 to Munich on Air Dolomite, and then the 9:30am United non-stop from Munich to Newark on 4/2. I will probably book the airport Hilton for the overnight in Germany. I have done that Munich to Newark flight a dozen times!

Hey guys - I can't believe it is close to 3 months before we set sail and I have no flights or hotels booked. I'm sooo bad at planning for this trip. But I guess it's really time to hunker down and put some thought into this. I don't post much on the boards but I am looking forward to to meeting you all again/for the first time. I will be one of single traveler so I'm hoping to join in some of the fun you guys have planned. I have finally slogged my way through the 56 page of this thread and it has put some ideas in my head on what I want to see in at least Rome.

Can I hop on this bus?

@apurplebrat - If there is still room on the food tour could you put my name down for it (just 1) and send me all the pertinent information and payment information.

@met19 - What time was that dark Rome tour on Saturday morning? The only time I see for that day is 7:20am - is that what time you booked?

So much to do and not much more time to do it in :eek: :faint:.

See you all soon!!!

Karen Chiu
Sorry I didn’t reply. I’ve been off the board this week busy st work. Yes the 720 tour. @TheMaxRebo and @Cousin Orville set it up. I still have don’t any research on my other days or restaurants besides the express Vatican and the food tour. I arrive on the 21st.

Hi @littleshells! It sounds like Chandra and Patti can't make our shuttle so yes, we have room for you two! Since there are only 5 of us the cost is 40 Euro a piece plus tip - in cash. Sorry for the delay - it has been concert season for us (hubby is a pianist) so it's been a craaazy few weeks.

Hi @littleshells! It sounds like Chandra and Patti can't make our shuttle so yes, we have room for you two! Since there are only 5 of us the cost is 40 Euro a piece plus tip - in cash. Sorry for the delay - it has been concert season for us (hubby is a pianist) so it's been a craaazy few weeks.

Thanks @kpiper count us in! Thanks!

Where are you leaving from? we have an air b n b so I am thinking we will have to cab it to you guys.

Twilight Trastevere Tour Friday 3/23/2018 - Update 12/18/2017

https://www.eatingitalyfoodtours.com/rome/tours/twilight-trastevere/

Below is the current list of food tour participants. There is still room for more!

Food Tour date: Friday, March 23rd, 2018 - deposit has been paid to secure our spot.

We are now up to 33 people for the food tour - the cost is $113.00 US
We have 27 confirmed and 8 pending

We will be split into possibly 2 or 3 groups - 4:15 & 5:00 & 5:45 are the tour start times.

Please let me know if any dietary restrictions (they cannot accommodate gluten or dairy free).

Please let me know if you would like to join us on this food tour!!

Name DIS Boards Name Count

confirmed -27

Karen A @apurplebrat 1
Jason @JWren1234 1
Chris & Chuck @christannj 2
Micki & John @tardis1029 2
Kristy & Dustin @khertz & @DDuck4Life 2
Marilee & Dino @corky441 2
Will @met19 1
Kevin & Kate @Cousin Orville 2
Beth & Trish @MaryKatesMom 2
Chandra & Patty @bamagoofy 2
Phil & Judi @TheMaxRebo 2
Karen & Bruce @kipper 2
Lauren,Jeri & Mom @stenogoddess 3
Karen @me_minnie_me 1
Erin & Gretchen @Enorto1 2

pending confirmation - please reach out to me to confirm

Angela & Eva @Skip3key 2
Scott & Pam @sshaw10060 2
Bob & Nancy @Oilheadbob2017 2

Tour Description
Trastevere is a neighborhood like no other. Its ivy-coated, cobblestone streets come alive at night earning it comparisons to Greenwich Village and Paris’s Left Bank. It’s where Romans choose to eat with their families on a Sunday and where young Romans go for buzzing nightlife at evenings and weekends. You can’t leave Rome without walking through these streets, tasting the best food on offer, and taking a million pictures of this amazing hotspot.

On this guided 4-hour walking food tour we explore this photogenic neighborhood by night. You’ll sample a sumptuous blend of Italian classics like pizza and pasta, real Roman street food, less-known meats and cheeses, and amazing wine in a secret cellar – its history will blow you away. Few activities in Rome deliver as many hidden surprises and enchanting moments as this, so be sure to join us for an unforgettable night in one of our favorite neighborhoods in Rome. Take advantage of Rome’s vibrant nightlife by walking through the streets of Trastevere with a local.

A few of us did this tour during our September 2014 ABD Viva Italia. It was AWESOME!

Kristy did a great report located on the boards

https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...r-link-added-7-3.3335259/page-3#post-52386617

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!