DIS Exclusive Backstage Magic Adventure 12/2 - 12/7/2018 - SOLD OUT!

I am technically arriving on the 28th. But will transfer over on the 29th. Doing the Warner Bros. Studio Lot tour on the 30th. Then doing the VIP Universal Tour on Saturday, the 31st with @dina444444. Hoping to make it to the Griffith Observatory at some point or go see a movie at the El Capitan theater.

I am technically arriving on the 28th. But will transfer over on the 29th. Doing the Warner Bros. Studio Lot tour on the 30th. Then doing the VIP Universal Tour on Saturday, the 31st with @dina444444. Hoping to make it to the Griffith Observatory at some point or go see a movie at the El Capitan theater.
You mean Saturday the 1st lol

It just occurred to me that they have different system out there for FP, and something called MaxPass. Its probably not anything we are going to be concerned about since we've done this ABD several times now and don't really need to do anything extra in the parks but it did make me wonder if MaxPass will be part of our ABD package.

It just occurred to me that they have different system out there for FP, and something called MaxPass. Its probably not anything we are going to be concerned about since we've done this ABD several times now and don't really need to do anything extra in the parks but it did make me wonder if MaxPass will be part of our ABD package.
I’m going to guess likely not since it’s an add on for all tickets except the highest level annual passes (signature plus and premier)and it’s not required to be used. MaxPass is digital fastpass for us at DLR but all of our fastpass rides still have paper distribution for free as well. MaxPass costs $10/day per ticket and it’s a $75/year to add on to an annual pass that doesn’t include it. In addition MaxPass includes photo pass downloads for the days it’s puthcased and for tickets that are not pre purchased with MaxPass you buy it daily through the DLR app.

I’m going to guess likely not since it’s an add on for all tickets except the highest level annual passes (signature plus and premier)and it’s not required to be used. MaxPass is digital fastpass for us at DLR but all of our fastpass rides still have paper distribution for free as well. MaxPass costs $10/day per ticket and it’s a $75/year to add on to an annual pass that doesn’t include it. In addition MaxPass includes photo pass downloads for the days it’s puthcased and for tickets that are not pre purchased with MaxPass you buy it daily through the DLR app.

Don’t know if they will give us maxpass but it’s def useful if you plan on going on multiple attractions- you can reserve a fast pass while on line for another. I think from being a regular at DL the benefit to this trip is the backstage area, etc

Max Pass is not included with your ABD park hopper.

It can be added to you pass once you've received it at Disneyland.

It can not be added prior to your actually holding the ticket.

In other words.....Kevin can't do this for you.:tongue:

I know that no one wants to talk about this, but I have spoken with ABD this morning regarding the fire closest to Hollywood.

While no decisions have been made, they are monitoring things very closely.

Safety for Adventurers, Guides and Vendors is of highest importance.

Let's hope that this never becomes an issue and lets keep those that have lost in our thoughts.

We had teams from several departments across MT leave yesterday to head to California to help with the fires on a 2 week rotation. Many of these departments are volunteer fire departments which means that they leave their regular job when the call goes out to go fight fires, respond to accidents, do rescues and to serve in their communities and beyond. Please keep them in your thoughts as well. For a list of the departments going see this article https://missoulian.com/news/state-a...cle_6f6df953-badf-5594-b443-0283407ae9af.html and here is a link to a program about volunteer departments from rural states like MT https://krtv.com/news/2018/09/17/face-the-state-volunteer-fire-departments-answer-the-call-video/

Prayers go out to all who have lost lives and others who are impacted. As much as Morgan want to do this ABD, we all want what is best for those of us traveling and for the guides. Thank you Kevin for keeping us updated.

Prayers go out to all who have lost lives and others who are impacted. As much as Morgan want to do this ABD, we all want what is best for those of us traveling and for the guides. Thank you Kevin for keeping us updated.
I live about 20-30 miles south of where the Malibu fire is/was and air quality has improved immensely from what it was on over the weekend. Today was the first day since Friday that we could see blue skies and didn’t have a a smoke filled haze across the entire skyline.

Okay...John and I did the "walk through" of this Adventure yesterday and I have some things to share.

ABD wants us to know that they are hopeful that World Of Color will be back up and running, but they have no real info. Cant tell you one way or another.

On the day we arrive at Disneyland, ABD will provide dinner vouchers. (Yay!) This is being done to allow us to go to the parks quickly and because that's the night we will be able to see the Holiday fireworks. It will be a BUSY day. Take a nap on the bus to Anaheim. :)

This first night is also the night we ride Haunted Mansion as a group before heading to our special fireworks viewing area. Don't waste a fast pass on HM. We get special treatment!

They have removed the tour of the 1901 lounge. We have requested they put it back...but they are not sure if they can do it.

There are some magical moments they have prepared for us. We know some of them and some they save to surprise all of us.

One of the one's they shared made me tear up. Okay...I cried a bit. We've done this trip many times and we've never done this. Super excited!

They also told us that something that we really enjoyed was unavailable. Ten minutes later they called back and said it was good to go. How's that for a cliff hanger????

These are the things I thought we should share. We have saved some other special surprises for our Adventure.

Our Guides will be Summer Rose and Dean.

Something to consider.....ABD used to provide "gratuity envelopes". They no longer do that.

I can tell you from experience that things like these are IMPOSSIBLE to find at DL.

You may wish to bring a couple of small note cards if thats something you might want to use.

That's it for now.

18 days till our Welcome Dinner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!