Dis Exclusive December Backstage Magic 12/14 - 12/19/2014!!!

DisneyKevin

Kelvis
Super Moderator
Howdy Folks!

This is our thread to plot, plan, obsess and discuss our December 2014 Backstage Magic Adventure.

As this trip is already sold out, I am leaving out pricing and details.

If you are interested in being put on a wait list for this trip, please write to me at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.

Your fellow travelers:

Karen S. - KarenSchulz
Kevin Z.
Christine
Gerald
Loni
Karen C. - me_minnie_me
Karen P. - kpiper
Bruce - Karen's husband and less enthusiastic about Disney
Austin - Karen's son and less enthusiastic about Disney
Kristen - garneska
Bert
Kevin M.
Carol - merifan
Melissa - mjw534
Suzanne
Michael
Scott
Pam
Jeff - OKWLover
Val
Doug
Debbie
Dave - macman72
Sally
Cynthia - CynthiaC925
Sherman
Mary Jo
Karen - apurplebrat
Kaye - Karen's amazing Mom
Chris
Ashleigh
Tracey H - dsneydreamer
Chris H - slapwhitey
Various and sundry Podcast People (undecided)

Good morning all! :wave2: I look forward to chatting and all the good stuff for this upcoming adventure.

:) Carrie

Love that new thread smell!

Hi Everybody. To help us all get acquainted, here is a picture of Val & I.
1000989_10200384687396556_258628375_n.jpg

This will be our second ABD trip. Our first was also BSM. We did that in July 2012. Let the countdown begin!

Hi Group

I am already so excited for this trip it will be hard to wait a year and a half. Been to WDW several times and will be going again in May but have never been to DL/CA before. Never been to LA area before, just San Diego.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

:dance3:

Hi Group

I am already so excited for this trip it will be hard to wait a year and a half. Been to WDW several times and will be going again in May but have never been to DL/CA before. Never been to LA area before, just San Diego.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

:dance3:

Welcome to the DIS! (or at least your first post on the DIS) :wave:

DL/CA will be a real eye-opener for you. Just go with an open mind about their castle. :joker:

Welcome to the DIS! (or at least your first post on the DIS) :wave:

DL/CA will be a real eye-opener for you. Just go with an open mind about their castle. :joker:

I've heard the castle is is quite a shock if you are used to WDW. :)

I've been a podcast listener for a while now but I've never been big on boards/forums. Thought this would be a good idea to pass the time waiting for the trip. People at work think I'm silly planning so far in advance but trips like this you have too. I'll be at WDW the week before Memorial day too before the summer crowds. Thinking of doing a Behind the Magic Tour there too. I have until November to decide as thats when I can book that.

Hi everyone! There will be three of us joining you all on this AWESOME Backstage Adventure! We have done one ABD before (Quest for the West) and it was spectacular, so I can only imagine how great this one will be - especially since some of the podcast team will be joining us!

My husband (Bruce) and son (Austin - he's listed as Charles on the 'official list') are somewhat less enthusiastic about Disney than I am, but I think in some small, secret way, they too are looking forward to this trip. ;)

My husband (Bruce) and son (Austin - he's listed as Charles on the 'official list') are somewhat less enthusiastic about Disney than I am, but I think in some small, secret way, they too are looking forward to this trip. ;)

Hi Karen. :wave:

Before our 2012 trip my wife was a bit doubting about the wisdom of spending all that money for the trip. (she's not quite as big a Disney fan as I am) Once it was over though, she said it was worth every penny.

They will come around.

We are very excited to be on this trip. While it will be a month late we will be celebrating Bert's very special birthday. Can't wait to meet everyone, though some I know from the last Dis ABD :)

Hello all,
I am Cynthia (CynthiaC925) and am looking forward to our trip together.
I doubted whether I should do this trip since I have already experienced many aspects of what this trip offers but not with the depth and breadth that ABD includes nor the very special Dis experiences! So had to join the December trip.
I live in California (northern) so if you want help with a visit up my way happy to help. The Walt Disney Family museum is so worth a visit.
Mary Jo - I can't wait to meet you - love you on Dis Unplugged-Disneyland podcast!

Greetings everyone!

I'm Dave and my wife is Sally. This will be our 2nd Adventure. We were fortunate enough to be part of an amazing group of the "beta testers" for the first Podcast Crew-ABD Backstage Magic trip in April 2010.

We are looking forward to this Adventure and can't wait to meet our fellow Adventurers!

...dave

Thanks Dave for the warm welcome! Both me and my hubby, Andrew are excited about the trip and meeting new friends. This will be our 1st ABD trip. We are annual passholders to Disney World and love Disneyland. We travelled to Disneyland for the 1st time in 2008 and listened to both the East and West coast podcasts for helpful tips and had an amazing trip. It is great to have an adventure with fellow disney friends.

Looking forward to fun conversations..:)

Carrie

Hello

Excited to take this trip with my mom Carol (merifan), who is in Disneyland with my 11 year old son as I type this. So jealous!

She took the BSM trip last July with the DIS and always talks about it, so we decided I needed to go too! Looking forward to some Disney mother-daughter time like we did when I was growing up!

Melissa

Hello

Excited to take this trip with my mom Carol (merifan), who is in Disneyland with my 11 year old son as I type this. So jealous!

She took the BSM trip last July with the DIS and always talks about it, so we decided I needed to go too! Looking forward to some Disney mother-daughter time like we did when I was growing up!

Melissa

We were on BSM with your mom last year! pirate:

Hello all!

I know I'm a little late to the party. I'm Suzanne and DH is Mike. I have wanted to do this trip from the minute I heard about it and decided that no matter what, 2014 would be my year! I can't tell you how excited I am. DH is not as big of a Disney-phile as I am, but he's a good sport and happy to go along for the ride.

Technically we won't know until this December whether DH is going to be able to get that week off. I do have a backup companion lined up if he can't make it.

This was the best of the 3 options, but it's still a very tough time for both of us to get time off from work, so it's going to be a stretch to get any pre- or post-days added on. Luckily, we spent 12 days in Southern California in the fall of 2012 so we got to see most of the things in the area that really interested us, which lessens the pressure for that.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you over the next year!

Hi Karen. :wave:

Before our 2012 trip my wife was a bit doubting about the wisdom of spending all that money for the trip. (she's not quite as big a Disney fan as I am) Once it was over though, she said it was worth every penny.

They will come around.

Thanks Jeff! I think they are looking forward to it, but enjoy teasing me about my Disney passion! So if nothing else, they will derive great pleasure from that! Lol!

I just listened to the BSM podcast from a few weeks ago and the whole trip sounds amazing. Can't wait! So if John and Kevin are on the February BSM, and Teresa and Kathy are on the July BSM, does that mean we get Pete? pixiedust: Not that I wouldn't enjoy meeting anyone/everyone from the podcast.....just trying to do a little sleuthing. :)

So if John and Kevin are on the February BSM, and Teresa and Kathy are on the July BSM, does that mean we get Pete? pixiedust: Not that I wouldn't enjoy meeting anyone/everyone from the podcast.....just trying to do a little sleuthing. :)

In July 2012 we had Pete, Walter, Kevin & John. That was before they added Dustin, Shaun and Craig to the mix. Val & I have met all of them and no matter which ones go it will be a fun time.

Thanks Jeff! I think they are looking forward to it, but enjoy teasing me about my Disney passion! So if nothing else, they will derive great pleasure from that! Lol!

I just listened to the BSM podcast from a few weeks ago and the whole trip sounds amazing. Can't wait! So if John and Kevin are on the February BSM, and Teresa and Kathy are on the July BSM, does that mean we get Pete? pixiedust: Not that I wouldn't enjoy meeting anyone/everyone from the podcast.....just trying to do a little sleuthing. :)

John and I will not be traveling on this Adventure.

At this point, it is undecided as to who will be joining this group.

We have time to make this decicision.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!