DIS Fit 2020: New Hopes and Goals

I took the dog for a walk this afternoon, it was nice and the weather was good. My legs are still sore from all the walking at the zoo though, so it was a little rough! But nice to get outside in the fresh air.
I have been meaning to ask how the kiddos broken arm is? Did he get the cast off?

Good for all you walkers!! With the arthritis in my knees, I have learned that if I am going for a walk, I use my cane. I don't use it when I am at home, and if I am shopping at one store, but I learned a long time ago (at Disney, no less) that my knees and hips like having that little support. I didn't walk today, but I had the 2yo GS here. He's enough to keep you going. lol

I didn't walk yesterday because we spent the day helping DS1 move into his new house. Then when he was out picking up pizza I couldn't stand all the weeds in his front yard so I began weeding. We just pulled the ragweed (paying for that today) and some other really tall weed and filled a garbage can.

Not walking but we did get lots of exercise. Too sore today to walk but I am getting out tomorrow definitely. Maybe a walk after dinner tonight.

Keep posting, it makes people like me feel guilty when I take a day off. Good motivation to get going again.

Keep posting, it makes people like me feel guilty when I take a day off. Good motivation to get going again.
I don't think helping someone move, and then weeding their garden qualifies as taking a day off. You made up for more than your walk.

My walk today was a little shorter. The pain in my foot started getting worse. Then I remembered that yesterday I'd taken a naproxen in the morning. Not something I do every day. Still, day 2 done.

Good for all you walkers!! With the arthritis in my knees, I have learned that if I am going for a walk, I use my cane. I don't use it when I am at home, and if I am shopping at one store, but I learned a long time ago (at Disney, no less) that my knees and hips like having that little support. I didn't walk today, but I had the 2yo GS here. He's enough to keep you going. lol
I bought a cane in 2017 when I had bursitis in my hip, and was about to visit meet my son in Disneyland, but I confess I've reluctant to use it. I think I'll need to take it on my next Disney trip though.

I found that when I walk on the sidewalk one particular street I get cramps in my legs. The sidewalk is going up and down and on an angle as it goes over driveways. I started walking on the street instead (street is quiet because of Covid) and my legs don't get as sore anymore.

Food for thought if you find yourself with unusual soreness. It may be the walking environment.

I bought a cane in 2017 when I had bursitis in my hip, and was about to visit meet my son in Disneyland, but I confess I've reluctant to use it. I think I'll need to take it on my next Disney trip though.
You will be so much better off for it. I can't remember the last time I went to Disney without my cane. I know I had it in 2015 (2015-2016 was my "Year of Disney"-several trips celebrating my retirement). I remember going in to the Candlelight Processional and someone already seated indicating the handicapped seating. Yikes! I'd never considered myself handicapped and just kept chugging. My cane is a tool that allows me to enjoy Disney. It's a collapsible one, so easily tucked away on the rides. Between Disney and the airports, it is a godsend. Oh, and last year, on a Mediterranean cruise, DH had some foot issues. He confiscated my cane for some of the tours, leading to a positive experience for both of us. :)

Today is the first day in 24 years I am not in a classroom.
Mixed feeling of being safe and missing my friends and colleagues.
Ok enough ...good thoughts and move forward!
I was up at 6:30 am and did some stretches,,got a coffee,and now a bit of Online learning.

For Fun
Pooh's a little gassy today

I will break every hour to move and stretch and then take a break at 11:30 for a walk.
Have a great day and keep moving!
Hugs
Mel

I got back on the treadmill today. Decided after I did 30 min I would go 10 min longer. I was watching Kelly and Ryan (they were back in the studio) so I decided what the heck I would just go for 1 hour. I've never done an hour on the treadmill (walking) before.

If I can keep this up (and lets face it what else have I got to do during Covid) I could be in great shape by the time I get to go back to Disney.

@bababear_50 since I started working from home I find the best thing is to get up every hour, I have my fitbit set to remind me to get 250 steps every hour. The first week I didn't do that and my hips were very achy.

@ottawamom an hour?! Way to go. I wish I had a treadmill but no room for it here. I have a stationary bike but never use it. I will try and walk the dog twice, hopefully between rain.

Kiddo starts grade 6 tomorrow. I pray it goes well. For so many reasons.

Missed a day of walking yesterday. I was back in the office and our temporary location just isn't conducive to taking breaks. No lunchroom to fill water bottles either. We have to go to another building for everything except the washroom. I was in a lot of pain yesterday as well. Working from home today, started my water already and promise myself to take a break and go for a walk, morning and afternoon. You have to look after you right?

Missed a day of walking yesterday. I was back in the office and our temporary location just isn't conducive to taking breaks. No lunchroom to fill water bottles either. We have to go to another building for everything except the washroom. I was in a lot of pain yesterday as well. Working from home today, started my water already and promise myself to take a break and go for a walk, morning and afternoon. You have to look after you right?

Yes you do have to always remember self care first!
I hope you are able to get a few breaks in today.
Hugs
Mel

Boy oh boy it was hard getting up this morning. With all the news in the news last night, I tossed and turned all night. It doesn't help that this is the third straight day of grey overcast skies.

I did get up and did my hour on the treadmill. It was rough going though. I do feel better having done it and now I can go about my day guilt free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter