DIS meet in Kansas City?

I really think we need to put something together. If something could get said on the Podcast that would be great! We have such a fun city! We could do a BLVD. tour or something!

Thank you! Ive been reading for a while now and finally decided to join the family!

Awesome! So, I'm trying to see what kind of buzz this thread gets to see if it would be possible to get a DIS Meet together. It could be getting BBQ somewhere since we do live in the KC area, a sporting event (Royals, Sporting KC seem to be more family friendly with my experiences), or Worlds of Fun. That's all I can think of so far.

Awesome! So, I'm trying to see what kind of buzz this thread gets to see if it would be possible to get a DIS Meet together. It could be getting BBQ somewhere since we do live in the KC area, a sporting event (Royals, Sporting KC seem to be more family friendly with my experiences), or Worlds of Fun. That's all I can think of so far.

Meeting for some BBQ sounds good to me!! I also have an co worker that's a pretty big Disney fan so I could bring them as well

Hi all! Looking for other Disney fans in KC and stumbled across this thread. We are a family of 3 in Lees Summit. We usually vacation to WDW and Disney Cruises. Will continue to watch the thread!

Hi all! Looking for other Disney fans in KC and stumbled across this thread. We are a family of 3 in Lees Summit. We usually vacation to WDW and Disney Cruises. Will continue to watch the thread!
Hi. Welcome to the DISboards! I'm busy the next couple weeks (next week I'm at WDW. Yay!), so that is why I haven't formally set something up. Keep an eye on this thread, or if you have any ideas, feel free to give suggestions. I'm hoping to get a pretty decent group together to do some type of activity in the near future!

A great place to go to would be like Jack Stack on the Plaza. BBQ and the Plaza scream KC. There is always the GKTW fundraiser at Worlds of Fun too.

I live in Independence. Just heard they are opening a Joes KC in Orlando!!!!!
It's technically going to be an Oklahoma Joe's BBQ rather than a direct expansion of Joe's Kansas City Barbecue (the article mentions Oklahoma Joe's BBQ is a slight variation from the Oklahoma Joe's that became famous in Kansas City). Same two founders for both companies but they split several years ago. Still pretty cool in my mind though to have a location down there.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/consumer/os-oklahoma-joes-ace-cafe-20160114-story.html (Story from Jan 2016).

Alright. If we are going to do a weekend, I say we plan for a Saturday night. Sundays are usually really busy for me with church and other activities that I have. Now, I only have two Saturdays that I am available between now and May. Those would be April 1st (April Fools Day...Yippee lol) and April 8th. I have several concerts I'm performing in, the LA Angels will be in town one weekend, and I also have season tickets to Sporting KC (I'm so happy the season has started). Now, if you are questioning about me posting about the LA Angels, I grew up in Southern California before deciding to travel to the colder weather for college lol. I cheer for the Royals when they are not playing the Angels if that makes you happy. :) You might also wonder why I typed all of that? That is just in case that some point we decide to do a DIS Meet at a sporting event, now you know the two sports teams I will go see in KC. I have been to one Chiefs game, and I won't go to another game.

So, would April 1st or April 8th work for anyone?

@disneychik21 ...Do you know of any great places to meet between Olathe and Independence? I can only think of the Plaza, or possibly JackStack on 95th Street. I only mention that, because we did talk about BBQ lol. I can always go for KC Joes, but the only one I know of is in Olathe. I don't want to make you drive 40 minutes though.

Last edited:
Alright. If we are going to do a weekend, I say we plan for a Saturday night. Sundays are usually really busy for me with church and other activities that I have. Now, I only have two Saturdays that I am available between now and May. Those would be April 1st (April Fools Day...Yippee lol) and April 8th. I have several concerts I'm performing in, the LA Angels will be in town one weekend, and I also have season tickets to Sporting KC (I'm so happy the season has started). Now, if you are questioning about me posting about the LA Angels, I grew up in Southern California before deciding to travel to the colder weather for college lol. I cheer for the Royals when they are not playing the Angels if that makes you happy. :) You might also wonder why I typed all of that? That is just in case that some point we decide to do a DIS Meet at a sporting event, now you know the two sports teams I will go see in KC. I have been to one Chiefs game, and I won't go to another game.

@disneychik21 ...Do you know of any great places to meet between Olathe and Independence? I can only think of the Plaza, or possibly JackStack on 95th Street. I only mention that, because we did talk about BBQ lol. I can always go for KC Joes, but the only one I know of is in Olathe. I don't want to make you drive 40 minutes though.

There is a Joe's at Town Center I believe. Maybe Jack Stack downtown? It's close to Crown Center and is in the heart of the city.

There is a Joe's at Town Center I believe. Maybe Jack Stack downtown? It's close to Crown Center and is in the heart of the city.
I haven't been to the Joe's in Leawood at Town Center. I always go to the one in Olathe lol. I usually prefer Joe's KC over Jack Stack even if they are both my favorite BBQ places in KC.

Would we be up to doing lunch on April 8th?

@Mackenzie Click-Mickelson , @disneychik21 , and anyone else who might want to join.

I haven't been to the Joe's in Leawood at Town Center. I always go to the one in Olathe lol. I usually prefer Joe's KC over Jack Stack even if they are both my favorite BBQ places in KC.

Would we be up to doing lunch on April 8th?

@Mackenzie Click-Mickelson , @disneychik21 , and anyone else who might want to join.
I'd be up for it. Is it ok to bring our spouses/significant others?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts