DIS meet in Kansas City?

I'd be up for it. Is it ok to bring our spouses/significant others?

Of course it is! It will be fun getting to know other Disney fans in the KC area. I'll post the official information this afternoon. :)

I'm also thinking of a fun event to do once we get to know each other involving history of Walt Disney. I can explain more when we get together.

First Official Disboards Meet-Up in Kansas City Information!

When:
Saturday, April 8th @ 12 p.m. (time can change within the lunch hours if others have a time that works better and others agree).
Where: Joes Kansas City BBQ
Address: 11723 Roe Ave, Leawood, KS 66211

This will not include food. If you would like to get food, please expect to spend anywhere from $10-$20 per person depending on what you like to get.

Please reply below or send a PM to AMusicLifeForMe if you plan on attending. Please include how many will be attending in your party.

I'm looking forward to meeting some Disney fans in KC!

@Mackenzie Click-Mickelson ,@disneychik21 , @KCmike ,@KCbee28 , @RockChalkMicky , and anyone else that finds this thread from the KC area.

When:
Saturday, April 8th @ 12 p.m. (time can change within the lunch hours if others have a time that works better and others agree).
Address: 11723 Roe Ave, Leawood, KS 66211

This will not include food. If you would like to get food, please expect to spend anywhere from $10-$20 per person depending on what you like to get.

Please reply below or send a PM to AMusicLifeForMe if you plan on attending. Please include how many will be attending in your party.

I'm looking forward to meeting some Disney fans in KC!

@Mackenzie Click-Mickelson ,@disneychik21 , @KCmike ,@KCbee28 , @RockChalkMicky , and anyone else that finds this thread from the KC area.
My husband and I should be there so that's 2 people :)

I will be there! Count 2 for me!
My husband and I should be there so that's 2 people :)
It's looking like it will just be us so far. I will probably wear my Disboards shirt, so I'm recognizable lol. I'm excited to meet both of you.

In case you were wondering, Joes KC announced that you can get a free order of fries this Monday, April 3rd, with the purchase of a sandwich. So, you might find me at one of the locations on that day as well lol.

It's looking like it will just be us so far. I will probably wear my Disboards shirt, so I'm recognizable lol. I'm excited to meet both of you.

In case you were wondering, Joes KC announced that you can get a free order of fries this Monday, April 3rd, with the purchase of a sandwich. So, you might find me at one of the locations on that day as well lol.
Still April 8th correct?

My husband got called into work this weekend so we won't be able to make it. :sad2: I hope we can make it next time though.

So, do you want me to plan anything, or do you just want to talk about Disney lol? I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.

@Mackenzie Click-Mickelson @disneychik21 @pooh'smate
Talk Disney, things about ourselves, maybe any upcoming vacations (Disney or otherwise), etc lol that's what I can think of at the moment.

I know @AMusicLifeForMe you mentioned wearing your DIS shirt..for me I'll be the shorter girl (I'm 5ft 3) with the taller husband (he's over 6 ft 5).

I'll try to wear a shirt that is Disney related myself :)

@pooh'smate sorry you can't make it :( hope to meet you sometime though!

Talk Disney, things about ourselves, maybe any upcoming vacations (Disney or otherwise), etc lol that's what I can think of at the moment.

I know @AMusicLifeForMe you mentioned wearing your DIS shirt..for me I'll be the shorter girl (I'm 5ft 3) with the taller husband (he's over 6 ft 5).

I'll try to wear a shirt that is Disney related myself :)

@pooh'smate sorry you can't make it :( hope to meet you sometime though!
I'm about as tall as your husband, and I'm still rather young. I literally just graduated college last year, so yay! :D

I might also start another thread since this one started a while ago, and I don't always get updates from this thread.

@pooh'smate Hopefully we will meet you soon! I know I'm planning something that might be up everyone's liking, but I want to run it by those of us who will be there Saturday first.

I'm about as tall as your husband, and I'm still rather young. I literally just graduated college last year, so yay! :D

I might also start another thread since this one started a while ago, and I don't always get updates from this thread.

@pooh'smate Hopefully we will meet you soon! I know I'm planning something that might be up everyone's liking, but I want to run it by those of us who will be there Saturday first.

@AMusicLifeForMe I've got no problem with starting a newer thread just let me know where to go for it :D should you decide to create a new one.

I'll be 29 next month and my husband will be 28 in July so right now 28 and 27 respectively lol soooo we're not too too far off from you in age!

@AMusicLifeForMe I've got no problem with starting a newer thread just let me know where to go for it :D should you decide to create a new one.

I'll be 29 next month and my husband will be 28 in July so right now 28 and 27 respectively lol soooo we're not too too far off from you in age!
Umm worst news ever!!!!! I have strep!!!!! I was so excited to meet you guys and I am so sad! I'm 29 too, so we are all about the same ago and it would have been so nice to meet more people around my same age and with same interests. Can we plan a second meet so I won't be sick????

Umm worst news ever!!!!! I have strep!!!!! I was so excited to meet you guys and I am so sad! I'm 29 too, so we are all about the same ago and it would have been so nice to meet more people around my same age and with same interests. Can we plan a second meet so I won't be sick????
Oh no that's terrible :sad2:...yeah you keep that strep aaallll to yourself :rotfl:

I don't have a problem at all with doing a second meet :D

Oh no that's terrible :sad2:...yeah you keep that strep aaallll to yourself :rotfl:

I don't have a problem at all with doing a second meet :D
Oh no! I'm so sorry!!! Get well soon!!! I would love to plan a second meet. I'm also thinking of an all day thing which is what I was going to ask about. I'll see what Mackenzie thinks about it tomorrow then get back to you on here.

@Mackenzie Click-Mickelson ...Did you still want to meet? We can always reschedule. I'm up for it if you are.

Oh no! I'm so sorry!!! Get well soon!!! I would love to plan a second meet. I'm also thinking of an all day thing which is what I was going to ask about. I'll see what Mackenzie thinks about it tomorrow then get back to you on here.

@Mackenzie Click-Mickelson ...Did you still want to meet? We can always reschedule. I'm up for it if you are.
Yes my husband and I are still up to meet tomorrow :-)

************OK Guys change of location just for the April 8th 2017 Meet********************

When:
Saturday, April 8th @ 12 p.m.
Address: Has been changed to 11950 S Strang Line Rd, Olathe, KS 66062 NOT 11723 Roe Ave, Leawood, KS 66211 repeat new location is 11950 S Strang Line Rd, Olathe, KS 66062

@disneychik21 (just tagging you though I know you cannot make it), @KCmike ,@KCbee28 , @RockChalkMicky , and anyone else that finds this thread from the KC area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!