Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

....my DS flew back to Orlando late this morning.....he said it was kind of nightmarish. They only let 10 passengers at a time off the plane, to be greeted by CDC and the military. They all had to sign a form, providing info like their place of work, their flight # and airline, their phone number, address, and other stuff. If they break the 2-week quarantine, it's a $500 fine and a60-day jail sentence.

WTH????

Sounds pretty hypocritical or discriminatory with how they are opening back up and all.

Wow. I wondered if FL was still saying that travelers from our area had to quarantine, I guess they are saying yes.
....well, here's the REAL rub...one of his good friends, who is a CM in Magic Kingdom left for her parents' home the day before Dylan came here. She flew back the same day that Dylan returned - last Friday afternoon. However, she was flying to MCO from Maryland. She didn't experience ANY of the stuff that Dylan did. The ironic part is, he basically was inadvertently "quarantined" here at our house. In the almost 4 weeks he was home, he only went to Whole Foods [with my other son] once, the first week here and stayed in the entire trip!

Wow, so is FL is basing the 14 day quarantine on where you're flying in from?

It amazes me how many think this is perfectly acceptable and no rights are being violated. Letting the hospitals get prepared at the onset was probably needed, but after that it seems to be a power trip by Governors and others. At this point people need to get on with their lives and be able to work to support themselves and their families. I'll step off the soapbox now and I don't expect others to be in agreement, just my two cents.

It amazes me how many think this is perfectly acceptable and no rights are being violated. Letting the hospitals get prepared at the onset was probably needed, but after that it seems to be a power trip by Governors and others. At this point people need to get on with their lives and be able to work to support themselves and their families. I'll step off the soapbox now and I don't expect others to be in agreement, just my two cents.
.....THREE cents....[inflation, you know.... :rotfl: ]

It amazes me how many think this is perfectly acceptable and no rights are being violated....it seems to be a power trip by Governors...
....I, for one, am NOT a fan of our governor. Arizona has done it correctly, with a common-sense approach.

Health wise we're fine, but I'm heartbroken over the sudden passing of my 44 year old cousin that I babysat so much as a kid that he called me Mommy. I feel so bad for his two kids.
Oh no! I am so very sorry for your loss, @ACDSNY. Sending you virtual hugs and pixie dust!
....my DS flew back to Orlando late this morning.....he said it was kind of nightmarish. They only let 10 passengers at a time off the plane, to be greeted by CDC and the military. They all had to sign a form, providing info like their place of work, their flight # and airline, their phone number, address, and other stuff. If they break the 2-week quarantine, it's a $500 fine and a 60-day jail sentence.

WTH????
Wow! I'm sorry that he went through that.

My BFF is flying to Nebraska from Georgia for a family funeral tomorrow. She's a nurse, so it will be very interesting to hear what her flight is like. My eldest brother had to return to California from Arizona a few weeks back. Two weeks of self quarantine are over, but he is still limited to going out for walks, but not going to the store due to strict stay at home orders for everyone where he is. He says that he's getting a lot of reading done.

The patients are slowly starting to feel better. Thank goodness for grocery delivery services! I offered to drop off (masked and gloved) but they still decline as they don't want me to get it or to give it to DH. At least DS is getting paid for 2 weeks of work. Whew!

Oh no! I am so very sorry for your loss, @ACDSNY. Sending you virtual hugs and pixie dust!

The patients are slowly starting to feel better. Thank goodness for grocery delivery services! I offered to drop off (masked and gloved) but they still decline as they don't want me to get it or to give it to DH. At least DS is getting paid for 2 weeks of work. Whew!

Thanks YoYo, it's still hard for me to wrap my head around him being gone.

That's great your patients are feeling better and your DS is getting paid. I feel so bad for those out of work or small businesses that are closed.

Been MIA since our DD has been hospitalized 37 out of the last 54 days. We've brought her home to live with us so we can hopefully get through this tough time. The hardest part is not being able to be with her in the ER or hospital due to COVID19 when they are explaining procedures and medications. Please keep her in your prayers and good thoughts.🙏😥

Been MIA since our DD has been hospitalized 37 out of the last 54 days. We've brought her home to live with us so we can hopefully get through this tough time. The hardest part is not being able to be with her in the ER or hospital due to COVID19 when they are explaining procedures and medications. Please keep her in your prayers and good thoughts.🙏😥
...oh my goodness....I sincerely hope that everything turns out okay for her...:hug: ....BTW, was it Covid-related? Or something else entirely? I'll understand if you don't feel up to sharing....

...oh my goodness....I sincerely hope that everything turns out okay for her...:hug: ....BTW, was it Covid-related? Or something else entirely? I'll understand if you don't feel up to sharing....
No it's not COVID19 related. She's in liver failure so trying to keep her stabilized until she can get a transplant.

...oh MY! :eek: All my prayers are with you and your family....
Thanks Kimmar it is scary and the last 8 weeks have been a constant rollercoaster. She seems to be a little stronger now than in May, but lab results are still up and down day by day.

Hope everyone is safe!
Tom and I are...our oldest DS and youngest DGD (15) have the virus. It’s been about a month since symptoms first appeared. They’ve had a second test, and it too was negative. They are in FL, and doing what they can to get better.

How are you and yours???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter