Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

Tom and I are...our oldest DS and youngest DGD (15) have the virus. It’s been about a month since symptoms first appeared. They’ve had a second test, and it too was negative. They are in FL, and doing what they can to get better.
That's good to hear they're doing better. It does take 4-6 weeks to really feel like you're over it.

No it's not COVID19 related. She's in liver failure so trying to keep her stabilized until she can get a transplant.

Oh my gosh! I didn't realize she was that severe! I hope she finds a donor.

Tom and I are...our oldest DS and youngest DGD (15) have the virus. It’s been about a month since symptoms first appeared. They’ve had a second test, and it too was negative. They are in FL, and doing what they can to get better.

Thus is awful i hope they get better.

That's good to hear they're doing better. It does take 4-6 weeks to really feel like you're over it.

Do you really feel better or do you still have lingering traits?

Oh my gosh! I didn't realize she was that severe! I hope she finds a donor.

Do you really feel better or do you still have lingering traits?
She still has to get through the next 4 months to get on the list so keep those good thoughts, pixie dust and prayers going.

Yes I really feel better, the fatigue is what lasted a long time.

Been MIA since our DD has been hospitalized 37 out of the last 54 days. We've brought her home to live with us so we can hopefully get through this tough time. The hardest part is not being able to be with her in the ER or hospital due to COVID19 when they are explaining procedures and medications. Please keep her in your prayers and good thoughts.🙏😥

OMG! I will think of you all. Hope that she gets well soon.

Oh no!

I hope they get better and there are no lasting impacts. From what I can read, there is now emerging data about long term health impacts. It must be scary for you and Tom!

How are you and yours???

We are safe and well here. But Melbourne is experiencing a second wave. We are locked down for another 6 weeks. This time, there is definitely community transmission and we've been told we need to wear masks whenever we leave home. It is a mandatory thing starting tomorrow or risk a $200 fine.
We are allowed out of home for food shopping, going to the bank and chemist, care giving and for exercise. If we are caught by the cops, the fine is $1600.

We're on lock down again in CA too. DD is happy to be home since Saturday so keep your fingers crossed she doesn't have to go back any time soon.

Last edited:
I hope they get better and there are no lasting impacts. From what I can read, there is now emerging data about long term health impacts. It must be scary for you and Tom!...
...the wife of my DH's business partner got it back in April. Now she has been experiencing horrific, severe headaches, that she can't even see to drive! Her DH took her to the emergency room at the hospital and they said that basically there is nothing they can do. They are thinking it is lasting effects from the Covid.

...the wife of my DH's business partner got it back in April. Now she has been experiencing horrific, severe headaches, that she can't even see to drive! Her DH took her to the emergency room at the hospital and they said that basically there is nothing they can do. They are thinking it is lasting effects from the Covid.

Ugh, so sorry for her. That's why I'm so afraid of getting it. They literally don't even know enough to know what they don't know about it. We are staying cooped up inside for the most part, only going out for basically necessary stuff.

Oh no. I hope that they get better with time.

Yeah. The emerging information about long term effects of this virus is not good. :(

Our son got the OK to return to work, Grand daughter still with symptoms.

Good news about your son.
Hope she is better now.

I'm OK with the lockdown, we aren't doing anything different than we have since March.

I've cancelled all my plans for August. Finally got money back from the last place this week. At least everyone was willing to give refunds. I really didn't want to take vouchers. :(

We will have to see what next year holds. TBH...I'm not sure I want to travel next year either. Not without a vaccine.

Hi everyone! My DSis, Nancy, has been asking about the meet we had in 2013, so long ago. We are hoping there can be another one, maybe in a couple of years???

Our DGD is doing better, but I am not sure if she’s had a negative test yet.

Nancy has a friend, Beverly, whom she has met from Australia. Beverly was to be in USA, now, and of course that’s not happening. The next trip was planned for May and June. Quantas has returned Beverly’s money. She was told it’s unlikely that she would be traveling then. That’s sad.

Bobbi, glad to hear your DGD is doing better.

I've spent the last week moving out two trips we had booked for 2021 in Europe to Alaska and the Canadian Rockies so we'll be closer to home and easier to cancel if needed.

Last edited:
The closest thing to a trip that I have planned is that we were considering driving up to my parents house at Christmas.

I've spent the last week moving out two trips we had booked for 2021 in Europe to Alaska and the Canadian Rockies so we'll be xloser to home and easier to cancel if needed.
Sounds wonderful! I do have an Alaska trip planned with a friend in 2021.

If we actually get to travel it will be a busy year as Hawii from this summer was moved to January, plus 3 trips we already had booked for the year. I think I still have a timeshare week for October in Hawaii that will more than likely have to move to next year too.

If we actually get to travel it will be a busy year as Hawii from this summer was moved to January, plus 3 trips we already had booked for the year. I think I still have a timeshare week for October in Hawaii that will more than likely have to move to next year too.

I hope you will travel.

We have a week in Kauai booked for March, and i am going to add on a week in Aulani soon. I hope we go. Kauai was booked in January when I never even imagined what was going to happen.

Tom and I like to plan, even if we have to change plans.

I hope you will travel.

We have a week in Kauai booked for March, and i am going to add on a week in Aulani soon. I hope we go. Kauai was booked in January when I never even imagined what was going to happen.

Tom and I like to plan, even if we have to change plans.
I agree we need to plan and keep living as much as possible. I'm trying for Aulani for spring break too, then may move it to June if possible as our grandson and nephew will be promoting to high school next June so maybe a family trip.

Hi everyone! My DSis, Nancy, has been asking about the meet we had in 2013, so long ago. We are hoping there can be another one, maybe in a couple of years???

I'd love to do one. But not right now. Maybe....if/when there is a covid vaccine and there is less chance of getting sick.

Our DGD is doing better, but I am not sure if she’s had a negative test yet.

I hope she's okay!!

Nancy has a friend, Beverly, whom she has met from Australia. Beverly was to be in USA, now, and of course that’s not happening. The next trip was planned for May and June. Quantas has returned Beverly’s money. She was told it’s unlikely that she would be traveling then. That’s sad.

May and June 2021? If so, WOW!

I thought Qantas was only up to providing refunds for October 2020. But I guess they might have not had that many beyond that date.

I've spent the last week moving out two trips we had booked for 2021 in Europe to Alaska and the Canadian Rockies so we'll be closer to home and easier to cancel if needed.

Those trips sounds amazing! Have fun and I hope the travel plans stick.

The closest thing to a trip that I have planned is that we were considering driving up to my parents house at Christmas.

In our current lock down, I can't just go visit my parents unless it's "caregiving". No one is allowed visitors in their houses.

I agree we need to plan and keep living as much as possible. I'm trying for Aulani for spring break too, then may move it to June if possible as our grandson and nephew will be promoting to high school next June so maybe a family trip.

We are definitely living as much as possible. I wish we could plan. But the Australian Government is not allowing anyone out of the country unless there is a specific reason. No vacation type travel allowed. I doubt they will let us out any time soon to countries with high Covid spread.

Heck! My state has the highest Covid spread in Australia. The other states have closed their borders to Victoria. So, there isn't even interstate travel!!

Oh well. Let's see how things look in 6 weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter