Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

In our current lock down, I can't just go visit my parents unless it's "caregiving". No one is allowed visitors in their houses.

Well you guys are doing it right. We haven't had any visitors, although we allowed Naked Jim to come do laundry once, but he came in the back door and we had no interaction.

I have a friend here who keeps wanting to get together and do drinks out by the pool, and that would be fine, except she has posted pictures on FB of her son's "last day on the job party", where 10 or so kids without masks are all in close proximity at her pool. The quote on the post was, "It's OK, they all work together."

And she has had multiple guests stay at her house. Fran and I have six and three risk factors respectively so we're not hanging out with anyone.

There is no rule in CA that says you can't get together, and we would feel safe with my parents as neither of us have engaged in risky behavior.

Well you guys are doing it right. We haven't had any visitors, although we allowed Naked Jim to come do laundry once, but he came in the back door and we had no interaction.

I have a friend here who keeps wanting to get together and do drinks out by the pool, and that would be fine, except she has posted pictures on FB of her son's "last day on the job party", where 10 or so kids without masks are all in close proximity at her pool. The quote on the post was, "It's OK, they all work together."

And she has had multiple guests stay at her house. Fran and I have six and three risk factors respectively so we're not hanging out with anyone.

There is no rule in CA that says you can't get together, and we would feel safe with my parents as neither of us have engaged in risky behavior.
I agree Alison you two definitely don't want to be exposed so keep those masks on when you're out and about to be on the safe side. Those with good health will most likely be fine.

I agree Alison you two definitely don't want to be exposed so keep those masks on when you're out and about to be on the safe side. Those with good health will most likely be fine.

I have a bunch of masks that match my outfits. I need to wash them as I've been wearing them a bit but never more than an hour ar a time at most. The only places I go are the Chiropractor, grocery store, and poat office. Occasionally Lowe's and tenant's apartments for repairs.

I'm so glad to find out that you and Fran are keeping safe.

Yes. We seem to be doing it right. There are just some entitled people in Victoria that think they don't need to mask up or socially distance. We even have had people going to work when they are waiting for results of tests! They should be staying home and self isolating but instead say that they cannot afford to be out of work.

So....today, the Australian Government has announced another Covid payment scheme. For workers that have a medical directive to stay home whilst waiting for Covid test results and if they DON'T have any leave entitlements left. The Government will pay them $1500.
I think this is a good scheme. It means that the vast majority of casual workers will be paid for sick leave. And if they have to stay home, then there is less financial worry for them for the fortnight.

I have a bunch of masks that match my outfits. I need to wash them as I've been wearing them a bit but never more than an hour ar a time at most. The only places I go are the Chiropractor, grocery store, and poat office. Occasionally Lowe's and tenant's apartments for repairs.

From Wednesday, only grocery stores, liquor stores, pharmacies, post offices, gas stations and newsagents are allowed to open. Everything else will need to close.
No gardening services, no hairdressers, no departmental stores. Nothing.

6 weeks minimum.

Yes. We seem to be doing it right. There are just some entitled people in Victoria that think they don't need to mask up or socially distance.

This is Orange County. They don't seem to think they need to do any of this, and that the virus is a hoax.

So....today, the Australian Government has announced another Covid payment scheme.

Ours is still fighting it out. We had one and then it expired at the end of July, one group wants to lower the amount because they think people are making more staying home. Its ridiculous.

From Wednesday, only grocery stores, liquor stores, pharmacies, post offices, gas stations and newsagents are allowed to open. Everything else will need to close.
No gardening services, no hairdressers, no departmental stores. Nothing.

6 weeks minimum.

We are such a mess. Just about everthing is open, you just have to do it outside. All the restaurants are building little patios on the streets in front of their restaurants, or in their parking lots. Nail salons are on the walkways, not sure about hair salons. Its crazy.

This is Orange County. They don't seem to think they need to do any of this, and that the virus is a hoax.

Yup. Conspiracy theorists are here too.

Ours is still fighting it out. We had one and then it expired at the end of July, one group wants to lower the amount because they think people are making more staying home. Its ridiculous.

yes. For the first time in forever, the unemployment benefit is finally at a living wage level. Ours is $550 per fortnight, which works out to be about $40 per day. Some of the lower paid workers in the country that are out of work and staying home are finally about to get ahead of their debts. I personally don't have an issue with the amount that the government is handing out.....yet.

We are such a mess. Just about everthing is open, you just have to do it outside. All the restaurants are building little patios on the streets in front of their restaurants, or in their parking lots. Nail salons are on the walkways, not sure about hair salons. Its crazy.

Outside??? That sounds a little crazy to me.

We still have to maintain the appropriate personal space inside or out. It's close contact for a prolonged period that is the issue.

Day 2 of our Stage 4 lockdown and I'm just going to do nothing. My life has turned into a Seinfeld episode....only, it takes 16 waking hours to fill 30 mins of nothing.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Day 2 of our Stage 4 lockdown and I'm just going to do nothing. My life has turned into a Seinfeld episode....only, it takes 16 waking hours to fill 30 mins of nothing.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Yep that about sums up the day with a few potty breaks for the dogs.:rotfl2:

Actually I at least went to Costco today.

Oh and DD has us watching Maui Divers Pick a Pearl so she can get more pearls.o_O

And she has had multiple guests stay at her house. Fran and I have six and three risk factors respectively so we're not hanging out with anyone....
...why are people so willing to risk the health of those around them? Good for you on that decision - better safe than sorry.

I'm still around too. Currently waiting while DD gets lab work done. She was in the hospital for 17 days in September.

Yay! I've missed you, @usnuzuloose!

@ACDSNY, to hear that your daughter was in hospital. I hope that she's doing better now! Sending you loads and loads of hugs and prayers!

We're muddling through. I fried the motherboard on my laptop on Friday night and just replaced it this morning. I have work piled up, so I'll be busy once I finish getting the new laptop loaded with the necessary software.

Stay safe! Masks on and hands washed, y'all, 'cause I'm still hoping for that Fogies Meetup at the Parks one of these years.

Hello, Fogies! I just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays!

It's going to be a very quiet one -- just me and DH. We'll Zoom or Facetime with family and friends, but no one is coming home or coming over this year.

Stay safe! I'll try to do better at stopping by.

Hello Fogies - Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to you and yours.🎄

Yes this year will be strange as we won't be getting together with my sister's family or neighbors. We currently have both our adult kids and our grandson living here so we're lucky to be all together.

Our daughter has been hospital free since the end of September so we're counting our blessings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!