DIS Unplugged Made Me Do It

True. I think you and I had a different approach to the Expo. You were willing to go to Disneyland when i was determined to spend the entire day at the Expo (besides on Saturday lol). I agree with managing expectations. All of the videos and pre-planning articles I read online did not do any of it justice. Now I know what to expect, and I also know how to handle it better if I go in 2019 (which i really want to).

I agree that we both had a different approach. I also agree that no matter how much planning you do ahead of time, until you get to D23 and experience it, you have no idea what to expect.

I do plan on trying to go in 2019. If possible I will bite the bullet and try and get the Sorceror's pass.

I am looking at possibly going in 2019 as well....

Just start planning now and saving the $. I don't know if anyone knows the impact that SW:GE will have on the cost of hotels in Anaheim that summer. If possible, I highly recommend to become a D23 Gold Member. I believe the current cost is $79 or so a year. The D23 Expo should be able to arrange D23 Gold Member discounts at different hotels. That is what I did this past D23. Also, the D23 Gold Member will have a slightly reduced Expo ticket price.

Just start planning now and saving the $. I don't know if anyone knows the impact that SW:GE will have on the cost of hotels in Anaheim that summer. If possible, I highly recommend to become a D23 Gold Member. I believe the current cost is $79 or so a year. The D23 Expo should be able to arrange D23 Gold Member discounts at different hotels. That is what I did this past D23. Also, the D23 Gold Member will have a slightly reduced Expo ticket price.
I hope they continue the gold member line at presentations as well. That was so much better than getting a stagepass for the arena one day when I didn't realize the gold member line would go in first. So, if you are a gold member and they have the gold member line again, i would only get a stagepass for the smaller halls that don't have the gold member line if there is something you would want to see in there.

Pete once said that the worst thing that could come from overplanning and dragging 15 family members through a park was that you'd end up hating each other and not speaking for years. Challenge accepted so I took my mother-in-law to Disney

Pete once said that the worst thing that could come from overplanning and dragging 15 family members through a park was that you'd end up hating each other and not speaking for years. Challenge accepted so I took my mother-in-law to Disney

Did it work??!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!