Discarded waitlist was granted - help me with OKW?

wrighter

DIS Veteran
At one point in time, we waitlisted for a 2 bedroom at SSR and/or a 2 bedroom at OKW. Thankfully, that waitlist came through and we landed the SSR reservation we were hoping for. At the time, I double checked with Member Services to make sure that the OKW waitlist "disappears" and was assured that yes, this is the process: if one comes through, the other is disregarded.

So we have built all of our plans around our SSR stay. Today, at one week out, I called to double check on our Magical Express reservation, and was told that our reservation is for OKW. Apparently, one week AFTER our SSR reservation came through, the OKW reservation came through and wiped out the SSR reservation. Someone tell me if this is normal? I was never notified through email or any other fashion.

To top it off, we were REALLY looking forward to SSR. We will try not to let it get us down, but with one week left to go we are stuck. I am very concerned about the upgrades/construction going on at OKW. Can anyone fill me in on what it's like there right now? I don't even know what room request to make?

Hoping you all can help us turn this around. Many thanks!

Refurbishments usually only affect a small portion of the resort at any one time, generally two or three buildings. What category is your reservation, either near HH or not? Now remember, that OKW has no elevators, except in 3 buildings 62, 63 and 64. If you have mobility issues or trouble with stairs, be sure to request "first floor unit or elevator building" then make general requests like near a bus stop, near a pool, those sorts of things. There are 4 pools at OKW, and 5 bus stops. If anyone is sleeping in the living part of the unit, I would request a building number of 30 or high, so there are two entrances to the master bathroom, buildings 29 and lower have only one entrance to the master bath...through the master bedroom.

noAre7p.jpg[img]

They are currently working on the end of Millers Road and have set up a temporary bus stop at Bldg 18 since they cannot turn the buses around by 20, 21 and 22. Other than that, you won't hear, feel a thing.

If you want a renovated villa, request Turtle Pond, South Point or Peninsular Road, not Millers Road.

. . . we landed the SSR reservation we were hoping for. At the time, I double checked with Member Services to make sure that the OKW waitlist "disappears" and was assured that yes, this is the process: if one comes through, the other is disregarded.

Apparently, one week AFTER our SSR reservation came through, the OKW reservation came through and wiped out the SSR reservation. Someone tell me if this is normal? I was never notified through email or any other fashion.

That is a real bummer. You need to call member services and scream. Ask them for some type of compensation, because THEY gave you the wrong information when you were specifically checking on it. If they don't know something, then it is their job to find out, and not give bad information.

Taking that into account, I will have to watch in the future and go to the online program to make sure I cancel any extra waitlists.

It used to. And some people didn’t like that in the instance that the waitlist filled but not for the resort they most wanted of the two, So then they had to set up that waitlist again and would go to the bottom of the pile.

I never head of it changing but that sounds like it did.

At the time, I double checked with Member Services to make sure that the OKW waitlist "disappears" and was assured that yes, this is the process: if one comes through, the other is disregarded.

Did you actually cancel the second waitlist? If not, did the CM know you hadn’t cancelled it?

Hmm. I looked it up, and on the Dvcmember site FAQs it says “All other Waitlist requests or previously confirmed reservations for comparable dates will be canceled when a Waitlist request is confirmed.”

Interesting.

Did you actually cancel the second waitlist? If not, did the CM know you hadn’t cancelled it?

Hmm. I looked it up, and on the Dvcmember site FAQs it says “All other Waitlist requests or previously confirmed reservations for comparable dates will be canceled when a Waitlist request is confirmed.”

Interesting.

Yes. I would definitely scream at Member Services and ask for some type of compensation.

At one point in time, we waitlisted for a 2 bedroom at SSR and/or a 2 bedroom at OKW. Thankfully, that waitlist came through and we landed the SSR reservation we were hoping for. At the time, I double checked with Member Services to make sure that the OKW waitlist "disappears" and was assured that yes, this is the process: if one comes through, the other is disregarded.

So we have built all of our plans around our SSR stay. Today, at one week out, I called to double check on our Magical Express reservation, and was told that our reservation is for OKW. Apparently, one week AFTER our SSR reservation came through, the OKW reservation came through and wiped out the SSR reservation. Someone tell me if this is normal? I was never notified through email or any other fashion.

To top it off, we were REALLY looking forward to SSR. We will try not to let it get us down, but with one week left to go we are stuck. I am very concerned about the upgrades/construction going on at OKW. Can anyone fill me in on what it's like there right now? I don't even know what room request to make?

Hoping you all can help us turn this around. Many thanks!

About OKW - I've stayed there during the last big renovation and what's nice is that with it being stand alone buildings they just close off the area they are working on. Other than driving past and seeing construction items I wouldn't have known anything was going on at all and I doubt you'll be affected at all. And the nice thing is that the resorts are close together so if you had planned dining and such at DS it's still easy to get there.

And I didn't mention previously but it's not uncommon to not get an email confirmation when a waitlist fills - at least in my experience it's actually rare. It's a manual process to finalize the booking change and the CM has to select to have the email sent. If they don't then you won't see a thing. If I have a waitlist I'll check my account periodically to see if it matched. I suspect the canceling of waitlists for the same dates is probably a manual process too and supposed to be done by the CM finalizing it. If so then there's going to be chances it is left.

That is definitely not normal.
I had two waitlists going and one filled a few weeks ago. It was our preferred option.

I checked online and the other waitlist was gone. When I called to add a room request, I also double checked to make sure we did not still have the other active waitlist going. It was deleted when the first was filled.

This should not have happened. As they said, your first waitlist should be filled and then the other deleted when it is filled. I would definitely call to tell them this happened and find out why.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter