Discount changes mid-trip

Teamjame

Earning My Ears
Looking at staying 6/30-7/13 this summer. The room only discounts switch on 7/8. From 6/30-7/7, there's the "save up to $500 on 5 nights" deal, then it switches over to the Disney+ subscriber discount (which we are) from 7/8-7/13. But it appears that if I book one long stay spanning that 7/7 date, it won't apply both discounts. So... if I book two separate reservations, we run the risk of having to switch rooms, which is not ideal in the middle of a 2-week stay. Before I call Disney and wait on hold, do you know if there is a way for the cast member to apply two separate discounts to the same reservation, or will we need two separate reservations?

Usually discounts apply to a contiguous stay beginning on or later than the first day a particular discount applies and to stays beginning not later than the last “check-in” day applicable to a discount. Similarly, a discount cannot be applied if it starts a day (or later) after check-in.

Usually, only one discount per reservation is permitted if the check-in day has two available promos.

Your choices are probably to use the first discount for your entire stay or to have two separate reservations. If ticket purchases are required, you would need a separate ticket purchase for each package.

Usually discounts apply to a contiguous stay beginning on or later than the first day a particular discount applies and to stays beginning not later than the last “check-in” day applicable to a discount. Similarly, a discount cannot be applied if it starts a day (or later) after check-in.

Usually, only one discount per reservation is permitted if the check-in day has two available promos.

Your choices are probably to use the first discount for your entire stay or to have two separate reservations. If ticket purchases are required, you would need a separate ticket purchase for each package.

This is a bit misleading. The room discounts only apply to included dates. They do not extend past those dates, no matter how long the reservation is for. The only discounts that previously extended past the last included date were certain package discounts, like free dining. The current discounts are room discounts, even if you add tickets to make it a package. So the OP can’t use the first discount for the whole stay.

OP, your best option is to try to get the same resort & room category for each discount. You can then call & have both noted as “continuing“ reservations. That lets the room assigner know you are staying after the first checkout date. They will of course try to keep you in the same room. The resort will not want to clean your room for someone else & give you a clean one if they don’t have to. Housekeepers have enough to do without turning over rooms unnecessarily. When you arrive at the resort, stop at the front desk & discuss the continuing reservation & confirm if you’ll be staying in the same room. We have done this several times & have never had to move rooms. The important thing is to get the exact same room category for both reservations. Example: If you book a waterview for your first week & a standard for your second, you will likely have to move. If you have waterview for both, you should be fine.

Last edited:

I’ve had 2 separate but consecutive reservations (added on and was not able to change original reservation) twice now. Both times, I’ve gone to the front desk at check in and explained the situation. They had to ‘check us out’ at the end of the 1st res, and then check us back in (aka - we received 2 bills: 1 at the end of the first res, 1 at the end of the 2nd) - but we did not need to change rooms. I think you should be fine if you talk to someone at check in 😃
As for tickets - buy your tickets on the first package. If your first res is 5 nights, you should be able to purchase a 6 day ticket (useable over an 8 day span). Hope that makes sense! I’m not sure if they’d let you add on days once you are in the park, but that might also be an option.

Or just buy tickets separately, they don’t have to be purchased as part of a package. You can buy them separately from the room thru Disney or get them thru a discount ticket broker. Only thing with that is you own them & they’re not cancelled if you need to cancel the trip.

I’ve had 2 separate but consecutive reservations (added on and was not able to change original reservation) twice now. Both times, I’ve gone to the front desk at check in and explained the situation. They had to ‘check us out’ at the end of the 1st res, and then check us back in (aka - we received 2 bills: 1 at the end of the first res, 1 at the end of the 2nd) - but we did not need to change rooms. I think you should be fine if you talk to someone at check in 😃
As for tickets - buy your tickets on the first package. If your first res is 5 nights, you should be able to purchase a 6 day ticket (useable over an 8 day span). Hope that makes sense! I’m not sure if they’d let you add on days once you are in the park, but that might also be an option.
I agree!

We've had this happen a few times. Once when I'd booked two different rooms (it was in the height of COVID and they definitely didn't want to clean extra rooms, so they continued my reservation and moved us), but other times I've added a day or two to the trip and had to book them separately. Or another time I think I may have even added a night through a third party because Disney's system wasn't showing any availability and they kept us in the same room.

Sometimes I've had to physically go to the front desk, other times, CMs said the "checking out/in" would be taken care of for me. I also think you'll be fine :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter