• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

discount codes, disney club discounts

itsbeenawhile

Earning My Ears
My family will be going to PO/Riverside in Oct 2002. I'm a little confused -- HELP, please!!! If I join the Disney Club and book "room only" through CRO, will I get a discount? Or do I need to do a package? Also, if I get a discount with the Disney Club, can I eventually get another discount with the discount codes from listed on mousesavers? thanks in advance.

off site - 9/91
ft wilderness cabin & po 9/92
dxl 6/95 :confused:

Been a member of DC for a long time and always used their rates but just today after finding out about AP rates and code through this web site I called CRO direct and gave them the code listed and booked a room at the Polynesian for 179. a nite for December. Thats 199.00 a nite with tax and through the DC my price at valu season was 289.00 a nite. on a 10 day trip I've saved 890.00. Been to WDW over 20 times but never stayed at the Polynesian because of the high price but with these discounts I couldn't pass on the deal. It pays to surf the Disney Net.

A little refresher course:

Disney Club discounts are only available through the Walt Disney Travel Company in package form. There is a package offered that is "room-only" and it is called the Basic Plan. You can get the DC discount on this (or any of the others) package. As always, discounts are limited.

The "code" discounts or Annual Pass Holder (AP) discounts are booked through Central Reservations. These are true room-only reservations.

If you book a Basic Plan package with Disney Club discounts and then find a better room rate with a code or other discount-type, you have to cancel the package and rebook with Central Reservations. You are not able to transfer your deposit from one place to the other. Your first deposit will be refunded.

You are not able to use the "code" discounts or Annual Pass Holder discounts with a package booked through the WDTC. Usually the only discounts available on packages are Disney Club and AAA. Disney has offered other discounts this year to boost occupancy. In fact, they are offering a special package now on their website for travel between 7/15 and 8/25.

I hope this is helpful!

I've always booked room only cause the packages have more stuff than we care to do. This way I plan our stay day by day and know where we'll be and where we'll eat, never came home with any tickets unused or things paid for and not done. After 20 visits you would think these trips would be less hecktic since we have done it all but the only things that change are the lengths of stay.

the packages are typically more expensive that if you purchased everything yourself. also, you're forced to buy a length-of-stay ultimate parkhopper ticket that is quite a bit more expensive than a regular ticket, especially if you don't intend to use it absolutely every day for major park admission.

also, you can get much better discounts on "room only" reservations by using codes found on http://www.mousesavers.com/

Thank you especially Kaa - I never found complete enough info to decipher what was the best way to save!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter