Discount on Monorail resorts

yaya74

DIS Veteran
Do monorail resorts usually get less discount than Epcot resorts and AKL?

I am studying the current promotion for stay until mid June and noticing that while Epcot resorts get about 20% off, monorail resorts only get 10% off. Wonder if that’s the norm. My trip is not until August and I’m hoping that I can snatch a room at Poly or CR once new promotion becomes available :wizard:pixiedust:

Do monorail resorts usually get less discount than Epcot resorts and AKL?

I am studying the current promotion for stay until mid June and noticing that while Epcot resorts get about 20% off, monorail resorts only get 10% off. Wonder if that’s the norm. My trip is not until August and I’m hoping that I can snatch a room at Poly or CR once new promotion becomes available :wizard:pixiedust:
Usually, the discounts for the Poly and CR are less than GF in my experience...

And if I were you and looking for a room at the Poly, I'd book my trip now and then apply the discount if it happens later. Back in Nov I went to book a room at the Poly for the following Nov (2018) and standard and lagoon view were already gone. We managed to get one of the last 2 pool/marina view rooms available, and it only goes up from there in terms of cost. I don't know how the rest of the year is going for that hotel, but thought I'd put out a tip.

And if I were you and looking for a room at the Poly, I'd book my trip now and then apply the discount if it happens later. Back in Nov I went to book a room at the Poly for the following Nov (2018) and standard and lagoon view were already gone. We managed to get one of the last 2 pool/marina view rooms available, and it only goes up from there in terms of cost. I don't know how the rest of the year is going for that hotel, but thought I'd put out a tip.

There are ways to get other rooms. I booked a standard room through a TA in December (for the following October).

The resorts they know they have no problem filling always seem to have a lower discount or none at all, hence why the LM rooms and POR and POFQ have been excluded from FD in the past

What is the cheapest time of year to stay at a monorail resort? We've got no kids in our group, so we can be fairly flexible to visit any month.
It's my dream to stay in one (for at least part of a vacation), and I think it might be time to do so before Star Wars opens and WDW occupancy rates go (further) through the roof.

I've been watching the prices for a while now, and it seems most discounted rooms are still at least $380+ per night for limited views, and really usually in the $400s. Is that pretty much the best going rate, or is there a chance of improving on that price? I'm willing to give it a try for a couple of nights, but just want to figure out when I should pull the trigger. Thanks!

What is the cheapest time of year to stay at a monorail resort? We've got no kids in our group, so we can be fairly flexible to visit any month.
It's my dream to stay in one (for at least part of a vacation), and I think it might be time to do so before Star Wars opens and WDW occupancy rates go (further) through the roof.

I've been watching the prices for a while now, and it seems most discounted rooms are still at least $380+ per night for limited views, and really usually in the $400s. Is that pretty much the best going rate, or is there a chance of improving on that price? I'm willing to give it a try for a couple of nights, but just want to figure out when I should pull the trigger. Thanks!
1. One of the cheapest times of year for deluxe resorts is midsummer (July/August), particularly in combination with a room-only discount.
2. Always seek a resort discount; most days of the year will eventually be discounted.
3. Certain travel agencies offer agency exclusive discounts that are much better than what Disney offers.

Last edited:

Agree with the PP. The lowest rate times are generally second week of July-early Sept and few date ranges in Jan/early Feb. I love July mainly for the lower (note, not low) room rates compared to other times of the year - can stretch my vacation dollars a bit.

Although @bryanb, I should probably layer in the general public discount into my comment above. This summer, it’s pretty crappy at CR, Poly at 15%. GF has a bit more respectable 25%.

And Poly’s AP discount is the same as the general public rate - blah!

Sorry, that’s been bugging me. :mic:

Mousesavers has the rack rates for 2018 listed, by resort, every room view/category. (Note that their prices include tax, while Disney's site doesn't until you go to the cart.) They also show the season (? rate level??) - like "value 2" or "summer" and when those dates are covered. Just google mousesavers rack rate 2018 and you'll find it. HTH.
It's easy to see the cheapest time to go, by resort (the deluxe resorts' lowest rates aren't the exact same as those for value/mods.)

I would definitely echo the better rates in late summer. I do have a discount, but we are at GF for $300/night at the end of August. :cloud9:

I would definitely echo the better rates in late summer. I do have a discount, but we are at GF for $300/night at the end of August. :cloud9:

Thanks! $300 does feel much lower than typical, and as good of a price as one can get for GF (short of being a cast member). I'll be at the All-Star Sports next month, so I'll see if they offer any bouncebacks. But it sounds like late August will be my best bet (a mix of lower crowds and hopefully lower deluxe rates).

It's funny to say it's a deal, because I've never paid $300+ for a hotel room anywhere, including New York or London. But I guess this is the going rate!

Depends on the time of the year. I'd say that monorail Resorts are more popular during the hot summer months when folks want to quickly go back to their room to rest. Whereas during F&W Epcot resorts are more popular... It all depends on demand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!