Discounts for July 2018?

Last year a dining offer was issued for the summer on 12/28 and the room discounts on 3/27. I am going to be watching now, can this be the official watch thread?

Things are tentative right now, but we're looking at 7/4-7/9. We don't really want to go over the Fourth due to heat and crowds, but with a college daughter with a summer semester and a super busy HS junior, this time period causes the least havoc with schedules.

Last year a dining offer was issued for the summer on 12/28 and the room discounts on 3/27. I am going to be watching now, can this be the official watch thread?

Things are tentative right now, but we're looking at 7/4-7/9. We don't really want to go over the Fourth due to heat and crowds, but with a college daughter with a summer semester and a super busy HS junior, this time period causes the least havoc with schedules.
I did read that the 4th of July week was less crowded last year, actually most of July. So I hope it is the same this coming year. Do you know what dates were listed for the dining offer last year?

I did read that the 4th of July week was less crowded last year, actually most of July. So I hope it is the same this coming year. Do you know what dates were listed for the dining offer last year?

5/30/17-8/24/17 discounted package deal (Summer Meal – 1 free quick service meal/night) for general public 12/28/16, exp 2/12/17

I do know that summers have been lighter lately. We last went mid-June 2016 and it wasn't bad.

We are thinking of heading down 7/29-8/5 and hoping for a discount. Thinking of staying at FQ. If the lighter crowds holds true for July, I'll gladly change my dates to mid-July. Of course with Toy Story Land opening in 2018, the crowds will probably be crazy. We haven't been since 2015 so there are lots of things that are new we want to check out.

We will be getting off a cruise on July 26th and looking into going to Disney for two days 26-28. Right now my price is ~1400.00 for 4 adults staying at Coronado. I hope I can get a little better price.

We're also hoping for a discount code for July. Beach Club is our top choice, but we'd need the price to come down a bit before we can justify it.

We're also hoping for a discount code for July. Beach Club is our top choice, but we'd need the price to come down a bit before we can justify it.

Watching this thread for July discount, hope to see you there, lol, Beach Club is our favorite also!

Watching this thread too and keeping my fingers crossed for a good deal so we can book two rooms at CBR or at least Pop again. We know it will be hot and crowded but this won’t be our first or last WDW rodeo; and between dance recitals, dance practices, band camp, and football practices/football season, the particular week we are planning in July is the only week we can go in the summer. I remember the summer meal deal from last year; but I’m hoping for something a little more substantial since summer rates are higher than the time periods we’ve gone before.

A little nervous for end of July crowds, our usual time is the end of August. Dang college schedules now get in the way! Oh well, we'll make it work!

I did get a decent discount for the end of July/ beginning of August through our TA.

To gemini2727
We havent been the end of July but have been the end of June and mid August. Just make a plan. Arriving at rope drop is a good idea even though we didn't every time. Crowds starting building up around 10:00 or 10:30 so you can get a lot done before that, then start fast pass times. We found out if you keep refreshing over and over the MDE for FP one will pop up for the ride you want for the 4th FP ect.. We make dining reservations about midday to get a break from the heat and crowds to refresh us. Or we go back to the resort for awhile. We never wait in line for more then 20 minutes, if the waits are longer then that we skip it or search for a FP.

To gemini2727
We havent been the end of July but have been the end of June and mid August. Just make a plan. Arriving at rope drop is a good idea even though we didn't every time. Crowds starting building up around 10:00 or 10:30 so you can get a lot done before that, then start fast pass times. We found out if you keep refreshing over and over the MDE for FP one will pop up for the ride you want for the 4th FP ect.. We make dining reservations about midday to get a break from the heat and crowds to refresh us. Or we go back to the resort for awhile. We never wait in line for more then 20 minutes, if the waits are longer then that we skip it or search for a FP.

Thanks for this! We'll definitely need a plan, and don't mind an early start, so I'm hopeful.
Good to know about the Fps. Luckily my kids are older and won't be devastated if they miss any certain ride, and don't need to meet any characters, they're just as happy to hang out at the pool!

Thanks for this! We'll definitely need a plan, and don't mind an early start, so I'm hopeful.
Good to know about the Fps. Luckily my kids are older and won't be devastated if they miss any certain ride, and don't need to meet any characters, they're just as happy to hang out at the pool!
Also if a park is open past 11:00 people begin to leave about that time so crowds drop. The only ones that were open late last year were AK and MK

Also if a park is open past 11:00 people begin to leave about that time so crowds drop. The only ones that were open late last year were AK and MK

We've never stayed late at a park, in all of out trips. I'd like to try it though, now that they're older. Just no early morning the next day, I do't think I could manage that!

We usually go in July due to school schedules. Last year, the crowds were not bad as we are rope drop people and use fast passes strategically. However, we did run into a few problems with the tour groups from South America when their whole group had fast passes at the same time as we did in Animal Kingdom. It was rough.

We will be back again this year so we are hoping for a nice discount!!

We are also hoping for a discount for 3rd week in July. Just wondering when Disney Visa offers discount codes? We would like to stay at AKL.

I got an e-mail from or TA this morning that the Summer Meal Deal was released and she applied it to our reservation for the end of June. I don't have the specific details of the deal -- I know it's one QS meal per night per guest, but I don't know the dates to share with everyone. It's obviously good through late June, though. :)

ETA: Found the details. Book by Feb. 11 for travel May 29- August 25. Requires room & tickets. Not available at campsites or LM rooms.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts