Discovery Cove and bad weather

florida99

Earning My Ears
What if it is raining the day you are supposed to go to Discovery Cove? Will things still be open and can you get a refund?

Curious myself...I see the policy for hurricanes, but nothing about all day rain or thunderstorms. Common sense tells me they wouldn't be able to allow people in the water if there are lightening strikes within a certain distance...but then what happens if it's all day rain or back to back thunderstorms??? Is it...too bad - so sad...sucks to be you?

DC opens even if it is raining. The only time I have seen them close is if a hurricane was actually close by. Luckily Orlando does not seem to have all day storms for the most part, so rarely would it rain all day.

They also open if it is cool in the area.

They will pull everyone out of the water if it starts to lightening but again it rarely does that all day. They will delay your dolphin swim until it clears.

Ask them their official policy, but it used to be that you could make one change free of charge, so just check if another day is open during your trip and then re-book day of. This makes it a good reason to book this park for earlier in your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter