Discovery Cove Cabana

Pluto80

DIS Veteran
Considering a cabana next year for our family of 4. Would only do the least expensive option. Just wondering what people's experiences of them have been.

I love the cabanas at Discovery Cove. We have gotten one twice and wouldn't go without it. We requested ours on the island with the aviary. It was right on the lazy river with a nice view. We enjoyed the locker that comes with it and it is nice to have drinks and snacks right there. The hammock was nice as my DD didn't feel good for a bit.

Sorry the pics are sideways!!

Attachments

• 20190626_131216.jpg
    20190626_131216.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 20190626_131232.jpg
    20190626_131232.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 42
  • 20190626_131315.jpg
    20190626_131315.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 42
  • 20190626_131605.jpg
    20190626_131605.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 44
I've never had a cabana because they just don't fit into our vacation budget but I've never heard anyone say they regretted their decision to get a Cabana at Discovery Cove. The Lodge Guys have videos of having a cabana with a good view of the dolphin interactions. Those videos have gotten me the closest to thinking about working overtime to put aside a cabana fund.

Been to DC a couple of times and never felt I was missing something with no cabana. And I'd go beyond to say given we were in the water ALL the time 'cept when eating or playing with birds that if I HAD spent $$ for a cabana I'd have felt the need to use it and that would have been time away from 'the attractions' ,,,,,

But that's ME ..... I can spend ALL DAY in the reef snorkel pool and be a happy clam. Finding some chairs to park our stuff has NEVER been an issue.

Aquatica ... yep, I like a cabana ..... DC ... does not seem as important.

@ AQ (b4 COVID) you had to search for a chair and then 'defend your claim' .... a cabana solves that problem ..... never an issue at DC IME. DC was never crowded B4 COV' restrictions. I'm tempted to go now just cuz it must be even MORE empty/accessible . . . .

Last edited:

We've done cabana and no cabana at DC and always go for cabana now. We like having an area that is more "our space" where we can change in and out of vests/wetsuits, relax with a bit more privacy, and come and go throughout the day in various configurations (2 parents + 3 kids). I agree that it's not as critical as having one at Aquatica, but it enhances our day enough to be worth it.

The last couple of times, we've had one overlooking the great reef. This was perfect for us, as I could keep an eye on the 10 year old from my chair to get a bit more rest time for dad.

I've never had a cabana because they just don't fit into our vacation budget but I've never heard anyone say they regretted their decision to get a Cabana at Discovery Cove. The Lodge Guys have videos of having a cabana with a good view of the dolphin interactions. Those videos have gotten me the closest to thinking about working overtime to put aside a cabana fund.
It was that video that made us consider it 😆

We booked a cabana for our trip this past July, and we have one booked for our trip next month. The cabana was worth the money in our opinion. Stocked beverages and snacks. Towel service. Plus a place to wait out the storm that closed the water for over an hour. Just having a dedicated spot that was ours was nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter