Discovery Cove in March and cabana rental

cbug10@220

Earning My Ears
Had to reschedule our trip from September to March due to hurricane Irma. Any info on temps there in mid March? Is a cabana even worth it for two adults? Is there amble seating/lounging around the park otherwise. If it's cool, we ,ignite actually want to be in the sun. Any advice is greatl appreciated. Really want this trip to be memorable.

Had to reschedule our trip from September to March due to hurricane Irma. Any info on temps there in mid March? Is a cabana even worth it for two adults? Is there amble seating/lounging around the park otherwise. If it's cool, we ,ignite actually want to be in the sun. Any advice is greatl appreciated. Really want this trip to be memorable.

I can't comment on temperatures or crowds in mid-March but when we have visited in April and May, I have found there to be sufficient seating around the park to suit our needs. While we do try to have a cabana at Aquatica, I don't know that the cost at Discovery Cove would be worth it. Would be a nice splurge though!! :)

We're doing DC in the first week of March next year and expect the temps to be around 25/26 which is roughly the same as when we went last November, certainly warm enough.

Hubby and I did not rent a cabana and didn't regret it. We never had trouble finding a spot to sit and really didn't spend much time out of the water. If it's chilly, don't forget you can ask for the full wet suits. Enjoy it! It's a wonderful park!

Hi here is a link to my DC trip report with pictures. https://www.disboards.com/threads/awesome-day-at-dc-trip-report-with-pics.3646195/

We did get the cabana and we were so glad that we did. It was an overcast day and a little cooler for July. It did end up light rain throughout the day so it was nice to have the cabana to go to to get dry a bit. The cabana waitress was great and made it easy. We enjoyed being able to have our stuff in the locker right there. I agree there is plenty of seating so you don't need to do it for that reason. Enjoy your trip!:)

There is ample seating throughout for guests, and remember they severely limit the number of people allowed in. We have been about 6 times and we RARELY are in our seats. We are snorkeling, floating, sitting in the water seats by the bar, dining, snacking, visiting with critters or birds ..... I would guess we are in our lounges about one hour the entire day. Cabana would be great if you had a group, small children that needed shade and containment, medical reasons to insure lots of shade.

Temps will be no problem. Our last trip was December and I was afraid about that because all other trips were in warm weather. I had asked once in summer and they told me it's actually better because the water where fish are is cold. In summer it feels very cold, which I agree because it would take forever for me to creep in and stay in. But cooler air makes transition easier. In December is was so much better, I walked right in and out, snorkeled forever and until my camera batteries died and would never hesitate to go the cooler times of year.

Although March in FL is not really that cool so I wouldn't worry about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter