DISers Love Broadway!

Oh man, sorry to hear you were affected as well! Our January date was the 16th. 😪Definitely thankful it’s on Disney + for now!😅

Our January date was also the 16th! We were going to the 2 PM matinee. I will keep trying when we can purchase tickets again. I am hopeful I will eventually get to see Hamilton in person. And yes, happy it is on Disney+ so I can watch it there with the original cast. Just so want to see in person!

It was also great because my husband was a total nay-sayer about the show, refusing to see it because "nothing is that good" finally watched it and agreed that it was jaw dropping, ground breaking, and every bit lived up to the hype.

I think it was this comment or something similar on the speculation thread that finally got me to go ahead and watch it. I've been hearing from practically everyone I know how great this musical is and when they tell me about it and I've listened to the music oh my I truly thought it was the absolute worst I ever heard! I was nearly 100% positive I was going to be cringing all the way through and I was honestly thinking the most enjoyment I would get out of it was more material to complain to my family about how ridiculously bad it was. By the time I was 15 minutes in I had laughed and cried and was on the edge of my seat wishing I was seeing it live in person wanting to cheer and applaud, I had chills of excitement, I couldn't believe how much I was enjoying it! I texted my oldest to tell her how much I was loving it and she thought I was punking her. She loves all musical theater as does my whole family and her and her sister performed in many musical stage performances themselves and yet both of them also had zero desire to see this one. I ended up grabbing my other daughter to watch it with me, I was asking my oldest if I should wait to finish it with her but she still didn't believe me. Afterwards I was playing the soundtrack and enjoying it and my husband was complaining about how awful the music was but when my oldest came over just for the history element my husband agreed to watch while playing a computer game... first song on and his game was paused and stayed that way the whole time. I mean I'm just in shock how much I loved this... even watching a second time there were so many more details I didn't even notice the first time I just keep becoming more and more impressed with it. It truly is a work of art.

It IS something that really broke a lot of ground into a brought people together from all different walks of life--hence it's appeal to the masses. As a musical, it still doesn't hit my own top 5, but I loved Hamilton and streamed it multiple times since July 3.

Hamilton was a college kid. So young and scrappy! Imagine through that lens how we are today. -- yes, very powerful musical -- up there with Rent

It IS something that really broke a lot of ground into a brought people together from all different walks of life--hence it's appeal to the masses. As a musical, it still doesn't hit my own top 5, but I loved Hamilton and streamed it multiple times since July 3.

Hamilton was a college kid. So young and scrappy! Imagine through that lens how we are today. -- yes, very powerful musical -- up there with Rent
I was surprised at how young Hamilton was and looked up how old a bunch of them were in 1776. Some of the surprises:

Marquis de Lafayette - 18
James Monroe - 18
Aaron Burr - 20
John Marshall - 20
Alexander Hamilton - 21
John Laurens - 21

Our entire country was founded and fought for in large part by kids who, if they lived today, couldn’t walk inside a bar. Imagine that. These days, we’re just happy if we can keep our 18 to 21 years olds from eating laundry detergent!

I was surprised at how young Hamilton was and looked up how old a bunch of them were in 1776. Some of the surprises:

Marquis de Lafayette - 18
James Monroe - 18
Aaron Burr - 20
John Marshall - 20
Alexander Hamilton - 21
John Laurens - 21

Our entire country was founded and fought for in large part by kids who, if they lived today, couldn’t walk inside a bar. Imagine that. These days, we’re just happy if we can keep our 18 to 21 years olds from eating laundry detergent!

This is where the legacy of Hamilton sits with me and remains relevant as Miranda pointed out in one of the docs.

Youth cannot and should not be dismissed, nor their points of view.

I think our current day politics forgets too often that our Country was founded by youth and compromise despite differences.

Only matter of time that Lopez get his Legends. They may make him wait until he's a triple EGOT probably though ;)
Hope we get to be there at the ceremony (dreaming of when life gets back to normal...). We got to see him at Destination D the last time it was held at the DLH.

Hope we get to be there at the ceremony (dreaming of when life gets back to normal...). We got to see him at Destination D the last time it was held at the DLH.
Was fortunate enough to land D23 signing with the Lopez's last year and got our Book of Mormon and Frozen 1 pianobooks signed!!! One thing I forgot at the hotel -- my Wonder Pets Duck. :D

They are such a humble couple.

Here's an interview that Kristen did with Alan - really enjoyed it.

Reactions: EmJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter