Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Have mine in my OL

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other (Post the details)

Votes: 8 9.8%

• Total voters

com_op_2000

DVC Member since '93; One Hour from WDW
Ok, so I have been thinking about making my own thread concerning this and another thread finally pushed me to posting these questions:
How many wash the dishes before they check-out of the room? We do,
How many wash the dishes before first using them in the room? We do.
Does anyone know if mousekeeping duties include washing the dishes?
If everyone washes the dishes before using, when they leave the room, and mousekeeping then washes the dishes; these must be some of the cleanest in world.

We wash the kitchenware checking in and out, we collect the towels checking out, wipe down the room and clean the jetted tub when checking in.

IMO the housekeepers don't usually use the dishwashers, takes too much time.

:earsboy: Bill

We don't wash the dishes before using them but do wash them after using them. Sometimes early enough to out them away, sometimes we turn the dish washer on as we leave the room the final time.

We don't wash them before using them. Though I do a visual inspection to make sure there are no particles attached. :scared:
If we run out of dishes during our stay, we will wash them. Otherwise, we put everything in the dishwasher and turn it on before we leave.

As we use dishes/glassware, we visually check them and usually rinse them before using. When the dishwasher is full, I run it and I also put it on right before we leave.

Wash before using them. Leave them in the sink at check-out. Is that inappropriate? I assumed housekeeping would put them in the dishwasher. Note that it's usually no more than 2 plates and 2 glasses and some silverware.

Put us in the visual inspection/no initial washing camp. I'm sure we'll get some dirty dishes at some point, but so far (27 trips) we haven't had an issue with dirty dishes/silverware.

Mousekeeping does the dishes, at least some times. Our dishwasher was still going when we got into our 2 bedroom at BWV in May :)

We wash the dishes before using them and always turn the dishwasher on when we leave!

I don't think Mousekeepers have time to put all of the dishes in the cupboard into the dishwasher in between guests. I inspect the dishes when we check in. Usually they are fine. On one trip, the top few plates were greasy so I figured if the plates were dirty, so was everything else so I washed everything we were going to use during our stay. Fortunately that only happened once.

On our last morning, I start the dishwasher as we're leaving the room.

I've never washed the dishes before using them, but I do check them. We clean up all our dishes and run the dish washer before leaving.

Mousekeeping does the dishes, at least some times. Our dishwasher was still going when we got into our 2 bedroom at BWV in May :)

We wash the dishes before using them and always turn the dishwasher on when we leave!

It may be from housekeeping or the dishwasher may still be running from the previous guest starting it when they left the room.

Wash before using them. Leave them in the sink at check-out. Is that inappropriate? I assumed housekeeping would put them in the dishwasher. Note that it's usually no more than 2 plates and 2 glasses and some silverware.

That will cause a check-in delay for the next guest if housekeeping starts the dishwasher when they get to your room. Better would be that you run the dishwasher when you are done with the dishes. Housekeeping may even skip the dishwasher and wash the dishes by hand. We assume that they know how to use the dishwasher.

I do a visual, and will usually rinse glassware and silverware because I don't like spots :sad2:. I asked the ladies one year and they said not to turn the dishwasher on so we don't anymore.

We usually wash every day (normally cook breakfast), including starting the dishwasher as we leave on the last morning. I don't believe we've ever washed when we checked in.

We don't wash before we use, but we inspect them. We usually start the dishwasher when we are checking out.

We always run all the dishes we anticipate using during our trip in the dishwasher upon arrival. Then, we load all our dirty dishes and run it again when we check out.

Okay, please be nice when answering this -

How do you run the dishwasher? Any special way to close it, what do you push, where does the detergent go, etc.

When I lived at home, Mom ran the dishwasher. And once I moved out, I've never lived anywhere which had a dishwasher.

I don't want to screw it up and cause a problem, like getting water all over the floor, which will be cause a delay for the next guest getting in the room.

(Before you tell me how stupid this is, keep in mind that when I was staying at BWV a few years ago, the washer in my room was broken. Maintenance said that people didn't know that once you started a load of laundry, you weren't supposed to lift the lid until the load was done. People were jamming it open and breaking it. I don't know why they don't have instructions in the DVC rooms.)

I assume that anything in the shelves in clean enough to eat/drink off of. We eat breakfast in every day, and probably have one or two dinners in during a week-long stay. So, I end up running the dishwasher maybe twice during the week, and will start it right before leaving with anything we've used.

We don't wash the dishes when arriving, but I do take a look at them before using them. On the day of departure we put any dirty dishes in the dishwasher as well as the coffee pot and start it running. I don't take dishes out of the cupboard though.

I assume that anything in the shelves in clean enough to eat/drink off of. We eat breakfast in every day, and probably have one or two dinners in during a week-long stay. So, I end up running the dishwasher maybe twice during the week, and will start it right before leaving with anything we've used.

You know what happens when you assume. 8-)

I'm more worried about the things that you can't see that could make you sick or kill you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!