Disingenuous Disney Rep

Thanks! Unfortunately I do not have enough points in my account to book my trip, but I will be able to borrow them at time of travel. I was told I could call and MS can book for you. I just looked online at the availability so I have an idea where we want to stay.
Just as I picked up the phone I figured I would try to book online. And it looks like I can borrow from 2019 online. The guide was wrong! Thank you!

Thank you! He replied twice after we first spoke but then it has been radio silence.
As I understand it, they are not supposed to conduct sales business by email though some do. I'm sure DVD will not worry too much about it unless they cross over the line where it creates a problem. I'd call back and speak with him or if he's not available, a supervisor. 3 Days isn't a long time in this world but you don't have much time in your present situation. You may want to consider asking for a different guide if this still flows poorly but I'd wait until after this issues is settled.

Is this true? They can break up a larger contract and sell it off? If so can they also change the use year?
As noted, yes and the option to do so in written in to the POS.

Thanks! Unfortunately I do not have enough points in my account to book my trip, but I will be able to borrow them at time of travel. I was told I could call and MS can book for you. I just looked online at the availability so I have an idea where we want to stay.

You can bank and borrow points online, you can add the DDP and DME online. You can cancel a reservation online and pay your dues and monitor your account online. Plus you can book online 1 hour prior to MS opening at 8:00 EST instead of 9:00.

:earsboy: Bill

As I understand it, they are not supposed to conduct sales business by email though some do. I'm sure DVD will not worry too much about it unless they cross over the line where it creates a problem. I'd call back and speak with him or if he's not available, a supervisor. 3 Days isn't a long time in this world but you don't have much time in your present situation. You may want to consider asking for a different guide if this still flows poorly but I'd wait until after this issues is settled.

As noted, yes and the option to do so in written in to the POS.
Thank you for the info. I was actually just asking him for an update, not to conduct business.

You can bank and borrow points online, you can add the DDP and DME online. You can cancel a reservation online and pay your dues and monitor your account online. Plus you can book online 1 hour prior to MS opening at 8:00 EST instead of 9:00.

Thank you so much!

they can most definitely repackage a larger contract into multiple smaller ones.

I'm not certain about the UY. My understanding is that the UY is tied to the actual condo unit, and that is not something they can change. This is one reason why someone else might be able to get a 25 point add on at the same resort as you. Their UY was available and yours was not. Again, not certain about this, but I have read reports that is the case.

We just purchased resale directly from DVD last week. We did the DVC tour at Copper Creek to see the cabins and while there the sales person called to see what they had for resale. There was an AKL with 150 points with a UY of August and no points used for 2016. We were told we could buy any any amount up to the 150. We grabbed 75 of the 150 that was available. I feel I got a decent deal as we have double our points for UY 2017 in just a few days.

Thank you for the info. I was actually just asking him for an update, not to conduct business.
He could be off, ill or have other issues. I'd follow up before getting too worried or upset about the delay.

Just as I picked up the phone I figured I would try to book online. And it looks like I can borrow from 2019 online. The guide was wrong! Thank you!

So that same guide is the one that told you that if you need to borrow points for a reservation that you need to call in and it can't be done online? Seems like you may be ontrack for the add on but I'd skip this guy for anything in the future as he doesn't know the basics of the online system. No, not exactly his job but if they're going to continue to use the term "guide" there is the minimum that they should be aware of IMO and this person is not batting at a high percentage.

So that same guide is the one that told you that if you need to borrow points for a reservation that you need to call in and it can't be done online? Seems like you may be ontrack for the add on but I'd skip this guy for anything in the future as he doesn't know the basics of the online system. No, not exactly his job but if they're going to continue to use the term "guide" there is the minimum that they should be aware of IMO and this person is not batting at a high percentage.
Thank you, that is exactly how I feel. Thanks to Bill I easily booked my reservation online with borrowed points for BLT for Feb. :-)

Thank you, that is exactly how I feel. Thanks to Bill I easily booked my reservation online with borrowed points for BLT for Feb. :-)

Glad you took the time to book it yourself. That one hour advantage booking online may really make a difference later when booking a reservation at 7 months.

The guide actually called me and I now have my 25 add on points for BWV. So excited! Unfortunately he said I will not receive my membership card before my trip in 2 weeks but he said I can somehow pull it up on my phone to be able to get the discounts. Thank you again to everyone for their advice and support.

The guide actually called me and I now have my 25 add on points for BWV. So excited! Unfortunately he said I will not receive my membership card before my trip in 2 weeks but he said I can somehow pull it up on my phone to be able to get the discounts. Thank you again to everyone for their advice and support.

Just go to your digital membership card in your account and take a screen shot of it. We closed on a 25 point add on in April and went on a trip in May and that's what we did.

OK so sorry to jump in here and I am hoping someone is paying attention :-) I just did a Poly tour yesterday and was told that my minimum point I had to buy was 100 and the price was 176 per point.... after picking myself up off the floor we concluded the meeting and I am now home crunching numbers. Is it true that you can buy just 50 or is the Poly a bit different. We are really considering buying but (argh) these numbers are hard to justify.

OK so sorry to jump in here and I am hoping someone is paying attention :-) I just did a Poly tour yesterday and was told that my minimum point I had to buy was 100 and the price was 176 per point.... after picking myself up off the floor we concluded the meeting and I am now home crunching numbers. Is it true that you can buy just 50 or is the Poly a bit different. We are really considering buying but (argh) these numbers are hard to justify.
Are you already a member or is this your first contract? If you already own, you should be able to buy 25. If not, then you can push to just get 50. If you really only want a small amount tell them it is that or nothing. Have you looked into resale? You can buy the same contract for usually 60% of the cost( approx). You will loose some benefits buying resale but the savings is HUGE!

Are you already a member or is this your first contract? If you already own, you should be able to buy 25. If not, then you can push to just get 50. If you really only want a small amount tell them it is that or nothing. Have you looked into resale? You can buy the same contract for usually 60% of the cost( approx). You will loose some benefits buying resale but the savings is HUGE!

It would be our first contract. We are only buying because we vacation so much at Poly makes sense. Not really swayed by incentives. We want to buy because I have noticed it has been very very difficult to find a standard room at the Poly. I have an annual pass and tables in wonderland so I still get discounts. Thinking of buying separate contracts in smaller increments but 176 is just so high

It would be our first contract. We are only buying because we vacation so much at Poly makes sense. Not really swayed by incentives. We want to buy because I have noticed it has been very very difficult to find a standard room at the Poly. I have an annual pass and tables in wonderland so I still get discounts. Thinking of buying separate contracts in smaller increments but 176 is just so high
You can buy resale which will cost you 120-140 per point. Not a huge amount but still a savings. It is far cheaper at other resorts. How long do you travel for? Do you travel every year or every other year? Do you plan your trips at 7+ months out?

If you can answer yes to those questions then DVC would work for you. You can buy a bulk of your points resale and then add on 25 points at the 176 to get the direct benefits( right now your platinum plus ap is $559? )

First time buyers have a different minimum. At one time the minimum was 200 points, later 160 points for first time buyers.

If you can answer yes to those questions then DVC would work for you. You can buy a bulk of your points resale and then add on 25 points at the 176 to get the direct benefits( right now your platinum plus ap is $559? )

Well this is another question I have been pondering and you seem to be the right person to ask.... we have vacationed at Disney every year, twice a year since my 16 year old was a baby. We usually stay at BC or Boardwalk or poly (sometimes Floridian). Lately, as the kids are getting older, we have been doing a Disney cruise on spring break and the World in summer. Realistically does home resort matter? Can we still get a poly studio 7 months out? While our favorite resort is the poly we also love Boardwalk and Beach. Is that premium worth the cost? We were going to buy two split contracts of 150 ( Legacy points for my future grandkids) at poly. But That price.. if I put it in a interest account also provides vacations and no annual fees

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter