Disney 50th celebration impacting trip

Harambe

I miss Tapestry of Dreams!
So I was feeling pretty OK about postponing our December 2020 trip to December 2021. We even got pretty much a full credit for our plane tickets that goes till Sept 2022.

But I just remembered that the reason we wanted to go this year was because we didn't want to go during the whole 50th celebration thing! What is the latest news on all the construction for that - did Disney keep that going while the parks were shuttered?

Who knows how everything will turn out anyway, but will we be looking at a crazy time to be going? (keeping in mind that everything is fluid at the moment).

This is all pretty much speculation at the moment but I think u really have couple things to consider. If u go this 2020 xmas u will experience lower crowds for sure which could result in a more relaxed easy going trip when it comes to dealing with alot of people but u will also be dealing with having to wear a mask, social distancing, park restrictions, reduced hours, no park hopping, lots of construction, parts of certain rides closed, as of now no fireworks or parades, just a very limited experience in general. The only real benefit I see is lower crowds but don't mistake lower crowds for lower wait times because the wait times could be pretty high during xmas. If u wait til 2021 xmas, we can only assume alot of things will be returning to normal including large crowds but it seems wdw is keeping the rsvp system so hopefully the parks won't be as crowded as before but nobody knows and won't until it happens. So if u wait til 2021, u will most likely get a lot better experience but u could be dealing with the tremendous crowds but then again u might get lucky and crowds aren't bad, its a gamble. If ur not a family that goes alot and this is a special trip, i would wait until 2021 but if u have already been several times and pretty much have seen and done everything but hate large crowds then go 2020. JMO

^^ Yeah, I guess that's what we thought. We are not going this year - we are in our 60s and think it best to wait. I really don't have a problem with larger crowds because, without our kids going, we will be more "strollers" than "commandos", so no jockeying to get on the big rides, etc.

We are really looking forward to participating in all the Christmas stuff, my bucket list item is a trip to Disney BEFORE Christmas, as we have been a number of times in January. For once I'd like to hear Christmas music in the parks prior to the holiday, not 2 weeks after - hahaha.

We are going for a couple weeks in December, arriving the 7th. We are not the least bit bothered by crowds and did not want to miss the 50th as we loved the 25th. Love everything about Disney during the Christmas season. If you take the time to plan crowds have little impact on a trip. We love to casually walk past groups at the entrance who are deciding where to go first...those people help to make our trip so easy!!! I guarantee you'll see the same group later in the day trying to get a group of 10 into a restaurant for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!