**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Does anyone know if there are places inside the park to pick up wrist bands? Or is it only at the front of the park?

They won't let you in early just because of your fastpass, and AK DAH haven't been know for letting folks in very early if at all. Can you move it later? If it were closer to the front of the park, I'd say you'd be fine, but it'll take a solid 15 minutes to walk all the way back to KS from the front if not a little more.

thanks for the quick reply…I’ve been on the watch for a later fastpass. We will just hopefully do standby if we miss the fastpass window. The only thing that concerns me is that when will the last safari be. On the website it has the hours at 9am - 7pm

So I have a 5:55-6:55 fast pass for Kilimanjaro Safari... if we are there right at 7pm will we be ok? Or do you think Disney would let us in 15 minutes early. Going February 27th.
I believe you can go in 15 minutes late for fastpasses,but wouldn’t try later then that.i would try to get a later fastpass

thanks for the quick reply…I’ve been on the watch for a later fastpass. We will just hopefully do standby if we miss the fastpass window. The only thing that concerns me is that when will the last safari be. On the website it has the hours at 9am - 7pm

Ooo, that's not good. If the ride closes at 7 and they don't let you into the park until 7, you won't be able to get in line. I'd start planning on not getting to ride and then just be happy if things work out differently.

If the ride closes at 7, that could also be why you can't find a later time. What date are you looking at? If it's far enough into the future, there's a chance the park hours (and ride hours) will be extended.

What can we do during a gap hour? Our DAH event starts at 9 pm with a regular close of 8 pm (of course, I know that could change). Could get into the Tiffins Lounge at 7:45? Sounds like we'll have plenty of time to do all the rides we want once the regular park goers have left, so I'm thinking maybe there'd be time for us to just chill in the lounge and have some snacks and drinks. I know they let day guests hang out in the shops for as long they really want after park hours - what's the situation with the restaurants (or in this case, the lounge)?

well they let us start riding during that hour gap (maybe 5 minutes after 8pm) but there was a serious storm that was blowing in and supposed to hit around 11pm. We rode dinsoaur last vehicle before regular park close and they said we could ride as soon as they clear all vehicles and take anything left to lost and found. we headed to everest though because we knew they would be closing early with that storm coming.

also with the high winds i think they had river of lights closed. had it been open i would have probably watched during after hours. safari closed at 6:45pm the day we went to the event. i think that was one attraction all of our group wished was open during ah.

safari closed at 6:45pm the day we went to the event. i think that was one attraction all of our group wished was open during ah.
I did grab a FP for the Safari for 6:40-7:40 and Rivers of Light for the 8:30 show (which, now that I'm looking at that, that doesn't make sense if regular park close is currently 8 pm - is that how they normally do it?). Also, is there a way to find out when attractions will be closed ahead of time?

Does anyone know if there are places inside the park to pick up wrist bands? Or is it only at the front of the park?

Here’s is what we have on Page 1:

Post #7 - When Can I Get in the Park with a DAH Ticket?

The 'official' park entry time per Disney is 7:00 pm, regardless of the actual start time of the Disney After Hours event.

If already in the park via other park admission/AP/etc, DAH credentials can be picked up at the Ticket Corner by Discovery Trading.

These things have tended to change over time, so I’m not sure if the info Is 100% accurate.

Well... President's Day week - maybe people who just arrived over the weekend were so dismayed by the crowds that they started looking for any relief they could find - like booking an after hours event.

When I open the app and see 60 mins for IASW at 11:20am on Monday or 120 mins for NRJ.... yeah... DAH time! 8-)

Just a moment in time reaction which could be disproven with data, but those times look worse than when we were there around NYE.

When I open the app and see 60 mins for IASW at 11:20am on Monday or 120 mins for NRJ.... yeah... DAH time! 8-)

Just a moment in time reaction which could be disproven with data, but those times look worse than when we were there around NYE.

Just watching the ROTR has been very eye-opening as to the crowds right now. :scared1:

Do we have anyone on this thread who will be attending on Wednesday night? It would be great to get a report since it's been awhile since we've had a sold out event and lately it seems like the crowds at AK after hours have been almost non-existent.

Bumping this thread to see if anyone is planning on going tomorrow - would love to hear some first-hand experiences on a sold-out night! @Iowamomof4 thanks for the heads up about being sold out! Should be interesting to hear how it goes.

I was reminded, when looking back at last years dates, that this same week’s DAH sold out two days prior last year too. Sort of odd.

I was reminded, when looking back at last years dates, that this same week’s DAH sold out two days prior last year too. Sort of odd.
Interesting. Wonder if people have been seeing the crowds over the weekend and thinking, "yeah, no - I'm not doing that." Given that there aren't that many sellouts of this particular DAH, and the heavy crowds at all parks in general these past few days, and also how crowded some say MK DAH was last night, I'm very curious as to how tomorrow goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!