'Disney After Hours' at Magic Kingdom

kerreyn

DIS Veteran
Has anyone taken advantage of the Disney After Hours, and if so, was it worth $119USD? One of the dates for 2018 is during our stay, and I've booked it, but now second guessing...

I haven't done it but would probably consider it. Although it is only 3 hours long? Oh wait, enter at 7 and stay 3 hours past closing. Yup, I'd do it! Considering how much fun we had at the Halloween Party after the park closed, with getting on rides so easy (we didn't really trick or treat much, and only paused for the fireworks because they were loud - kiddo isn't into fireworks). I'd pay for an evening/night of easy ride access!

I haven't done it but would probably consider it. Although it is only 3 hours long? Oh wait, enter at 7 and stay 3 hours past closing. Yup, I'd do it! Considering how much fun we had at the Halloween Party after the park closed, with getting on rides so easy (we didn't really trick or treat much, and only paused for the fireworks because they were loud - kiddo isn't into fireworks). I'd pay for an evening/night of easy ride access!

That's what I was thinking too - well, that and the unlimited Mickey ice cream bars and popcorn! I watched a few youtube videos from earlier this year, and it looked pretty good.

We did this in May 2016 and would do it again in a heartbeat.... Walk on for all rides everytime, get to see everything without crowds -- lots of pics, staff were so happy and relaxed because the crowds were low and no one was stressed. The drinks, ice cream were nice but really we did 90% of the park with zero crowds, great weather, zero stress and it felt so cool to be there with no crowds. We went back on another day to do the last few things that weren't open but really the After Hours covered most of it. Really the prices aren't too much off from the party crowds... well... without the actual party crowds (which made things way more crowded in Dec 2016 when we went to that) so we thought this was awesome and worth every penny. (I so hope it's available when we go back in Feb or Aug of 2018...)

No this is a paid event. Much less crowds at this one. I found our last emh at MK was a lot more crowded than our last trips. Long lines until the last half hour for rides.

I'd consider something like this as an add on for our Canadian discount tickets if we wanted to add a day.
Thanks, just checked and we are a month too late to take advantage :(

Are the drinks and ice cream bars unlimited?
The way I read it, it does say complimentary icecream, popcorn and beverages from the carts with ability to purchase select menu items at other locations. I take it that would be unlimited but probably at least one per person at the time, not for taking to eat later. IMO

I've been watching some DAH videos on YouTube, and one guy was up to 7 Mickey ice cream bars, lol...

We did this in April 2016 and before going, I swore the only reason I was splurging on it was because it fit our situation perfectly...we were there for a business trip and wouldn't be able to take advantage of early morning crowds. So it was either an after 2pm ticket for $80 or the After Hours event. It made it easier to justify.

After experiencing it, I would go again in a heartbeat...whether it made financial sense or not! We had so much fun! We lost count of how many rides we did, the atmosphere of a near-empty park was priceless! I really don't think you will regret it at all.

This event is taking place two nights during my trip in January 2018. At first it seemed like a crazy price to pay but after seeing all the great reports, my sister and I are planning to do it. I haven't purchased the tickets yet though. It will be amazing to see the Magic Kingdom almost empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!