**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

My 8yo daughter and I went on 12/8. I let her run the show since her ticket was a birthday gift. She wanted to start in Toy Story Land so we rode TSMM right at 8. We then got in line for SDD and there roughly 5 people ahead of us that had wristbands and about 12-14 minutes worth of day guests. We rode 10 times in a row with the line getting shorter each time. It was never a complete walk on for us but we only had to wait a train or two each time. They were directing odd number parties to the right at the second FP tapstile so it virtually was a walk on for parties of 1, 3 and 5 as there were far more even numbered parties. We then rode AS2 3 times and TSMM again. Bathroom break then we went and got popcorn and Mickey bars and sat on a bench eating for around 10 mins. From there we went to TOT and rode 5 times. My daughter doesn't like RNRC so we didn't ride it.

I thought it was worth the money especially with AP discount. I have done DAH at MK and was a little hesitant since there aren't nearly as many attractions but I had a blast! My 11yo son and I will be back in January and are going to do the trifecta on 1/16, 1/17 and 1/19. He will ride anything so we will start at RNRC and TOT and head to TSL much later.

My 8yo daughter and I went on 12/8. I let her run the show since her ticket was a birthday gift. She wanted to start in Toy Story Land so we rode TSMM right at 8. We then got in line for SDD and there roughly 5 people ahead of us that had wristbands and about 12-14 minutes worth of day guests. We rode 10 times in a row with the line getting shorter each time. It was never a complete walk on for us but we only had to wait a train or two each time. They were directing odd number parties to the right at the second FP tapstile so it virtually was a walk on for parties of 1, 3 and 5 as there were far more even numbered parties. We then rode AS2 3 times and TSMM again. Bathroom break then we went and got popcorn and Mickey bars and sat on a bench eating for around 10 mins. From there we went to TOT and rode 5 times. My daughter doesn't like RNRC so we didn't ride it.

I thought it was worth the money especially with AP discount. I have done DAH at MK and was a little hesitant since there aren't nearly as many attractions but I had a blast! My 11yo son and I will be back in January and are going to do the trifecta on 1/16, 1/17 and 1/19. He will ride anything so we will start at RNRC and TOT and head to TSL much later.
Sounds like a very successful evening! So you have 15 rides? Were you there the solid 3 hours? We have ticket for March but our time is 9pm-midnight. Not sure if I can stay up that late! I was trying to estimate how much we could do if we start with RnRC and ToT before we head to TSL and then leave by 11pm. I was thinking 10-12 rides within 2 hours, allowing a little 10 min snack like you. Good news for us is there is 3 of us so maybe that will help out odds with SDD ;)

Sounds like a very successful evening! So you have 15 rides? Were you there the solid 3 hours? We have ticket for March but our time is 9pm-midnight. Not sure if I can stay up that late! I was trying to estimate how much we could do if we start with RnRC and ToT before we head to TSL and then leave by 11pm. I was thinking 10-12 rides within 2 hours, allowing a little 10 min snack like you. Good news for us is there is 3 of us so maybe that will help out odds with SDD ;)

20 rides! SDD 10x, AS2 3x, TSMM 2x, TOT 5x. We did stay until the end and the last ride on TOT was after it was supposed to close.

I went ahead and purchased admission for the January 19 DAH at the beginning of my solo trip. Looking forward to Toy Story Land of course, but also TSMM which I like a lot as someone who used to play a LOT of Donkey Kong, Frogger, Moon Patrol and other games in the days of coin arcades. I still have not done all that well on TSMM, but now I get to work on it without hindrance. :crazy:

Well Slinky Dog is broke at the start of the party. It has been running all day long but at the start of this party it is now broke. This party is a bust.

I verified that my DAH ticket is linked to my MDE account. When I show up on January 19, is there any chance the system will access my "regular" 4-day base ticket by mistake? I assume the system will know not to do that, but I was wondering whether I needed to say anything to the CM at the tapstile.

Well Slinky Dog is broke at the start of the party. It has been running all day long but at the start of this party it is now broke. This party is a bust.

Sorry to hear that. Maybe they will extend the closing time by however long it takes them to get the Dog back up and running (assuming it's relatively brief).

Sorry to hear that. Maybe they will extend the closing time by however long it takes them to get the Dog back up and running (assuming it's relatively brief).

Yeah, this blows. All of the other rides have lines. Never again.

Yeah, this blows. All of the other rides have lines. Never again.
Yeah, that is not ok! Hope they do something to make it up to you all! Afternoon, SDD is one of the main reasons people even splurged on this ticket! How long are the lines on the other rides, hopefully manageable?

Manageable but definitely not the walk-ons you read about on the first night. In my 20+ visits to WDW, this is the most disappointed I’ve been. :(

SDD is working now and everyone that is attending is in line for it. Not how I thought this would go.

I verified that my DAH ticket is linked to my MDE account. When I show up on January 19, is there any chance the system will access my "regular" 4-day base ticket by mistake? I assume the system will know not to do that, but I was wondering whether I needed to say anything to the CM at the tapstile.
Just make sure you go through the event entrance that will be clearly marked. DO NOT go through the normal entrance. It will most likely use one of your other park tickets

Manageable but definitely not the walk-ons you read about on the first night. In my 20+ visits to WDW, this is the most disappointed I’ve been. :(
I never expect these events to go like the first one or the first couple. We did the dah at mk in July and there were quite a few rides that weren’t walk on. As long as the majority are under 10 I consider it a win.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter