Disney at 3 months pregnant, or with a 3 month old?

Keistypants

Earning My Ears
I have an almost 3 year old and a 14 month old right now... would it be better to go to Disney at 3 months pregnant with baby #3, or with a 3 month old? We'd have to fly down, so there is that to consider.

We will be going with a 3, almost 4 month old next month. I am extremely excited to be taking my baby at 3 months. He'll be 3 months old tomorrow and is already interested in everything and checking everything out. I think I would rather go with the baby than pregnant. There's more YOU can go on with the baby than if your pregnant.

Personally, I would much rather go with a baby than pregnant. It would make me sad to miss rides with my littles, plus I can't stay out of the bathroom while pregnant. Especially when doing a lot of walking. My third turns three months old this week, and it would be super easy to take her right now.

I have an almost 3 year old and a 14 month old right now... would it be better to go to Disney at 3 months pregnant with baby #3, or with a 3 month old? We'd have to fly down, so there is that to consider.
Our daughter went at 7 months pregnant in August in EXTREME heat. You know your own health and whether you'll be OK with the walking and the weather. On the other hand flying with a 3 month old depends on the length of the flight. Have fun regardless of when you decide to go as we all know Disney is a magical place for everyone :)

I hated skipping out on rides when pregnant!!
We took DD2 at 3 months old. So easy!! It was a great trip...........

Wife was 4 months pregnant and we had our 23 month old and had no problems. She wore a fit bit to watch heart rate from all the walking.
Going next month with our now 6 month and 3 year old.

Wife had no problems on rides and we don't do coasters yet. Advice is just take it easy.

3 month old is going to require more feedings aka more breaks. I forgot the immunization schedule but don't think they can get the flu shot that early. I might be wrong though. 6mo just got her first 1/2 dose of flu shot, and it's another 30 days until she can get the second one. Just something to keep in mind.

With Zika looming, it's safer to go with a baby than pregnant.
Zika is no longer a concern in Florida. OP, don't let that stop you.

I'd say go with the baby. I've gone multiple times pregnant and while it's still wonderful, I miss out on a few of the rides! I felt great though at 3 mo.

I went at 17 weeks this past May in 90+ degre weather and had a great time. The only thing I was sad that I couldn't go on was Flight of Passage because I had never done it and we had a DVC preview. There were very few things I felt like I missed.
We went at my pace, took a ton of bathroom breaks and just sitting breaks, I made sure to drink a ton of water, and we had a great time!

i'd rather go at 3 months prego, when you only have to divide your attention between the 2 current kiddos instead of 3. The newborn won't gain anything from a disney trip, but it would be a great time with your 2 current littles to have one last trip as a family of 4.

I've been to Disney pregnant twice and enjoyed both trips, both in the beginning of my 2nd trimester. YMMV, but I'd honestly rather go pregnant than be sitting down to nurse for 20 minutes every 2.5-3 hours.

I've gone while 7-8 weeks and 26 weeks pregnant, and also taken YDD when she was 3 months and 4.5 months. How old will your other kids be when #3 is 3 months and when you are 3 months pregnant? 3 month olds are really portable, sleep a lot and are easy, especially if you are breastfeeding. Our trip when YDD was 3 months was among our easiest, and ODD's experience wasn't affected by YDD at all. at the same time, depending on the age of your middle child, I'm not sure I'd want to deal with the Terrible Twos and Tantrums either. All other things being equal, I'd go with a 3 month old.

I’d go while pregnant. It’ll be easier to manage 2 kids than 3 (particularly while they’re that little). I went at 15 weeks pregnant and had a great time. I’m not sure I understand the comments about the rides. There are ride restrictions for pregnant women, but your family doesn’t appear to fit the “coaster” demographic yet. You can certainly ride anything the 14 month old can ride, and there should be very little you can’t ride with the 3 year old (unless that kid is already some kind of coaster junkie). But if you’re putting the 3 year old on a coaster, someone has to stay behind with the toddler anyway.

I guess it depends on how you feel during pregnancy.I have terrible morning sickness through week 14/16 so I'd rather go with a newborn any day. If you nurse its really easy to feed the babe while using a sling or wrap and the baby care stations are great air conditioned areas to stop in for a few minutes if you're not comfortable nursing in public or need a break from the heat. We've gone with our kids when they were babies and always had a great time! If I had gone during a pregnancy it wouldn't have been so great, but that might be different for you if you feel great during the first tri/early 2nd tri.

I went at 3 months pregnant last trip. It was great! We took it slow and went on rides I would have skipped past otherwise. Taking our now-16 month old, but while he still nurses, it's just a few times a day. If he had been 3 months it would have been hard to tour for me, personally. But, time of year would matter the most for me, too. We went in December when I was pregnant which was perfect. Would never do the same in August.

I'd go pregnant any day before having to worry about a teeny new one. At that age, they're still waking often, so you're sleep deprived and he/she may wake the other Littles at night in a hotel room. Not to mention having to breastfeed or make bottles. We went at 12 weeks pregnant when DD was 2. It worked out well that she and I did preggo safe rides while dad and grandparents rode big rides. I did do test track since it's basically the same as riding in a car.

I think you'd enjoy this trip with your two whereas with 3 all attention will be on baby's needs/schedule/etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter