Disney At Home

savemycamera

Earning My Ears
So my best friend and I are supposed to be in Disney World two weeks from today. We're both pretty bummed that we can't go, obviously. I'm kind of planning a "Day at Disney" for both of us, kind of like watching ride POVs on YouTube, I'm going to attempt some park snacks like Mickey pretzels and Dole Whip...

Is there anything you guys could think of that might be fun to add in? Any other ideas on what to do?

P.s. I'm also going to attempt to make some cheeseburger pods, I don't know how well that will work out, but if anyone has made anything like this, how did it work out??

Those Star Wars ice cream sandwiches look amazing, I've never seen those before!!

Thank you for your suggestions! Since we're social distancing, I have to transport these things from my house to hers, so the grilled cheese would probably be a mess by the time I got there.

What I'm planning on right now is a giant Mickey cookie, Mickey Rice Krispie treat, some of those roasted almonds/pecans from the carts, Mickey pretzels (which I'm super excited and nervous about!), and Dole Whip (which I'm planning on putting in an insulated cup and then in a tiny lunchbag with an ice pack. So maybe I can add the Millennium Falcon ice cream sandwiches to that too!

Again, thanks so much for your suggestions. I'm starting to go a little stir crazy here and planning this day for her is kind of getting me through everything!

Those Star Wars ice cream sandwiches look amazing, I've never seen those before!!

Thank you for your suggestions! Since we're social distancing, I have to transport these things from my house to hers, so the grilled cheese would probably be a mess by the time I got there.

What I'm planning on right now is a giant Mickey cookie, Mickey Rice Krispie treat, some of those roasted almonds/pecans from the carts, Mickey pretzels (which I'm super excited and nervous about!), and Dole Whip (which I'm planning on putting in an insulated cup and then in a tiny lunchbag with an ice pack. So maybe I can add the Millennium Falcon ice cream sandwiches to that too!

Again, thanks so much for your suggestions. I'm starting to go a little stir crazy here and planning this day for her is kind of getting me through everything!
Awww, post some pics! Enjoy.

What a great idea!

I saw on another site that Dole sells the Dole Whip mix at some stores; I haven't seen it at my local shops, but maybe you can find it.

I did pretty well with my version of the egg rolls at MK at home with my air fryer (I did the buffalo chicken and the cheeseburger). I have never done the pods; they are basically bao buns, so finding a recipe should be fairly easy. I would get a lower fat beef-I found with my egg rolls that higher fat beef made them pretty greasy because the wrapper is so thin. You might have the same trouble with the bao. Also, the hot pickles were weird. I might leave them out and mix them into your dipping sauce instead.

Personally, I might try the Le Cellier soup. There are lots of versions online. My niece and I had lots of fun making the frushi (like sushi with fruit and coconut rice) from one of the festivals (Can't remember of it was F&G or F&W).

Keep us posted and post pics! Sounds like a great idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!