Disney bucket list - when you have extra money for your trip?

winnieofpooh

DIS Veteran
If you've seen some of my other posts, my fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Disney for the end of Aug 2019. My aunt graciously offered to pay for our stay at GF, which freed up about an extra $800 in our budget. Now, I know we could just save that money, but it's Disney :Pinkbounc so I want to know what some of y'all's bucket list items are!

We're planning on staying at the GF studio DVC for 7 days/6 nights. We already have $1,200 budgeted for food between the two of us, and plan to have a spa day at Senses. We're planning on a 5 day park hopper ticket. What are some things you'd love to splurge on if you found extra money in your budget? More days? Water parks or special event tickets? Even better dining? Share your ultimate Disney splurges!

As a side bar - V&A's is off the list. I'm an extremely picky eater, and spending that much one meal just isn't worth it.

Consider upgrading to the deluxe dining plan. Your current budget is $100 per person, per night, and the Deluxe Dining is only a little more, at $116.25 per person per night, which will give you the freedom to try signature restaurants, order wine with dinner, and fun character breakfasts. And enjoy your honeymoon!

Also, since you are at the GF, maybe renting a cabana to enjoy the pool on a non-park day?

I'd do:
- a couple of fancy dinners
- 1 of the 3-hour animal safari special tour things either at Animal Kingdom or Animal Kingdom Lodge. AKL has 1 on Saturday mornings and they take you through all of the backstage animal care areas. It sounds really neat.
- maybe the nighttime safari at AKL. That one is hard to get because there's only room for 10 guests on the truck.
- the MK fireworks dessert party. We did it this past Thursday and thoroughly enjoyed it.
- shop at 1 of the Disney artwork shops at 1 of the parks or at Disney Springs and bring home something special that I really liked.

If I was determined to use the extra funds on that specific trip, I'd add on park days, and perhaps add one of the MK tours. Dining isn't a priority for me, so it wouldn't be on food.

KTTK tour. Well worth it. I know it's August but Mickey's not so Scary Halloween party starts then. Best hard ticket event ever.
upgrade to deluxe dining plan and go places you normally wouldn't.
New tour at AK (Caring for elephants?) it's got nothing but incredible reviews.
Happily Ever After dessert party.
Rent a 2 person power boat and troll around Bay lake. This is super fun.
Wagon ride (not carriage but you could do that too) over at Fort Wilderness at night.
Cali Grill Brunch and then return for fireworks viewing.

I'd do:

- the MK fireworks dessert party. We did it this past Thursday and thoroughly enjoyed it.
- shop at 1 of the Disney artwork shops at 1 of the parks or at Disney Springs and bring home something special that I really liked.

I second the dessert party! I really wanted to do it, however it just added too much money on to the trip! Also, there is some really beautiful artwork sold at the resorts!

We sludge by doing spa and/or tours. We have done the Behind the the Seeds tour (many times), Backstage Magic Tour, The UnDISCOVERed Future World tour, Segway through World Showcase (that they don't do anymore), and Holiday D-Lights tour. We have also done horseback riding through Fort Wilderness.

We also sludge in our dining experience. For us, the dining experience is as magical as the parks and part of our vacation experience.

As Animal Kingdom is my favorite park, and FOP still remains one of the most difficult FastPasses to attain, I would splurge on the
Ultimate Nights of Adventure VIP Tour. It costs $249 per person but includes a 4 hour personal guide that gives you immediate access to all of the major attractions in Animal Kingdom, signature snacks and beverages (on a podcast they said they were given special food from Satu'li Canteen), and VIP seats to the Rivers of Light.

Here is the official link.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/ultimate-nights-of-adventure-vip-tour/

Whatever you decide to do, I truly hope you have an amazing Honeymoon :)

That was very kind of your aunt.

Are you already doing MNSSHP?

The amphicar ride at DS is good for a one-time splurge. (And if you do upgrade to annual passes, you can get a passholder discount on that.)

You could also do a fireworks cruise or Illuminations cruise.

I like the above suggestion to rent a two-person boat. The pontoon boats also look fun, although that would make more sense if you have a group with you.

I'm also looking for more ideas to add to my own Disney bucket list. So far I've tried just about everything I wanted to, except for staying in a Treehouse (planned for this fall :)) and staying in a Cars Suite (maybe next year). I haven't put the Poly water bungalows or the Wilderness Lodge water cabins on my bucket list, as they are really expensive even for a splurge, but they sure look great.

We sludge by doing spa and/or tours. We have done the Behind the the Seeds tour (many times), Backstage Magic Tour, The UnDISCOVERed Future World tour, Segway through World Showcase (that they don't do anymore), and Holiday D-Lights tour. We have also done horseback riding through Fort Wilderness.

We also sludge in our dining experience. For us, the dining experience is as magical as the parks and part of our vacation experience.

Hi drwadadli,
how did you like the Holiday D-lights tour? I am looking into doing it this December and would like any feedback on it. Do you think it is worth it?

Hi drwadadli,
how did you like the Holiday D-lights tour? I am looking into doing it this December and would like any feedback on it. Do you think it is worth it?
My wife and I greatly enjoyed. We ate at Whispering Canyon and then got to see the Candlelight Processional, how the lights go on Cinderella Castle, and the holiday firework show at the Magic Kingdom. When we took the tour, it was the last year of The Osbourne lights so we got a private viewing of it. I highly recommend this tour.

I give my DS & His wife a nice dinner alone at Victoria Alberts while DH & I enjoy our 3 grandsons!

My wife and I greatly enjoyed. We ate at Whispering Canyon and then got to see the Candlelight Processional, how the lights go on Cinderella Castle, and the holiday firework show at the Magic Kingdom. When we took the tour, it was the last year of The Osbourne lights so we got a private viewing of it. I highly recommend this tour.

Thanks, I think we will take the tour!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter