Disney Cabins @ FW

EMHDad

DIS Veteran
We are staying at the cabins 6/23-6/30. First time on property. Would should I ask for in requesting location? (Knowing it is a request and not a guarantee). We want to be as close to the boats as possible for quick trips to MK. We won’t be getting a golf cart. We have a car to drive to other parks and place. Also, we know some loops are by the ‘quiet’ pool. We probably won’t be using that. The kids will want the big pool and we will be doing the sing along at least once, maybe twice.

Suggestions?

Maps of FW: https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/fortwilderness.htm or https://wildernessprincess.net/loop-site-details/

Cabin loops are 2200-2800 so you will see that none of them are really close to the marina. As an example of scale, the saying is that from the Outpost (entrance) to Settlement (boat dock) it is "one mile as the crow flies". There are multiple bus stops for use within the campgrounds. If you are okay with walking instead of using the bus, at least to the pool/sing-a-long, I would suggest 2200.

There are 2 cabins in loop 100 which are in the middle of the premium camping loop. I believe you can request these, but do not get your hopes up as I would expect these to be a frequent request for many. They really are only useful if you are doing a lot of Settlement area events and going to MK frequently. I have thought about requesting just to see what happens, but I usually am traveling with someone with a disability so these two would not work.

I suggest anything in the 2200 loop. Close to pool transportation. We prefer the 2300 loop. Still close to pool transportation but 16, 18, 20 and 22 feel out of the way. There is a little walkway just behind those cabins that get you right to the bus stop.

Loop 2600 is great for transportation and pool access as well. We’ve stayed there twice and I hope someday to go for a third time. 😁

Are there bus stops all around the cabins? I’m worried about long walks with a toddler. Also is this a noisy resort at night when trying to sleep?

Are there bus stops all around the cabins? I’m worried about long walks with a toddler. Also is this a noisy resort at night when trying to sleep?
There are quite a few bus stops and it is very quiet at night! That was one of the main reasons we chose the cabins.

bus stops are at the beginning of the loop. how far you have to walk depends on where around the loop your cabin is. quiet at night and no connecting walls. think of a single wide mobile home

We are staying at the cabins 6/23-6/30. First time on property. Would should I ask for in requesting location? (Knowing it is a request and not a guarantee). We want to be as close to the boats as possible for quick trips to MK. We won’t be getting a golf cart. We have a car to drive to other parks and place. Also, we know some loops are by the ‘quiet’ pool. We probably won’t be using that. The kids will want the big pool and we will be doing the sing along at least once, maybe twice.

Suggestions?
My suggestion is to still get a golf cart. Especially if you are there for a week and are planning on activities like you mentioned on site. If you don’t get one of the two cabins right near the boats I wouldn’t want to wait for the internal bus loop. Part of the experience at the fort is driving around on the golf cart imo. We did a trip once with out it (we did have our own car) and would never do a trip again w/o a cart again.

My suggestion is to still get a golf cart. Especially if you are there for a week and are planning on activities like you mentioned on site. If you don’t get one of the two cabins right near the boats I wouldn’t want to wait for the internal bus loop. Part of the experience at the fort is driving around on the golf cart imo. We did a trip once with out it (we did have our own car) and would never do a trip again w/o a cart again.

I would love to. Unfortunately, I just can’t justify the $413 cost. We are driving to Epcot, HS, and AK. The golf cart would only get used to go to the boat once for MK, and travel around FW on two different afternoons. That would average to about $130 per use of cart. It would be awesome as an experience and ease, but we would have to give up a large chunk of our disney spending budget for it and can’t do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter