Disney California Food & Wine 2019 - Booking Now Open

ej119

Mouseketeer
Didn't see another thread about this, but tastings and seminars are now available to book for this year's 2019 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/disney-california-adventure/food-and-wine-festival/
(click select events on the right side of the page)

Looks like after last year's experiment with events/tastings every day of the festival, they've reduced the tasting seminars to Thursdays through Sundays again. Also looks like there are fewer winermaker/beermaster dinners than years past. Never attended one of those dinners, were they popular?

Since visit will be Thurs-Sun, no problem from me. Still wish there was more daily diversity over the course of a weekend.

I'm disappointed that all the culinary demos are on Sunday and that there are so few chef demos this year. There seems to still be a lot for them to figure out what works and doesn't work. I still miss the old days of DCA's F&W.

Hopping that they will expand the schedule as the time gets closer. The Food and Wine fest is why we are going! The schedule looked soooo good last year.

FYi can’t use Disney Gift Cards to book seminars. Couldn’t last year either but I called Disneyland Dining just in case this year but nothing has changed. The entire pre-booking procedure is still outsourced to another company. (Which is ridiculous as they have the infrastructure for doing this at WDW, why can’t they figure out how to replicate that for CA?!)

Has anyone done any of the wine, mixology or beer tasting seminars? How were they? I am interested in doing one for my birthday.

Has anyone done any of the wine, mixology or beer tasting seminars? How were they? I am interested in doing one for my birthday.

I have done tasting seminars for the last 3 years (also at Epcot) and they can be a little hit or miss -- but definitely more pros than cons! In all of the tastings I've done at DCA, it's an intimate and a nice setting. A couple of the presenters have been just OK, but you still have a nice experience. But on at least two occasions, we showed an interest in what was being talked about/tasted by asking questions, etc, and the presenter ended up joining us at our table afterwards just to chat. I really like that touch, but I find that to be a common trait of many folks in the beverage industry. :)

So far I've booked the Disney Sommelier Series: Napa Valley Cabernet this year. Will probably book at least two more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter