Disney Club card question

jdaa

Earning My Ears
I went to the home page but can't find a link on where to read about a Disney Club card. My family is going the end of March for 7 nights. Since it's the week of Easter I'm guessing this will be my only hope for a discount. Could someone tell me where to read about the card and if you have any other suggestions? Thanks so much.

Mar.27--Apr.7, 2001--NO DISCOUNTS ANYWHERE IN ORLANDO!!......FOR ANYTHING....

If you do any shopping at all at a Disney Store, or even on-line, the card is worth it's weight in gold!
I have saved so much $ with my DC card this past year! (travel package & store discounts) I would not hesitate to renew!
Plus you get the Disney magazine.

Unless they just came out this morning, I don't think January on-site discounts are even out yet for the DC card!

Originally posted by tink2dw
Mar.27--Apr.7, 2001--NO DISCOUNTS ANYWHERE IN ORLANDO!!......FOR ANYTHING....

I would bet that you are right tink, because I THINK that Easter is the last weekend of March next year.
BUT, I would continue to hold out hope for some kind of discount. I would book your room to HAVE one, but I would continue to watch for discounts.

I just got my DC pkg yesterday and I feel preety foolish for having spent the $$. We're not huge Disney fans, enough to shop at Disney stores ( they closed two in our area ) or interested in a newsletter. The discount for passes was about $10 each and the fabulous discounts that they seem to promote are 10% off at 2 places, various admission discounts to places we wouldn't go etc. Even though there was very little anywhere about what exactly this club's membership benefits were, I went ahead and signed up for this with great hopes, knowing I didn't have the facts, but thought since it was Disney there would be some "magic"; this may work for some but for $40, (just my hubby and me traveling) we would be lucky to break even.
jdaa, if you'd like the particulars on what is in the pkg. I'd be happy to give you the details so you can make an informed decision. :eek:

Money-Back Guarantee* If you decide within 90 days of your enrollment date that The Disney Clubsm is not everything you expected, simply return your membership card and we will refund your entire membership fee.

*Refund does not include shipping or handling fees paid.

The above is from the DC member site so we'll ship the pkg. back and hopefully they will honor the above.

also wanted to note that the discount for 2 places that I mentioned before is for the dining discount, the all-star cafe and the rainforest cafe, both 10%

I do believe that World of Disney at Downtown Disney gives the discount, so if you are on a trip and buying any souvenirs, 10% helps. Also, for using the card at TDS recently, they were giving 20% thru 9/29. I think the card tends to pay for itself overall. If you luck into a discount at an on-site hotel, it has also paid for itself.

By the way, mousesavers just posted that Disney Club discounts are out for 2002. 15-20% off, Value and Moderate; 10-15% off, Deluxe and Home Away from Home; packages discounted $50-$125.

hi - we went this past Easter, and one piece of advice is....STAY ON SITE and take advantage of Early Entry. The parks were crowded all day long. However, we went to Animal Kingdom late in the day (arrived around 2), and by 3:30, the park had emptied out. It was our most enjoyable time.

I'll definately get my money's worth. even for that amount of money I've researched and made sure of it. 1st off you can get a code off mousesavers.com to take $10 off the membership fee so it's only $30 not $40. The Disney Club card is the only place to get a discount for annual passes and I'm buying 3. Right there I've saved my $30 plus the discounts at the restaurants at DtD. We're eating at House of Blues (10% discount sometimes more) We'll shop at World of Disney (we usually do anyway so the 10% discount is icing on the cake) I already get the 10% discount at the Disney store thanks to being a DVC member but I did get the 20% Disney club discount this month so that was even more savings. AND THEN, there's the magazine. I didn't really view this as a perk until I started getting it. It keeps me in the Disney Magic frame of mind for days after getting one.

So do I think it's worth it for me.... YES!
for you???? I don't know but do a little research to find out.

Good luck with your decision,
Cheryl :bounce:

cheryl, please tell me where i could have found out the specific details about what discounts the dc offers at at what venues ( other than disney store and tickets)?. the info on thier website is very vague about what the details are. and yes, it's not turned out to be worth it for us and as i mwntioned in my post may be good for some. i've posted here to let others know what i experienced; isn't that what these msg boards are all about?

suzanne, if you rent a car during your visit you should be able to get a discount at National Car Rental for that. Also I do believe there is a free day rental coupon that comes with the package.

I aclled about that based on some other postings that I read, but that applies only if you are getting a WDW pkg. We'll be staying at a time-share in Lake Buena Vista so we're not eligible; too bad, as this savings would have bee a good one!

I did not renew my membership once they started charging everybody for this card. They used to be available for free for corp and gov memberships - now $30. BUT - DH and I have decided to try to make sure we get in two weeks at Disney during the next 365 days, so paid the dues. The diffence in costs of Annual Passes will pay for the fees. Now whatever other perks will be extra. Like the free magazine.... 10% discount at DTD and TDS. And a lot of people just got 20% at the local stores with it. I usually do buy merchandise while there, so 10% is better than nothing.
:bounce: :) :bounce:

My DC card has saved me several hundreds of $$$. It just depends on how much you go to the parks/stores.
Last January we went to WDW (8 days), DL/DCA (3 days) and I buy, buy, buy in TDS.
DL/DCA is much more generous with DC store discounts than WDW. At DL/DCA, I got 10% off at any Disney Store/kiosk (sp) with a $50 purchase. (And some CM's were strict on the $50 minimum, some weren't.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter