Disney Collection

jcjen519

DIS Veteran
anyone used their points to stay at a non-dvc wdw resort? We have more points then we need, although we could let family use the points. We've booked a cruise in December followed by a trip to akl. We also want to book a pre-cruise stay at the polynesian for one night. we have booked it with cash but i thought using points might be a good idea. i checked the site and know it will be 80-something points. I can't remember exactly. would you use the points or the cash?

thanks for any help :)

anyone used their points to stay at a non-dvc wdw resort? We have more points then we need, although we could let family use the points. We've booked a cruise in December followed by a trip to akl. We also want to book a pre-cruise stay at the polynesian for one night. we have booked it with cash but i thought using points might be a good idea. i checked the site and know it will be 80-something points. I can't remember exactly. would you use the points or the cash?

thanks for any help :)

There's also a $95 reservation fee. I don't think it's worth it but it's up to you. If you change your mind, the points cannot be used for a DVC resort and expire at the end of your use year.

It would have to be longer than 1 night for it to be worth it to me. Either that or the points couldn't be banked or used otherwise.

I do realize there is a fee. Thanks for the input. We need a one night stay before the cruise and have a long stay planned for afterward. I think I will give it some thought and if there is availability when/if I call then great. If not then we pay cash.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We have been to the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, Shutters on the beach in Santa Monica, and one I cannot think of using the Disney collection. It was well worth it, but they have taken all the best choices out of the collection.

Whew! You could rent out those same 87 points thru Davids very easy and receive $957. If the Poly concierge room cash is more than $1052 ($957 + $95) then it could make sense to use points. But I don't think even Poly manages to charge that yet.

Actually, David's requires a minimum of 95 points, so using the points in the Disney Collection might very well be the best choice.

I have stayed at two different choices using this option. I was quite pleased with the ability to do this, though I have been disappointed to see some of the choices being removed from the list over the years. However, if you see a hotel you'd like to stay at, understand that there will be a fee, etc. etc. etc. I'd say 'go for it'! :)

Actually, David's requires a minimum of 95 points, so using the points in the Disney Collection might very well be the best choice.

I have stayed at two different choices using this option. I was quite pleased with the ability to do this, though I have been disappointed to see some of the choices being removed from the list over the years. However, if you see a hotel you'd like to stay at, understand that there will be a fee, etc. etc. etc. I'd say 'go for it'! :)

Mentioning Davids was to show what the value of those points are worth. If the OP decided to go that route then adding 8 more points to do a rental shouldn't be that difficult especially if following your assumption that they have an excess number of points that they need to burn thru. For one night it's still a very expensive use of points if value is a concern.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter