Disney corporate jet....

I'll fly for this Mickey Mouse outfit!
F3FA21AD-3ABE-4F27-B93E-4F7CBECF8B33.jpeg
Taxiing in...

731956DF-B31E-4996-BF63-95CA82383A41.jpeg
Parked...

5FEC219F-31B0-48D9-9C54-6CD173FAD660.jpeg
View from my seat...

Well, sitting in the cockpit here at Bradley International Airport by Hartford, CT (the home base for my companies airplanes)...we’re getting ready to head out for a couple days, and here comes one of Disney’s planes taxiing in...N900ES...a Gulfstream 550....someone working here said CEO was coming, but I had a hard time seeing if it was him from here...guy getting off plane looked younger to me...

Also cool, as we know all employees wear the name tag while working...as pilot did his elk around to check aircraft, I could see that his name tag was on his jacket...unfortunately I am taking care of monitoring our airplane as it is powered up, so no time to talk to those guys...

Interesting tail number. Very non-descript. My friends Cirrus ends in BZ, his wife's initials. I know a lot of the race teams had something that identified the team.

How'd you know it was Disney's?

j

Interesting tail number. Very non-descript. My friends Cirrus ends in BZ, his wife's initials. I know a lot of the race teams had something that identified the team.

How'd you know it was Disney's?

j

I had looked into them in the past...kind of a cool idea to fly for them I thought. However, the flight department is based in Burbank, CA....not where I wanted to be living necessarily (although I think I could still be persuaded to do it....). They have several airplanes and all end with "ES" with stands for "Earth Star", the name of their aviation division/group...."Earth Star Aviation". Not an uncommon thing for large corporations to try and make themselves very low key or not obvious. Security of executives and not wanting to telegraph travel itineraries is a big thing....at my company as well.
From an aviation job website :

Earth Star
500 S Buena Vista
MC 7477
Burbank, California 91521-7477
USA

Follow this Company

Benefits:
See application
Services:
Earth Star, based in Burbank, California, is the corporate flight department for a world-renowned entertainment company with a long history of operating jet aircraft.

There was a link within this ad as well as more about the jobs website, but not sure which stuff is not really supposed to be posted, so I deleted it...

I took off behind this airplane and followed them to the NY area...

Probably going to see Hamilton. :P

I wonder who it was. I would think you had to be a fairly high "C" level position to get the plane.

j

I know I’ve looked up the flight department before. As I recall they have a fleet of 3 or 4 aircraft. All Gulfstreams as memory serves.

Likely someone visiting the ESPN office and then heading to Teterboro to visit ABC.

View attachment 308540
Taxiing in...

View attachment 308541
Parked...

View attachment 308542
View from my seat...

Well, sitting in the cockpit here at Bradley International Airport by Hartford, CT (the home base for my companies airplanes)...we’re getting ready to head out for a couple days, and here comes one of Disney’s planes taxiing in...N900ES...a Gulfstream 550....someone working here said CEO was coming, but I had a hard time seeing if it was him from here...guy getting off plane looked younger to me...

Also cool, as we know all employees wear the name tag while working...as pilot did his elk around to check aircraft, I could see that his name tag was on his jacket...unfortunately I am taking care of monitoring our airplane as it is powered up, so no time to talk to those guys...

4077, thanks for sharing the pictures! What do you fly?

Falcon 2000 and Falcon 7X

Very cool. I’m not a pilot but I work in the industry. I’ve spent a good amount of time around the Falcon 2000 series but haven’t had a chance to check out a 7X yet.

Maybe they are just waiting for you to come up so they can offer you a job? They already have your name tag ready.

View attachment 314253

j

I actually had some real ones from back in 1997-98 when I worked at (then) MGM studios in the pretzel cart on NY Street, the egg roll cart outside the Chinese theater and in one of the beer trucks in that central plaza area in front of the theater....alas I am not sure if I have any of them anymore...

That's great. Didn't know we had a former CM in our ranks.

j

I had a flying job that was a regular Monday- Thursday schedule then in Tampa, so I thought it would be fun to work at Disney 1 day per week for benefits and just to see “behind” it all....it was fun! One of my favorite recollections was selling $3.00 ice creams out front, but then going back to the CM commissary (which had low prices as the costs were partially offset/augmented by Disney if I recall for CM's) and buying the same ice cream treats for less than $1...lol.

Last edited:
If you ever get down ATL/FFC/PDK ways, drop me a line.

Clint -ATC Atlanta Approach, live on 64GA (a wee short for a Falcon to take off...you can land here....once....)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!