Disney Costume Sizing

Mnerickson91

Earning My Ears
Do disney princess costumes tend to run large or small? I'm looking to buy some deluxe Elsa costumes from 2013 when the movies were released but I'm finding more size 7/8 and these girls are wear size 6 just pushing into some 7's. Would 7/8 just swallow them up?

I think they run kind of on the small side. Our 9 year old wears an 8 in some things and maybe a 10 in others and she usually wears a size 10 in princess dresses. The 8's are starting to be too small and having a little breathing room in those dresses never hurt. They don't look too big and I'm told that princess dresses must be near the floor otherwise they are not acceptable :scared:

We always buy a size up. At roughly $90 a pop you'll want to get a couple years use. Our petite 5 year old can wear the size 4 of the latest deluxe Elsa from Frozen 2. But we would have preferred to buy a 5.

With the cost of the costumes, plus the heat - a little big is always better. Took granddaughter when she was four, in a Cinderella dress - size (age 7-8) from a Disney Store. She wore it to Disney at 4, Halloween school party at 5 and trick or treating at 6 years, plus for play at 6. Definitely got pur money out of that dress!!!! And it was hand washed and dried , too many times to count.

For my tall, slim daughter we always size up. That way she can get more years use out of each dress. I would bring a Cotten tank undershirt in case the dress is itchy. Wish I had thought of that three years ago!

My niece just turned 6 and is usually same clothing size as her age. We went with Medium (7/8) for her sleeping beauty dress. That way she can wear it for a few years. They used elastics to move the straps higher, but she was in that all day with no issue.

The costumes, as well as most other Disney brand clothing, runs small. My 3yo is 31lbs, 23rd percentile for weight, and fits the 4T princess dresses perfectly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter