Disney Cruise and Disney World?

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
Hi,

We've been planning a trip to DW in October. Today my husband suggested instead of doing Disney for 6 days, why don't we go for 3 days and then do a 4 day cruise?

1) What port is best to leave from for a Caribbean or Bahamas cruise?
2) Is it too much to mix both?

We did a 3 night cruise after spending several days at DisneyWorld. We thought it was the best of both worlds. If you do a 4 day disney cruise, just a warning, the pool area is packed on that at sea day. Not sure the age of your family members.

We loooove Disney cruises! I would go to WDW first and then cruise to relax a little bit. If you are going to be in Orlando, Port Canaveral will be the closest port (and best and easiest IMO), and those cruises sail to both Bahamas and Caribbean I believe. But a 3 or 4 day will only take you to the Bahamas. I would do a 4 day just to get a little more time. Sometimes the 3 day just seems too fast!

I would definitely go to WDW first and then finish off your trip with a cruise which requires less walking and is more relaxing

Ha ha...OP here. This is an old post. In the end, we decided to keep this trip just to WDW (and hopefully a cruise in a few years time). It wasn't so much that we would be tired, but we found the cost got very $$$ when you add the cruise on top of the few days at Disney. In the end, I'm happy as we will have 6 nights at Disney World to enjoy and not feel like we have to cram in everthing in only a few days...esp as this will probably be our only WDW trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!