Disney Diet.

Just wanted to give everyone some encouragement as I was going through the same "journey" to lose weight for a Disney trip i was taking. (July 2016) I was 23 years old weighed 275lbs my first time going to disney with my boyfriend and realized how hard it was to move around the parks with all the weight. I was cranky in the heat, sweating, didn't want to show myself at the pool area or at the water parks, and by the time we got home to the resort my feet were killing me. I felt I was not making my boyfriend happy by this visit because i didn't even want to go to the pool. I just knew the next time we were there I was going to make the trip there even better, even though it was 7 years later. I started to lose weight in April of 2014 in anticipation for a 3 week long trip in July 2016. Disney was my entire motivation! I wanted to have fun, i wanted to be happy in the pictures and look good, I wanted to move around carelessly. The day before we left for disney I was 135pds. I was able to lose 140lbs for the trip. Pretty much half my weight. And boy how good did it feel to go back to Disney again with my boyfriend. This time it was him telling me he was hot and sweaty and he even said to me I didn't think you were going to be able to handle all this heat and walking! So I encourage everyone who's looking to lose weight for Disney to do it and stay committed, because once your there and can feel comfortable walking around the parks its the best feeling in the world. I can't wait to go back!!!

Just wanted to give everyone some encouragement as I was going through the same "journey" to lose weight for a Disney trip i was taking. (July 2016) I was 23 years old weighed 275lbs my first time going to disney with my boyfriend and realized how hard it was to move around the parks with all the weight. I was cranky in the heat, sweating, didn't want to show myself at the pool area or at the water parks, and by the time we got home to the resort my feet were killing me. I felt I was not making my boyfriend happy by this visit because i didn't even want to go to the pool. I just knew the next time we were there I was going to make the trip there even better, even though it was 7 years later. I started to lose weight in April of 2014 in anticipation for a 3 week long trip in July 2016. Disney was my entire motivation! I wanted to have fun, i wanted to be happy in the pictures and look good, I wanted to move around carelessly. The day before we left for disney I was 135pds. I was able to lose 140lbs for the trip. Pretty much half my weight. And boy how good did it feel to go back to Disney again with my boyfriend. This time it was him telling me he was hot and sweaty and he even said to me I didn't think you were going to be able to handle all this heat and walking! So I encourage everyone who's looking to lose weight for Disney to do it and stay committed, because once your there and can feel comfortable walking around the parks its the best feeling in the world. I can't wait to go back!!!

This is so awesome! You are an inspiration. <3

Yesterday was 3 weeks for me on the Ketogenic Diet, and I am down 10 lbs. My original goal was to lose 20 lbs by January for our Disney Trip, but I really think I can lose more. I started at 195 and weighed in at 185 this morning! I will be THRILLED if I can get to 140 (hell, i'll even take 150) by January.

I'll keep you all posted. But, yay for a 10 lb loss already.

How is everyone else doing?

Hey friends! I just came upon this thread today and I thought I'd share another thread that we have going on where we set monthly weight loss or lifestyle goals and every day there's discussion on encouragement and how to reach them! You all are more than welcome to join in if you would like. Here's the link.

There's a new theme each month. It's helped me keep on track with my weight loss and I love it!

You definitely have an awesome group going on here so I'm not trying to pull you away from it or anything but I just wanted you to know that any and all who are in the progress of making lifestyle changes or maintaining them is welcome :D

Hi. It will be my first time going to disneyworld in may 8-22 2018. I just started the keto diet although I really don't want to call it a diet more a life change in eating. I'm 250 lbs and really would like to get down below the 200 mark. I have difficulty walking so have checked out scooters. My first goal is to lose 25 lbs and then keep going. I have been a yo yo dieter all my life so please wish me luck. A long plane ride at this weight.

Hi everyone! I wanted to come in and update...I weighed in at 171 this morning. Officially down 24 lbs. my original Disney Goal was 170 but I'm going to smash that and now my Disney goal is 150.

We can do this!

Just thought I would pop in to update the weight loss. Down 19 lbs. starting to get hard to stick to the program though. Carbs are creeping up. 20 carbs is really hard to stick to.

Good Morning!

Congratulations on your loss Monika! Keep at it. It's been so worth it for me. I am down to 169 making it a total loss of 26 lbs. 19 lbs to go to get to my Disney Goal.

To call my goals Disney related/motivated I'd have to look honestly at possibly not getting there for a couple more years, but maybe that works as motivation to keep on track after I first meet my weight loss goals. That's when I'll need to find he lifestyle that works to keep myself healthier and more active!

Lord willing, I'm moving to Central Florida sometime between September 2019 and October 2020. So I have all sorts of aspects of life to pay attention to in working toward that goal and pray about!

I've been intentionally losing weight since about September 29th though I'd been on a healing journey for years at that point and was starting from a significantly lower weight than my highpoint!

I'm eating a low carb, high fat diet, often ultra low-carb, and combining that with some intermittent fasting though I've been taking a break from the fasting for the last week. Today it turns out is the first day of my cycle which is making me feel pretty good about my ability to listen to my body and adapt as I go to what's needed in the moment.

I will try to check in sometime and update with my stats from my healthy wage challenge that I'm participating in. (I cannot use that app at the moment.)

I just wanted to check in! We leave for our trip in 25 days!!! I am so excited. I weighed in at 149 yesterday :rainbow:

I’m down 46 lbs.

19 to go to reach goal.

I can’t believe vacation is so soon and i did it. I wanted to go to DW feeling great and healthy...and i did it.

My progress has been super slow this past month. I’m down to 147 but bouncing between 147 and 148.

Total lost is 48 lbs. i am super happy with this!

We leave for Disney World in 7 days!

Sorry for reviving an old thread but y'all kicked butt! I start keto tomorrow and praying I get the same results. Congrats on the weight loss!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!